Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 02:07 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Well, just so you know, the User Ignore I was referring to was FOW, not you. And by all means, go ahead and be angry; it's better than sitting back and taking it. My post to you said what I felt; anything else was what you read into it.

I've told you in the past how insulting it was to call me gullible and what not, yet you came here and did it again, claiming it's because you care. That's not care Mame. That's what I call abuse.

Mame wrote:
And I don't think I'm so smart and no, I don't understand why you started the thread and I really don't care. I felt compelled to comment. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. No need to get so upset about it. I happen to think you are ruled by your emotions rather than your head and to me, that's gullible. And naive. So I'm entitled to my opinion from what I know of you here.

Ahhhh, there are my favorite words, and she says "No need to get upset about it". Gee, Mame knows these words offend me, yet she feels compelled to throw them at me every time I'm feeling a bit down.
You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, but don't do getting my panties in a bunch and then claim you care.

Mame wrote:
I don't believe in bleeding heart syndrome. You do. End of story. You can think I'm a bitch and I can think you're gullible. No need to start swearing and calling people out. What do you care what I or we think, anyway? And from the number of people who posted the same sort of thing, I'd say you come across the same way to most of us, so what does that say about you or your posting style? So look at yourself first, Montana, before hitting out at those who know you better than FOW and maybe even yourself.

Oh, that was a mouth full. From where I'm sitting Mame, there are not that many of you who feel the same as you do. Maybe about Fount they do, but I'm finding that most here agree that I should have been given a little credit for knowing what I'm doing.
I look at myself every day Mame and this isn't about Fount. This is about how you've treated me. This isn't the first time and I'm tired of it. I didn't like being treated like a kid when I was a kid and I certainly don't appreciate it now.
All you or anyone here knows about me is what I've told you, so don't pretend that you know me. We don't hang out, email eachother, talk on the phone or anything other than what we write here, so no matter how long we've known eachother, you still don't know me. Obviously!

Mame wrote:
No hard feelings on my part but like I said, in future you might want to get a temporary email and do this in private.

Yeah, I heard you the first time, but see, I wasn't thinking that far ahead. I need to get to know someone much better before I do the email thing. It's safer that way. <wink>

Mame wrote:
And if you feel insulted, ask yourself why. You're the one who's in control of your feelings, not us. We're just commenting on your posts. How you feel about it is up to you. You can also choose to feel joyous because so many people care. It's up to you and how you choose to perceive things.

Laughing Sorry, I was too busy asking myself why I was being insulted by people who claim to care about me. Oh, so I can't be hurt if my friends insult me now? You were comment with insult Mame! Good god, why can't you see that?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 02:08 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

The preface to Please Understand Me" (Kiersey/Bates) (emphasis mine)

Quote:
DIFFERENT DRUMMERS
Excerpted from Please Understand Me II
David Kiersey

If I do not want what you want, please try not to tell me that my want is wrong.

Or if I believe other than you, at least pause before you correct my view.

Or if my emotion is less than yours, or more, given the same circumstances, try not to ask me to feel more strongly or weakly.

Or yet if I act, or fail to act, in the manner of your design for action, let me be.

I do not, for the moment at least, ask you to understand me. That will come only when you are willing to give up changing me into a copy of you.

I may be your spouse, your parent, your offspring, your friend, or your colleague. If you will allow me any of my own wants, or emotions, or beliefs, or actions, then you open yourself, so that some day these ways of mine might not seem so wrong, and might finally appear to you as right -- for me. To put up with me is the first step to understanding me. Not that you embrace my ways as right for you, but that you are no longer irritated or disappointed with me for my seeming waywardness. And in understanding me you might come to prize my differences from you, and, far from seeking to change me, preserve and even nurture those differences.

It has occurred to me that FOW might be a total nutcase or an emotional wreck or somebody with a real gift for pulling people's chains. If the latter, he is brilliant. Of course people can give us reason to be cautious--even extremely cautious--on the internet, but to presume that we know anybody's true thoughts, mindset, or motives here is silly at best.

It has occurred to me that Montana might be naive--a conclusion I haven't reached--but she also might have been playing FOW, might have been in a non-judgmental mode and doing some active listening, or might have genuinely wanted to draw out his more endearing side. For anybody to think they know her well enough to harshly judge her mindset or motives is also silly at best. And yes, the target might very well feel insulted.

I think we all might learn to be a bit better at this.

I'm going to copy and frame this Fox. Thank you Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 02:12 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

And what makes you think you have a bigger heart than others? Just because you bleed in public? Please, you don't know any of us any better than we know you so stop making these specious statements.

And you're not the only one with a shitty f*ng life so don't use that as an excuse. Time to grow up, Montana.

I didn't say I had a bigger heart than others. I said "I had a bigger heart than SOME"!
I know I don't know any of you any more than you know me and I never pretended too!
I also know I'm not the only one who has had a shitty ******* life and I don't use that as an excuse for anything, so I'm thinking it may be time for you to be growing up!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 02:24 am
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Quote:
Yes, I cried when he told the biker story, but as I explained several times, I was already upset about other things and that was just a trigger. I thought I cleared that up!!!
capable of being physically or emotionally wounded
2 : open to attack or damage : assailable <vulnerable to criticism>
3 : liable to increased penalties but entitled to increased bonuses after winning a game in contract bridge

This is what I said:

Quote:
I think you and your vulnerable emotions are still being toyed with.

I made a distinction between you and your emotions. You were being toyed with and your vulnerable emotions (the very same ones you expressed in your own words above) were still making you a target.

I made no attempt or intent to be insulting to you. I'm sorry you have decided to view it as such. I am not sorry for saying something about the maniputation that was going on. I am sorry I did not choose a set of words more to your liking to express my alert to you.

I know you were concerned, but I'm a grown woman who has been around the block enough times to know what I'm doing. It bugged me more that you came in the thread when I asked everyone to please not interfere, but I do understand Butrfly and I hate coming off as sounding like a bitch, but I need you all to understand that I'm a grown woman who likes to be treated like a grown woman.
Well, except when we're not being serious. Then I don't mind pretending to be a little girl. I thought we all had a little girl in us to let out whenever we wanna have fun.
Your posts were mild Butrfly and I honestly didn't take offense to yours. I'm sorry if you feel that my anger was directed towards you.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:02 am
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

No one has called anyone stupid, nieve ( niave? Nievevee? how to you spell that?) or anything like that.

Oh yes they did

shewolfnm wrote:
We just wonder why you give attention to those kinds of people.

I'm wondering why you're wondering why. I explained in a previous post as to why. He's different and I find him interesting, along with the other stuff I explained in earlier posts.

shewolfnm wrote:
This person, in a couple of days , with JUST POSTING has caused you to 1)cry, 2 ) be stressed , 3) be insulted , 4) be angry , 5) avoid internet, 6) have to demand privacy to speak to them , 7) embarassed you, 8) angered you, 9) insulted you, and the list can go ON AND ON..

He didn't do any of those things Wolf, but he did lie about the biker accident thing, which I confronted him on. I was already ready to explode into tears long before he posted the story, but he didn't know that. How could he?

shewolfnm wrote:
yet you keep entertaining them.

I'm not entertaining him, I'm entertaining myself. I think he's smart, funny and interesting.

shewolfnm wrote:
You say your life has been shitty..
why attract and entertain shitty people so that they can make blips like this in your life?

Again, I don't think he's a shitty person and I don't know why some are making such a big deal out of nothing. We were just talking on a public forum, or at least we were trying.

shewolfnm wrote:
There are enough of us out here who wont do that to you. Expending your energy above and beyond to entertain and talk to someone who does, in some odd hopes of " showing a side you see"..is...well.. odd I guess

Maybe to you, but it seems perfectly normal to me. I look around and I see others who like his writing as well.
I wanted you to see his writing when he's not being ganged up on, so you could see why I find him so interesting. He's a damn good writer and he's very smart. As I said in another post, we also connected in some of the political threads where we were both share the same compassion for the same people.
I know he made a few comments towards Americans, but he told everyone later that he was sorry for what he said, but obviously it was too late because there seems to be no forgiveness here.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:03 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

You didn't? Man, I'd sure hate to see what you might say to somebody when you were. But I accept that you believe that you did not.

My thoughts exactly, of course Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:04 am
@Ragman,
((((((Ragman)))))))
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:08 am
@JustBrooke,
Wish I had a beer (((((((((Brooke)))))))))
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:08 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Ragman was not criticizing anybody's concern for Montana. He was criticizing others' presumption of knowing what was best for Montana better than Montana knew for herself.

Yes, he was.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:36 am
@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:

MONTANA HAVE YOU NOT FIGURED IT OUT YET THAT FOW IS GUS AND HE IS HAVING A HELL OF A TIME WITH US ALL.

GUSTAVE. TALK TO ME

Hey, what are you talking about?
Sglass

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:40 am
@Montana,
whatever it is, it is not real
Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:41 am
No way! This can't be true! Talk to me Sglass!

0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:41 am
@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:

whatever it is, it is not real

What do you mean?
Sglass

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:44 am
@Montana,
smoke and glass baby, smoke and glass
Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:45 am
@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:

smoke and glass baby, smoke and glass

?
Sglass

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:46 am
@Montana,
Heathcliff, Heathcliff
Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:47 am
@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:

Heathcliff, Heathcliff

Oh Sglass, I'm lost.
Sglass

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:54 am
@Montana,
That is what everyone is trying to tell you.

And anyway, you are getting more attention than an attention whore and I am jealous. So there. Gustave Talk To Me.
Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:55 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

To Green Witch, no, I think he is just somebody who enjoys a different kind of activity and banter on A2K than most do.

For the record, Montana and I are almost at opposite poles politically and disagree on how best to deal with a large number of social issues. But she and I, at least in the past, could disagree on a concept without demeaning or belittling or patronizing or being condescending to each other. (It has been awhile since we crossed swords about anything in particular.)

At the risk of (presumably again) getting into my lecture mode, I think that is a concept we all could learn to do better.

Truth be told. Thanks again ((((((Fox))))))
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:57 am
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Quote:
I likes Fount's writing. We were in the political threads fighting together for peace and I liked talking with him. Now he's gone and I don't get to enjoy his writing any longer, nor will I have him standing beside me helping me fight for the lives of countless of innocent people.

I doubt he's gone. That's part of his game. He gets in a huff and says he's leaving, letting us decide if it is just for the night or for good. He came back after seeing that you were willing to play his game with him. He again did the big farewell and said he was leaving. Now that you've signaled you wish it to continue, he'll be back.

I don't think he's playing a game and neither am I, but if he is, I'll find out soon enough. That's if he comes back.
0 Replies