What should I give a guy for Valentine's Day

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 03:25 pm
So I've been seeing this guy for 2 years.... He is 49 years old.... I still dont know what to get him... Last year and the year before I bought him Jewelry... But I really dont have that kinda money at the moment. Whats a simple gift for a guy who doesnt listen to CD's... But more thoughful than a gift card? (By the way Im 23)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 1,958 • Replies: 32
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 03:46 pm
@PeanutButterJelly,
My wife just asked me what I would like for Valentine's day and my reply to her was <<you>>>.

Light a few candles and draw a bath for two and he will be happy.
BillRM

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 03:50 pm
@PeanutButterJelly,
My wife just ask me what I would like for Valentine's day and my reply to her was <<you>>>.

Light a few candles and draw a bath for two and he will be happy.
0 Replies

PeanutButterJelly

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 03:59 pm
@BillRM,
The only thing is right now we live separately and dont have a place to stay together.... I live with my older sister... and he lives with his older son. So there isnt much romance that can happen.... I was planning on going to Vegas... But wanted to get him something and give to him on V-day
Bella Dea

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 04:08 pm
@PeanutButterJelly,
Hotel room.

0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 04:14 pm
@PeanutButterJelly,
Let's see, there is an age difference of 26 years. I think you have already given him everything he could ask for.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 04:15 pm
@PeanutButterJelly,
I'll keep it clean..I swear it. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil You're 23 and he's 49? Wait...then...he needs nothing. 2 Cents He seems to have it going on already, as it is Exclamation

Are you both going to be vacationing in LV at same time? That part isn't clear.
If so, that opens up a whole different list of possibilities. so many great places to eat. Also I'll bet there are gift certificates for spa treatments and/or massages both in LV or near him he might enjoy.

A good book could be OK...but a bit dull..unless he really loves a ceertain subject. If he travels alot..or can't sit down for a book reading, a book on CD or Ipod is always good.

Does he cook? I had a g/f give me a easy-to-prepare gourmet cook book and we had a great date by a cooking recipe from that book.

Perhaps, a special bottle of wine could be nice. I could recommend several you could get nationally. Couple that with some dark chocolate (Ghiradelli, Belgian, or Swiss) and you've got an incredible sensual dessert treat.

I got a million more. Just let me know if you are going to be in LV together.

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 04:26 pm
In Japan, the custom is for women to give men fine chocolate on Valentine's Day. So if it is the thought that counts, a box of great chocolates would be a fine gift and relatively inexpensive. It might even include a note explaining that in Japan, a gift of chocolate denotes respect, honor, and appreciation.

(Oddly enough, the men don't get the women valentine gifts. The gals have their own day to receive gifts in March.)
kickycan

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 04:32 pm
@PeanutButterJelly,
Head.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 04:45 pm
@kickycan,
Kicky, you made me lose my own bet. I saw the title and I thought to myself - who will be the first to suggest oral sex? 1. BP Bear, 2. NickFun, 3. Kicky, 4. Gus,
5. Slappy. I put my shekels on BPB, who has been hanging around today, and now you show up. So do have some special radar that goes off in your computer when one of these questions appears?
shewolfnm

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 04:48 pm
@Green Witch,
wait......... I.... didnt make that list???

Im offended..
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 05:10 pm
Why make the conclusion that I would be unimaginative...I was going to suggest analingus and a tranny....
Ragman

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 05:21 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I'm taking bets she'll get scared off now. Neutral

Jeez..the context-sensitive ads at the bottom of the screen are now showing
V-Day Men's and Ladies Underwear. How 'bout that?!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 05:28 pm
@shewolfnm,
I was saving you for my list about tits.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 05:44 pm
@Green Witch,
ummmmm....tits....
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 05:44 pm
@PeanutButterJelly,
A pacemaker
kickycan

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 05:58 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

Kicky, you made me lose my own bet. I saw the title and I thought to myself - who will be the first to suggest oral sex? 1. BP Bear, 2. NickFun, 3. Kicky, 4. Gus,
5. Slappy. I put my shekels on BPB, who has been hanging around today, and now you show up. So do have some special radar that goes off in your computer when one of these questions appears?

I just happened to stop by at the right moment I guess. It needed to be said, so I said it.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 06:00 pm
@kickycan,
You and I Kick...we're misunderstood but caring individuals. the love we give is it's own reward.
0 Replies

PeanutButterJelly

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 06:13 pm
@Ragman,
Yes we are going together... I kinda wanted to give him something... (not like going out to eat and all) Like a physical here ya go gift... He has the attention span of a nat. LOL... So a book wont do.
0 Replies

PeanutButterJelly

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 06:13 pm
@Foxfyre,
I like that idea...
0 Replies