I have a medical question...chest hurts and is getting worse.

mismi

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:39 pm
@Montana,
Could it be worse than an GYN visit?
Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:54 pm
@mismi,
Not sure yet.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 06:48 pm
I'll be getting my first colonoscopy this year.

I would be nervous about it, but I know I'm not going to remember a thing.

When I had a d&c a few months back, I'd never been under anestesia before, and I didn't know what to expect.

They started the IV and I remember asking "will I still be awake when you take me down there?" (to the room)

They said yes.

The very next second, the recovery room nurse was nudging me awake, I was back in the prep room. My husband said I was wide awake when they rolled me out, but I have no memory of it.

I mean, I bet y'all have been unconscious, but it was a new experience for me.

Anyway, back to your chest....what time are you going in?
mismi

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 06:54 pm
@chai2,
I went first thing this morning - I was happy they could see me so quickly - I have a bacterial infection in my right lung. They gave me all kinds of fun meds to take care of it. Z-pack, anti-inflammatory and Mucinex DM...and hydrocodone to help me sleep...it hurts like the dickens when I lay down right now. On both sides...so strange.

That's why I was so nervous this morning...but he just said to take the meds and rest the next couple of days...I am on the anti-inflammatory for a month though. I really cannot tell you how much I hate taking pills.
mismi

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 06:54 pm
@mismi,
They put you to sleep for a colonoscopy? That's nice. I would prefer that.
Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:07 pm
@mismi,
Oh they do? I vote for that one then. It's the obvious choice, no doubt.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 08:11 pm
oh yeah, you're not awake.

mismi, even though you don't like taking pills, make sure you take your full dosage for as long as ordered.

nothing worse than a relapse.
mismi

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 08:13 pm
@chai2,
Thanks Chai - I will take them all
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 11:55 am
@mismi,
I once had a lingering cough and I ended up coughing so hard that after a couple of weeks, my chest ache when I breathe in and out. That finally prompted me to go to the doctors. It appears I only bruised my ribs by coughing so hard and I ended up having allegies. I took some allegy medicine and cough syrup with codience for a little bit and I was fine - hopefully your situation isn't anything serious either - Glad you going to the doctors and let us know the outcome.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 11:57 am
@mismi,
saw this afterwards - glad you are finally getting what you need to get better.

<scolding> next time see the doctor sooner!
mismi

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 12:07 pm
@Linkat,
Thanks Linkat - trust me, I will...have no intention of letting it get this far ever again!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 12:11 pm
Intercostal Cardial muscles can get strained or bruised and approximate busted ribs. Thats my guess cause you hurt even when you lay on that side. I jammed a ski pole into one years ago and I was certain I was having heart attacks for months.
0 Replies

dirrtydozen22

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:19 pm
I thought calling my cardiologist was for when my car broke down, but apparently, I'm wrong.
0 Replies