I have a medical question...chest hurts and is getting worse.

chai2

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:30 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

That's embarrassing Montana...what if I am just being a big baby? (it happens Wink)

That's what they get paid for mismi.

You're the patient.
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:30 pm
Glad Montana got a good nap and glad you got the stuff to fix you up Mismi (even though I am terribly humbled at missing the diagnosis. I probably shouldn't add M.D. after my name, huh? The fact that I have no medical degree doesn't factor into that at all of course.)
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:36 pm
@chai2,
Chai - thankfully I didn't have to say anything but that my chest hurt and they got me right in...you are right of course...I am still a child at times.

Foxfyre - please, you should not feel that way...there was no way you could know...I was just looking for what it might be...my fear is they were going to say it was gas or something. Razz
Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:46 pm
@mismi,
gas Laughing
mismi

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:46 pm
@Montana,
you just never know.
Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:50 pm
@mismi,
So true Laughing
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:53 pm
Well yeah, when it's gas usually sooner or later everybody knows. But I digress...
mismi

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:55 pm
@Foxfyre,
Ha....have you ever had it trapped in your back or your chest - like after you have had some kind of endoscopic surgery? OW. I wonder if Beano helps in that case.
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:56 pm
@mismi,
Me? No. But hubby, yes. And you have to wonder about the real priorities in this old world while you wait....and wait....and wait....and wait.....for farts.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:14 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Well yeah, when it's gas usually sooner or later everybody knows. But I digress...

Laughing
Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:15 pm
I guess I'm lucky. My gas never gets stuck like that.
mismi

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:16 pm
@Montana,
Quote:
and wait....and wait....and wait.....for farts.

but what a relief when it all finally passes...maybe not to those around at the time...but I don't fart - so that is not an issue.
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:18 pm
@Montana,
You haven't had a colonoscopy yet huh? Actually that was a relatively short wait for him. The long one was after his cancer surgery. He was on ice chips for three whole days until he could finally let it go. Said he was never so grateful for that particular bodily function in his life. Smile
Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:20 pm
@mismi,
I shouldn't laugh. I know gas can be painful.

Is it true you don't fart? a woman I worked with not long ago said she didn't far either. I said to her "dear god woman, you're gonna explode one day" Laughing
Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:22 pm
@Foxfyre,
I feel bad for laughing now. I know it's a very painful thing.
mismi

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:23 pm
@Montana,
Laughing she does too...she just says she doesn't much like myself. I prefer to call it "fluff" - Wink
Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:25 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

You haven't had a colonoscopy yet huh? What do you mean, yet?
Shocked

No, I haven't, but I had a camera down my throat a few years back. Creepy stuff.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:26 pm
@mismi,
Laughing
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:31 pm
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

I feel bad for laughing now. I know it's a very painful thing.

Don't feel bad. He laughed. One of our best friends (a guy thankfully or he would have been terribly embarrassed) was with him when it all finally let go - which took awhile - and they both had a great laugh. No significant pain involved. Smile

But yes, after you pass a certain age--usually around 50 or 55 or so--your doctor will be suggesting a colonoscopy. So far I have resisted that but I know it is probably a good idea. It has been described as running a little lawnmower painlessly through your large intestine to look things over and remove any polyps which they say virtually eliminates the probability that you'll have colon cancer.
Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:38 pm
@Foxfyre,
Laughing That was a funny story Fox. Thanks for sharing it and giving me a good...needed laugh.

I suppose if the test is painless, I wouldn't resist. Better safe than sorry, but how embarrassing it's gotta be Shocked