New signs for the homeless

Portal Star

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 04:23 pm
Joanne-
Sorry to hear that.
Where do you live if you are not on the street and homeless? How do you use the computer? Also, I thought you were selling your artwork. Do you have a job? Can you not find a job? Where in texas are you? I'm in Austin.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 04:36 pm
Quote:
Where do you live if you are not on the street and homeless?

Currently living out of a suitcase with my Aunt Jane in Dallas. I always loved Tejas until I had to live in Dallas Shocked

Quote:
How do you use the computer?

Barely use it at all it belong to Jane, she has dial up with out a dedicated computer line, a 56k modem, WinME, and her browser is AOL I never knew computing could be so difficult.

Quote:
Also, I thought you were selling your artwork.

I am I have sold several pieces plus some antiques. Unfortunatly my car broke down in Denver last May and I had to borrow $1,656.56 from Jane. I have to pay her back before I can leave. And accumulate the money for my own place.

Quote:
Do you have a job?

Nope, 25 years of hard time with the feds and an annuity, that is all the income I have. It is not quite enough. In fact it. my retirment income, goes down every year as health insurance rates go up and the COLA does not goes up the way OPM figures it.

Quote:
Can you not find a job?

Been there done that, unfortunately it is a hard row to hoe at my age, 58 and all my experience, plus working for the government is not a plus. I have temped some but right now the unemployment rate in Dallas/Ft. Worth is over 7%.

Quote:
Where in texas are you?

The worst part Dallas, but will be at the meet in Austin thanks to Tartarian. I will fill you in more in person.
0 Replies