What is the average age of A2Kers?

djjd62

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 09:13 am
@sozobe,
i shouldn't really disparage facebook, it just seems that among younger people especially it is more of a popularity contest than anything else, i guess i object to the "friends", maybe if they had other categories, acquaintances, associates it would seem more realistic
sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 09:14 am
@djjd62,
Yeah, I know what you mean...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 09:20 am
@djjd62,
I have never ever even been on Facebook.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 09:23 am
I'm 49.

Soz, is there a Facebook thread around here? Or how do I find Atookians there?

Not that I have time for a new hobby, but I'm interested.
sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 09:25 am
@mac11,
I just keep seeing reference.

The people who sent me friend invites used their real names so I think you need to know that. Once you do, you can just look 'em up.
squinney

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 09:27 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

That includes A2K people btw -- I've decided I want to maintain a bright shining line, worlds collide and all that, so if you're one of the people who sent me a friend invitation and I haven't responded, it's not personal! I might start a separate sozobe (or something similar) Facebook account though because it sounds like a lot is going on there amongst A2K'ers...

Yeah... We are all talking about how you rejected us! Razz
djjd62

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 09:29 am
@sozobe,
would be easier with PM's

and a2k account is an interesting idea
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 09:29 am
@mac11,
Mac - you can search "groups" for A2K. Some of us are in that group.
mac11

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 09:35 am
@squinney,
Thanks squinney. I'll check it out this weekend.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 10:08 am
I share Dadpad's age and, like Phoenix, my next birthday will be one of those 'momentous' ones for me.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 10:33 am
@squinney,
I knew it!!!! Razz
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 11:11 am
@dirrtydozen22,
60 years old
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 11:26 am
I think the reason I don't enjoy facebook is because I've added too many people, so my news feed is really boring. I use it more for spying on people I used to hate a school because anyone I actually LIKE I hang around with or am in contact with without the use of facebook.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 11:38 am
I'm 28. I'd say the most active users are typically middle-aged and above, while a lot of our more casual users and guests tend to be younger (mainly because internet traffic overall tends to be younger).

I follow a variety of demographic surveys on a2k users, they aren't usually very accurate, and I have no idea how they get their data sometimes but here's one you might find interesting. Take it with a grain of salt because it's only trying to measure the US users, and is not very accurate at that (e.g. I know that the total US users they report for able2know is less than 30% of the real number).

http://www.quantcast.com/able2know.org/traffic/sites#demographics

I believe the data comes from ISPs for this one.
0 Replies

dirrtydozen22

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 12:38 pm
@Setanta,
if u see no reason to respond to me, what the hell brought you to my thread? no one asked you to come. as for curiosity, i don't care to know anything about the likes of you.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 12:40 pm
66, as of last September. I have a facebook and a myspace account. I have ignored facebook for some months, but logged on yesterday. I expect to check in a bit more often, but prefer not to play the silly games of sending flowers and cups of coffee. Myspace, I went on because a friend was on there. He has since dropped out.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 01:27 pm
@Merry Andrew,
I will be chronologically gifted with 73 years in March.

Heh,heh, Merry Andrew married an older woman.
Setanta

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 01:30 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
First, Dick, i am free to respond to any thread i see. Second, Clown, i don't much interest in responding to you since you chose to gratuitously insult me. Third, your command of standard English continues to suck. That's not a problem for me, but it does explain to a certain extent the contempt i entertain for you. That, and your constant harping on how unfair it is that you should suffer for your failure to govern your temper.
Chumly

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 01:39 pm
I am 53, my heart feels the burden of the ages; weary time traveller!

I have the sniffles........bleat.....snork........rasp...........hack
0 Replies

dirrtydozen22

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 01:45 pm
@Setanta,
I gratuituously insulted you?

YOU started off with some sarcasm in this thread. "Chronilogical age or mental age?" Were you trying to imply that I'm stupid or something?

Second, grammar nazi, I don't give a **** about standard English. Just cuz you have a good command of it don't make you all that. You only harp on ppl's text message style of writing because you outlived your own time so you bitch about **** you can't even read.

It ain't the 50's anymore. Either adapt to change or jump off the bridge.