Gender Challenge: Am I a woman or a man?

Sglass

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:17 pm
@Francis,
Francis do you wear sexy undergarments?
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:19 pm
@Foxfyre,
Well, I think I know what you're talking about there fox.
Hmm. Sometimes I think what you term 'unkindness' is needed though to change someone's perceptions of themselves.
People were unkind to me somewhat when I first came here, but then, I am grateful to that since what I was posting was generally ridiculous and I needed to be able to express my ideas in a less subjective light.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:22 pm
@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:

Francis do you wear sexy undergarments?

Men don't need that, Seaglass, they have sex on their mind 24/7 and just
show up.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:24 pm
@Fountofwisdom,
Fountofwisdom wrote:

I accept that I did fly off the handle. however there was a lot of goading. Personally with some amateur psychology I'd say I was being too passive and so people felt they could victimise me. Of the postings I'd say most are intended to humiliate rather than entertain, which is where humour crosses into abuse.

Yes, I know, and I do understand. I also know that if you respond in kind to an unkindness, those who are unkind will criticize you for that too. Smile
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:24 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Wow! 377 posts and 3367 views in exactly 24 hours. Somebody is interested.

Exactly.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:28 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

But I do wonder why some members felt prompted to respond with unkind or insulting comments like this:

I think it's safe to assume that it's because of his/her comments towards Americans. Not just the Government, but the American people. I'd even be willing to make a bet on it.

I personally wish he/she hadn't of made such judgement on the American people because I agree very much on things he/she has to say, minus his/her feelings towards Americans.

I have been consistant with my feelings towards the American government and other governments, for that matter, but I never ever judge the people living under that government, which is most likely why I don't get my head ripped off in here. Well, except by a few who are extremely devoted to their government and they let me have it every time I head into the political arena Laughing

Anyway, the hostility here is simply from negative comments made about the American people. I think A2K consists of mostly Americans (I could be wrong), so obviously they are going to take offense. That's what people do.
Francis

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:30 pm
@Sglass,
Yeah, they are not plain white underwear...
Fountofwisdom

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:31 pm
@Intrepid,
Of course pointing this out could be considered ironically pedantic and sophomoric.
Fountofwisdom

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:36 pm
@parados,
I reversed the answers because I was touch typing. I felt they were full answers.
I am not Bi Polar bear, I can safely say I was not a typical teenage boy. I splash cologne. I spray scent.
I'm not sure want you are asking about flat tyres, they are a boring event, and I can't tell you any gripping stories about them.
Sglass

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:37 pm
@Francis,
Do you like solid colors or patterns? Boxer type or form fitting?
Foxfyre

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:40 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
The Pentacle Queen wrote:

Well, I think I know what you're talking about there fox.
Hmm. Sometimes I think what you term 'unkindness' is needed though to change someone's perceptions of themselves.
People were unkind to me somewhat when I first came here, but then, I am grateful to that since what I was posting was generally ridiculous and I needed to be able to express my ideas in a less subjective light.

Constructive criticism is not unkind when it is appropriate and warranted IF it is not expressed unkindly. (Compare Paul Abdul's criticisms to Simon Cowell's on American Idol. Simon's observations are frequently on point, but the effect is blunted when he is sometimes cruel in expressing them.) And nobody enjoys receiving unsolicited harsh criticism or that which is unrelated or unnnecessary to the discussion no matter how constructive. In fact I think such criticism is generally not intended to be constructive.

I am probably as close to being as much of an abstract and subjective thinker as you, though; therefore I haven't had problems with your theses from the beginning.

But yes, a lot of us have learned more effective ways of expressing ourselves after a time and we adapt to the social norm established. The unkind will regularly remember and bring up past 'offenses', real or perceived, to diminish the present, and I think that unkind, unnecessary, and toxic. And I also think it toxic to draw negative assumptions about people ONLY because they express themselves differently, or perceive things differently, than we deem appropriate.

And, aside from even the direct and obvious insults, it was mostly in that regard that I thought people were inappropriately piling on to FOW and were being unkind.

All this would make an interesting discussion I think. Would you be interested in starting a thread? I would be interested.
Francis

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:41 pm
@Sglass,
Sglass, dear, this thread is not about me or my underwear.

I'd be pleased to answer your questions on another thread.

Here, I would like some answers to my questions, as FOW promised to to so on opening this thread...
Izzie

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:43 pm
@Francis,
<Sglass....... start a thread gal .... will MsrF reveal all about his lingerie! Razz >
Fountofwisdom

@Francis,
Unfair question. I don't talk dirty for less than 30 dollars. But for the right person or as part of a loving relationship I am willing to drop my prices. Maybe everything.
The Pentacle Queen

@Izzie,
Post it on set's new thread.
0 Replies

georgeob1

@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:

Do you like solid colors or patterns? Boxer type or form fitting?

Laughing

Sglass is a troublemaker - I knew that the moment I met her !
Foxfyre

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:44 pm
@Montana,
Probably an astute observation, Montana, though I can't remember a time that YOU have been intentionally unkind to anybody here. Smile

Honestly, I must have missed any anti-American comments from FOW, though I certainly don't read every post on A2K or even on most threads. I don't read any post in some threads. I didn't see anti-Americanism implied in any of the negative comments that I posted however, but who knows what anybody's true motives are about anything?
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:45 pm
@georgeob1,
Hahah, I guess that's what MerryAndrew likes in her!
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:45 pm
@Francis,
You are correct my friend. Just being my usual irrelevent self.
0 Replies

Fountofwisdom

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:46 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
I didn't find that abusive, but probably I have high expectations of you.
0 Replies