Would it have been possible for Jesus to have sinned?

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 10:30 am
@dyslexia,
If I want to give a thumbs up to a post...I post the thumbs up by making a favorable comment.

Only my personal opinion...but this "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" thing is absurd.
neologist

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 11:20 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 3568730)
Frank Apisa wrote:

Quote:
Just an educated guess, Frank. . . . Any particular reason you didn't write that, "My guess is that Jesus is not God?"
Because I just know it, Frank.
So...first you say it was a fact...when I challenged you on that, you said it was a guess...and know you are saying it is a fact again.

Looks like you've decided not to be serious.

I don't blame you.
Actually, Frank. I thought it would be obvious to you. In fact, Jesus himself said " . . . the Father is greater than I am. " (John 14:28)
neologist

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 11:21 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

If I want to give a thumbs up to a post...I post the thumbs up by making a favorable comment.

Only my personal opinion...but this "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" thing is absurd.
Yeah. I just give thumbs up for the heck of it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 11:59 am
@neologist,
Quote:
Actually, Frank. I thought it would be obvious to you. In fact, Jesus himself said " . . . the Father is greater than I am. " (John 14:28)

So you are saying that because the guy who authored the gospel of John said this...you can say with certainty that a GOD exists...and that Jesus is NOT that GOD.

Wow!

That is one hell of a bit of reasoning.

Any chance you would like to explain how it works...although I probably would expect better results asking how an Esher staircase works!
neologist

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 01:27 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Quote:

So you are saying that because the guy who authored the gospel of John said this...you can say with certainty that a GOD exists...and that Jesus is NOT that GOD.

Wow!

That is one hell of a bit of reasoning.

Any chance you would like to explain how it works...although I probably would expect better results asking how an Esher staircase works!
Well, if a person claims to believe the Bible, he or she should give credence to 2 Timothy 3: 16. "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight. . ."

I have no problem with the Bible's claim to consistency.

And the Esher staricase works because it is not a photograph.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 02:02 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Well, if a person claims to believe the Bible, he or she should give credence to 2 Timothy 3: 16. "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight. . ."

I don't care one way or the other on that, Neo...but if you are going to say something is a fact just because you read it in the Bible...you are being ridiculous.

Quote:
I have no problem with the Bible's claim to consistency.

I have no problem with that claim either, Neo. I gets lots of laughs out of it. In fact, anyone with any reading skills at all should laugh their butts off at that notion.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 02:03 pm
I know there is a GOD...because the Bible says so!!!!!

Jeez, Neo....that really is not up to your usual standard.
0 Replies

tycoon

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 02:34 pm
Neo would do well to learn the acronym "IMO". He comes across as interpreting the Bible just so. He probably doesn't mean to do that, IMO.
neologist

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 04:33 pm
@tycoon,
tycoon wrote:

Neo would do well to learn the acronym "IMO". He comes across as interpreting the Bible just so. He probably doesn't mean to do that, IMO.
Frank Apisa wrote:

I know there is a GOD...because the Bible says so!!!!!

Jeez, Neo....that really is not up to your usual standard.
I long ago posted the disclaimer that I am posting my own opinions.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 04:46 pm
@neologist,
I'm not sure why you are playing this game, Neo...but Tycoon if you are still tuned in...listen up.

Neo, you wrote:
Quote:
The fact is that Jesus is not God.

There is NO way that is expressing opinion. You were stating it as a fact.

When I questioned you on it, you wrote:

Quote:
Just an educated guess, Frank.

So I asked you why you didn't just write, “It is my guess that Jesus is not God.”

And you responded,
Quote:
Because I just know it, Frank.

And now you are protesting,
Quote:
I long ago posted the disclaimer that I am posting my own opinions.

So what is this game, Neo?

Something from the playground?

Are you saying that your arguments lack logic...so you are going to pretend that you are just fooling around?
spendius

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 06:23 pm
Jesus couldn't sin. His agent had a tight lid on that sort of thing.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 06:28 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Logic?
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 06:52 pm
@neologist,
Logic!
neologist

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 09:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
We seem to be approaching this from a different set of axioms. The topical question, IMO, presumes the validity of the Bible.

The question of whether or not the Bible is God's word probably belongs in a different thread.
Intrepid

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 10:05 pm
@neologist,
You are absolutely correct, Neo. IMO. The thread title is, Would it have been possible for Jesus to have sinned?

The premise that Jesus existed had already been established by the thread title. Frank is getting beyone the scope of the topic. IMO.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 10:09 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

You are absolutely correct, Neo. IMO. The thread title is, Would it have been possible for Jesus to have sinned?

The premise that Jesus existed had already been established by the thread title. Frank is getting beyone the scope of the topic. IMO.
no matter my opinion (for I have none) Franks scope is cosmological. I once kicked frank in the face as he lay on the sidewalk in NYC and he won't let me forget it.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 10:21 pm
If the president does it, that means it is not wrong - R M Nixon.
neologist

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 10:25 pm
@dyslexia,
That explains a lot. Drunk
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 10:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
Howdy, Edgar.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 10:59 pm
@neologist,