How do I know if my fiancee is still in love with her "exboyfriend"?

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 11:47 am
I know that my fiancee loves me, but it has always made me wonder if she is still in love with her exboyfriend. I know that the past should be the past, but it's just something that I am anxious to know... so how can I find out? Any advice, comments?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 3,007 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:15 pm
@missprettyinpink,
Quote:
Any advice, comments?

Lemme see now...you call yourself "missprettyinpink"...

...and you are asking a question about your fiancee' possibly being in love with her ex-boyfriend.

Hummm!

Nope.

Don't think I have any advice for you.
missprettyinpink

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Reason my username is "missprettyinpink" is because of my fiancee. She looks very good in pink. Since I'm always thinking of her, it occurred to me to have that as my username. So if any of you, have any advice or comments about the topic, please let me know.
dagmaraka

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:22 pm
@missprettyinpink,
my advice is don't. just don't. your fiancee is marrying you, right? not her ex boyfriend. she has the right to some privacy and this belongs to it.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I think MPIP explained his user name earlier and it sort of makes sense.

MPIP, You are displaying very immature emotions. I think if you do not trust your fiancee you should call off the wedding until you grow up. Everything that is a problem in the beginning of a relationship only magnifies over time. It's hard enough to stay married- even when the start is perfect.
aidan

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:26 pm
@missprettyinpink,
Miss pretty in pink wrote:
Quote:
I know that my fiancee loves me, but it has always made me wonder if she is still in love with her exboyfriend. I know that the past should be the past, but it's just something that I am anxious to know... so how can I find out? Any advice, comments?

Ask her. Maybe she does still love him. But if you know that she loves you and is choosing to be with you, that's the important thing.
I've never really understood how someone could love someone and then suddenly not love them . I mean, if you love someone because of who they are, how do you suddenly stop loving them if they're still the same person?

You might no longer love BEING with them - or decide that the two of you want different things - but I've never stopped loving anyone I've ever loved. Is that a requirement of living with someone? Is it okay for them to say to you, 'You're no longer allowed to love anyone you ever loved before- you can only love me now!'
That doesn't make sense.

0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:29 pm
MPIP, I don't see your emotions as 'immature' in this context and I think your question/concern is a reasonable one. But understand that how your fiance feels about her ex is out of your control and it isn't necessary that you know how she still feels about him. It is quite possible that she doesn't even know for sure.

What is important is the love and commitment that she feels for you. If you have any question about that, listen to your gut and back off and wait for awhile before you marry. You can't make somebody love you no matter how much you love them or how deeply you want their love. But your gut is usually smarter than your heart in these things. Listen to it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:33 pm
@missprettyinpink,
So, when you say misspretty in pink, you are actually saying that you miss your gf who is pretty in pink. Oh I get it, ya gotta remember me and Frank are a coupla old farts who need to have **** explained to us in detail otherwise we forget what is going on in the place ,Like a time we were talking about baseball and this guy walked up and asked Frank if he had a light and Frank handed him one of them Colemen lanterns, you know the ones that have the neat led lights that can be turned to a real high brightness so you can read magazines in a tent with.So Frank gives this guy a Coleman and the guy was telling us how he had the same kind of leds in his german car interior lights. He said that they were the best lights for interiors especially if the car has tinted windows so you cant see much inside even at night with the lights blazing. Here in Pennsylvania we cant have these kinds of lights because we have, I believe , a law that only allows us to have about 15% tinting in the front drivers window. Thats mostly to protect cops who pull people over and the guy in the car pulls a gun and the cops cant even see it. Like the one that happened in NY last year. This guy was pulled over and questioned about his speeding and the guy had a 9mm and he shot the cop right through the window. Fortunately the guy only grazed the cop because of distortion caused by refraction in the glass tinting. It turns out that really hevily tinted glass windows have about a "C" axis refraction similar to spar lenses that they use for telescopes and surveying instrumenst.
Well, hope you get your answer , Ive gotta go and do my laundry and get a haircut so I cant stand around and just shoot the breeze with you anymore.
missprettyinpink

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:34 pm
@Green Witch,
I agree with you, but sometimes it just makes you wonder....I love her so much and I know she loves me and every couple has their "misunderstandings" and no marriage is ever perfect. All you have to do to make a marriage work is really LOVE your spouse and work things out. LOVE plays a big role. So if you really love your spouse then your marriage should be a happy, extraordinary marriage.
missprettyinpink

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:44 pm
@missprettyinpink,
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT YOU ARE ALL RIGHT!!!!! I LOVE HER AND SHE LOVES ME AND WE ARE GETTING MARRIED IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS THAT I AM GOING CRAZY! I CAN'T WAIT FOR HER TO BE MY WIFE! SHE IS MY ALL! SHE FEELS THE SAME WAY ABOUT ME AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS! MARRIAGE IS A BLESSING AND A WONDERFUL THING WHEN YOU ARE IN LOVE! I LOVE HER SO MUCH I WANT THE WHOLE WORLD TO KNOW MY FEELINGS TOWARDS HER!
missprettyinpink

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:47 pm
@missprettyinpink,
DOES ANYBODY ELSE FEEL THE SAME WAY? HAPPY, EXCITED, IN LOVE, JOYOUS? Let me know!
DrewDad

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:52 pm
@missprettyinpink,
Thank you all for the grins. BEST THREAD OF THE DAY!

P.S. Your username reminds me of experts-exchange.com (formerly expertsexchange.com).
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:53 pm
@missprettyinpink,
Love needs to be at the core, but understanding that you are both separate, private and unique individuals also goes a long way. Respect is as important as love. I wish you both joy.

(Married 15 years and counting...)
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:55 pm
Pen Island is my second-favorite domain name screwup: penisland.com.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 01:02 pm
@farmerman,
Well, you can say that you need things carefully explained, but you don't have to include me in that. I can handle the most complex of things without explanations.

But there was one thing in your post I wasn't too sure of.

You wrote:

Quote:
Ive gotta go and do my laundry and get a haircut so I cant stand around and just shoot the breeze with you anymore.

So how did you figured out which one you are gonna get cut?

And why not cut 'em all at the same time?
Bella Dea

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 01:11 pm
@missprettyinpink,
Quote:
All you have to do to make a marriage work is really LOVE your spouse and work things out.

Sorry to burst your bubble but that just isn't true.
Ragman

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 01:58 pm
@Bella Dea,
<thwap>
0 Replies

missprettyinpink

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 02:57 pm
I just want to say that I am glad that you are all giving me advice, but right now I just came to realize that I am so happy to be getting married! I want to know if there are people in this forum that are engaged and feel the same way? I would really like to have some of your feedback. How do you feel about getting married?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 03:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Haircut, (hare'-kut). n. The act,process, or style of cutting the hair.

Youre not from ANdora are you?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 03:15 pm
@missprettyinpink,
missprettyinpink wrote:

So if you really love your spouse then your marriage should be a happy, extraordinary marriage.

Ever heard Tina Turner's "What's Love Got To Do With It?"