What is the average age of A2Kers?

Green Witch

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 02:06 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
Ok, I pop on this thread to give my age and again DD22 is the middle of a fight. I go back to find the cause and again it is because DD22 has misunderstood a remark. I see a pattern. DD22, there is no way Setanta was trying to insult you with his comment. It was a general comment to all of us here because sometimes we act our age and sometimes we act like children. You took it personally. But rather than ask him to explain the statement you insult him. Now Setanta get insulted and strikes back and WHAM! the fur really flies. DD22, you are a danger to yourself. Someone is going to shoot you one day. Really. Have you been checked for excessive testosterone ? It's possible your hormones are out of wack and causing this rage and jumping to conclusions.

By the way, I'm 47. How old are you?
George

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 02:10 pm
@Sglass,
Quote:
Re: Merry Andrew (Post 3547192)
I will be chronologically gifted with 73 years in March.

Heh,heh, Merry Andrew married an older woman.

You cougar, you.
0 Replies

dirrtydozen22

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 02:39 pm
@Green Witch,
20 next months lol. no i didn't check for excess testosterones cuz I'm a woman.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 03:01 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
I know you're a woman and women have testosterone, too. It can be out of balance, as can estrogen. Women who have gone through menopause can tell you all about it, but it can happen at any age.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 03:07 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
I found this in a rather long, dull article about hormones:

Quote:
Take testosterone in a prison. Dabbs' team found that criminal violence and aggressive dominance among women in prison is linked to higher levels of testosterone. An earlier study of male inmates found testosterone levels to be highest among male inmates convicted of violent crimes such as rape, murder and assault. Variables such as age, social factors and other hormones were seen as important in these studies.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/slab/testost/story.htm
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 03:23 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
dirrtydozen22 wrote:
YOU started off with some sarcasm in this thread. "Chronilogical age or mental age?" Were you trying to imply that I'm stupid or something?

Looks a lot more like self-depreciating humor to me, saying he's more mentally immature or silly than he is chronologically.

That was my read, I could be wrong but I see it as so obvious that I find it hard to imagine how it could be taken as an insult.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 03:41 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
Don't worry about Setanata's rants about grammar, DD. He doesn't know what he's talking about. His own knowledge of English grammar is minimal, at best.

Quote:
First, Dick, i am free to respond to any thread i see. Second, Clown, i don't much interest in responding to you since you chose to gratuitously insult me. Third, your command of standard English continues to suck. That's not a problem for me, but it does explain to a certain extent the contempt i entertain for you.

No one, not a person on the planet always uses Standard English when they speak and what happens at these types of forums is that, though responses are written, they are more in the form of speech.

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 04:24 pm
@JTT,
Set...since JTT decided to get involved in this...I thought I would post this for you. It is a copy of some comments I just posted to a third party in another thread where I have been "discussing" English grammar with JTT:

Quote:
I am certainly not arguing that grammar is static...or inflexible...or even that it is not presumptuous to suppose some forms of communication are "superior" to others.

But I am arguing that there is, whether rightly or wrongly, such a thing as “good or acceptable or standard” English grammar and “not so good, not so acceptable or non-standard” English grammar.

I am also arguing that there ARE language scholars who agree with that.

JTT here is arguing that there is no such thing...and that NOT A SINGLE language scholar on the planet says that there is!

He are full of ****.

This went from a reasonable discussion with I making all sorts of concessions...and it making none at all--to farce.

But me want to emphasize what me said earlier...he (JTT) are full of ****.
JTT

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 05:52 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
This went from a reasonable discussion with I making all sorts of concessions...and it making none at all--to farce.

But me want to emphasize what me said earlier

In your typical eloquent manner, Frank.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 05:53 pm
29 here..but I feel older.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 05:58 pm
@maporsche,
67, but I feel younger... probably about 54 now.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 06:24 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
dirrtydozen22 wrote:

I gratuituously insulted you?

YOU started off with some sarcasm in this thread. "Chronilogical age or mental age?" Were you trying to imply that I'm stupid or something?

Second, grammar nazi, I don't give a **** about standard English. Just cuz you have a good command of it don't make you all that. You only harp on ppl's text message style of writing because you outlived your own time so you bitch about **** you can't even read.

It ain't the 50's anymore. Either adapt to change or jump off the bridge.

I suppose that your sensitivity and rants are a product of your young age. You created a thread and invited input. Someone asks a question (although you take it personally and out of context). You respond in a juvenile manner. The older poster takes exception to your infantile approach, thus casusing them to look a bit immature as well. You go back and forth and waste time and energy.

Oh, btw. I am on facebook. Wink

And.... to answer your question a few pages back. I was born on Valentine's day not as a result of anything that you suggested. I was born on that day due to the sexual appetite of my parents at the time of my conception. I like to think that it was planned.
caribou

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 06:33 pm
As you can see on this thread, one's age does not equal one's maturity level. Really, age is just a number.

I've been on Facebook for a few months now. Still finding it entertaining.
Myspace, never.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 10:07 pm
How in the world do I calculate my average age?
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 10:08 pm
@JLNobody,
It's the sum of all your ages each year, divided by the years you've had a different age.
JLNobody

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 10:09 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Oh yeah, now I remember. Thanks.
solipsister

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 10:42 pm
@JLNobody,
You all seem to be so young and lovely. Mind you, I am famished.
0 Replies

dirrtydozen22

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 01:26 am
@Intrepid,
yeah, i do tend to take things personally sometimes. no wonder i get into lots of trouble. maybe, hopefully i'll eventually grow out of it if it's truly the "product of my young age."
mysteryman

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 07:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
Remember, your only as old as the woman you feel...LOL
shewolfnm

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 07:27 am
@dirrtydozen22,
dirrtydozen22 wrote:

yeah, i do tend to take things personally sometimes. no wonder i get into lots of trouble. maybe, hopefully i'll eventually grow out of it if it's truly the "product of my young age."

eh.
I think you sound pretty damn cool to me Smile Everyone gets angry at one point or another. Its a survival skill. Dont squash it, just learn it.
0 Replies