How do you help a woman put on her coat?

tycoon

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 07:36 pm
This seems to be a very complex movement, a real dance.

Which side do you approach her from?

Is it best to get one arm in completely before attempting the next?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 6,319 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Ferostie

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 07:44 pm
@tycoon,
The way I help my wife is grabbing it off the coat rack and handing it to her. She isn't handicap. Besides after being married with a child for a while only saves those moments for special occasions.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 07:45 pm
Simplicity itself. Basically, all you have to do is hold it for her so she can slip her arms into the sleeves herself in whatever sequence pleases the lady.
Intrepid

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 08:18 pm
@tycoon,
The back.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 08:35 pm
When a man holds a coat for me, I put my right arm in first, if that helps.

Don't try to dance around her, just stand there holding it open. The woman will know what to do.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 08:39 pm
@tycoon,
Not from any side. The back.

Hold it open.

Let her figure out the rest, though a fine gentleman can assist with the adjustment of the coat once the lady has mmmm shrugged her shoulders into the coat.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 08:41 pm
When I hold a coat for my wife , she puts her left arm in first, if that helps.

Don't try to dance around her, just stand there holding it open. The woman will know what to do. They have evolved just like you.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 09:25 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Yep - exactly - just hold it up and let her slip her arms through. And although she may not be handicapped, it is still nice for a husband to be polite and help in this way - shows you care.
mismi

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 09:44 pm
@Linkat,
I have found it to be easier if my husband holds the coat from the back and lowers the arm so I can get my hand in then, the other - then he pulls it up...quite nice really. Much appreciated.
solipsister

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 10:52 pm
@tycoon,
affront is best

secure straps

call men in white coats
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 09:06 am
@mismi,
Yes you got it. I think what it is, is you hold the coat so it is easier for the lady to slip into it - from the back and at the height level where it is easy to slip her arms in. When you hold it open, she will move her arms either left or right to what is natural for her, then like mismi said pull the coat up.

And if you kinda not line up (I've had this with my husband even after many years) you kinda don't get insinc - then you sort of joke about it. Either way it is a nice gesture and most women appreciate it.
solipsister

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 07:15 pm
@Linkat,
jacket
0 Replies

tycoon

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 03:33 pm
Well I tried the advice given here. I held the coat up and basically pretended to be a coat hanger. It worked nice, and I used mismi's advice of fitting it to her once she had both arms in. I bet we did it six times last weekend, each was better than the last. But enough about our sex life.
Linkat

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 03:47 pm
@tycoon,
How nice for you!
0 Replies