I have a medical question...chest hurts and is getting worse.

mismi

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:38 am
I am going to the Dr., but I was just wondering what you all think this might be. I had a cold that started over Thanksgiving Holidays back in November. The cough lasted for weeks through Christmas.

For the last two weeks my chest on the right side has hurt when I breathed in. I am tired and wear out easily, but I am working now and have three kids...that seems normal to me. But yesterday the coughing got worse, and I can hardly breathe in for the pain on the right side.

I sleep on my left side...when I rolled over during the night the pain was quite sharp but eventually subsided...later I rolled back over and it did the same thing. Does that sound like Pnuemonia to you? I have never felt the pain that sharp since it started hurting when I breathed in a couple of weeks ago.

Just curious.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 12 • Views: 8,118 • Replies: 72
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by mismi
Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:44 am
Jeeez, I'm glad I can't sleep. Get to the docs Mismi ASAP.
Izzie

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:45 am
@mismi,
Oh Mis....

get yeself to the doc girlie...

Could you have broken a rib Mis????

you suffer with bronchitis too, right - best get checked out a.s.a.p.

hugs.... very very gentle ones!

(I broke ribs coughing when I was with FQsis.... hurts like heck.... go sooner, not later)

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:46 am
that's a pretty good guess, but it's best you see your doctor, which you are, which is good, so well, everything is good

except for you who feel bad, but hopefully you'll feel better

i need a cup of tea, then i'll feel better
0 Replies

mismi

@Montana,
I am going to make the appt as soon as they open. Hoping I can get in quickly - the kids are off today - I get to take them with me...that should be fun.
Montana

@mismi,
I thought Pnuemonia too, but I never had it, so I'm not sure of the symptoms.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:48 am
@Montana,
you should get some sleep, tries hypnotic stare Shocked , you're getting sleepy

did it work
Izzie

@djjd62,
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Wink
0 Replies

mismi

@mismi,
Thanks Montana, Iz and dj...I really don't feel that bad - I can still do stuff...the tiredness just comes with the territory I think. I do get Bronchitus pretty regularly... Rolling Eyes

I just wanted to be prepared. I don't have to miss work do I?
mismi

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:49 am
@mismi,
Go to sleep Montana...sending sleep vibes your way!
Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:49 am
@mismi,
When you make the appointment, tell them it's an emergency. They'll take you first.
mismi

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:50 am
@mismi,
Quote:
(I broke ribs coughing when I was with FQsis.... hurts like heck.... go sooner, not later)

you can break ribs coughing? Shocked
Montana

@mismi,
It's the trouble breathing that's got me worried.
0 Replies

Montana

@djjd62,
Are you trying to get rid of me?
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:51 am
@Montana,
That's embarrassing Montana...what if I am just being a big baby? (it happens Wink)
Montana

Hey, now you're all trying to get rid of me Laughing
Izzie

@mismi,
If you have pneu....... mmmmmmm..... not sure - wouldn't have thought so... but dunno.... but you shouldn't be picking up babies if it hurts girlie! Broken rib.... same deal.

They should x-ray you. Immediate test would be blood oxy levels - little thingy on the end of your finger - if your oxy levels are lower than normal then you should get immediate treatment.

Can't afford to take any chances...... RIGHT!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:52 am
@mismi,
Well, are you having trouble breathing? I mean a little scary kinda trouble?
Izzie

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:54 am
@mismi,
Yep - 2 of when FQ was weaning A-girl. We were sharing a bed and when A-girl cried I would go in to her whilst FQsis had cabbage leaves in her bra! (girl thing).... I had a really bad cough so I was coughing into the pillow at nite to try and make sure A-girl and FQ didn't waken - 2 snapped...... hospital for 8 days...... A-girl was weaned. Happy days.... blooooooody painful. Couldn't take a breath without HUGE pain.
Izzie

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:54 am
@Montana,
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... we wouldnee do that..... BIG WAVE TO THE CANAJUN GAL!