Fossil evidence of humans and dinosaurs together

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 07:49 am
First third or so of youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlaXHi3yPwQ&NR=1

This sort of thing is generally more meaningful to Christians and other non-evolosers who might wonder if any really solid evidence exists for the claims of a recent age for dinosaurs.

Evolosers generally won't buy it because they don't WANT to buy it and will ask:

Quote:
Where can I read about it in a "refereed journal(TM)"?

That leaves the researchers involved with the choice of handing the stuff over to the Smithsonian and taking bets on how long it takes those dickheads to disappear it, or simply keeping it for posterity or possibly turning it over to the new AIG museum in Kentucky.

In other words, we seem to be entering the age of identity politics and identity realities in which what we believe is determined by who we are rather than by evidence, and we could be headed towards something like the future described in H.G. Wells "Time Machine" in which mankind splits into two groups first ideologically and ultimately, genetically.

ASSUMING that to be the case, I would want to be on the side whose vision of reality was determined the most by evidence.

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:06 am
What's next, Gunga. Something out of National Enquirer?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:07 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
Evolosers generally won't buy it because they don't WANT to buy it and will ask:

Quote:
Where can I read about it in a "refereed journal(TM)"?

Or what some people call a reputable source. And of course, a very NECESSARY requirement for any information.

Otherwise what we see is a video of a hollywood actor repeatedly telling us how "highly speculative" all the information in his video is, while citing examples of known bogus information (the Paluxy footprints).

Quote:
The Paluxy River became famous for controversy in the early 1930s when locals found dinosaur and supposed human footprints in the same rock layer in the Glen Rose Formation. However, these anachronistic "human" footprints have been determined to be mistaken interpretation and even some outright fakes[1]. The family of the original man, George Adams, who made the claims, later admitted it was a hoax.[1] "My grandfather was a very good sculptor," said Zana Douglas, from the Adams family who found many of Glen Rose’s real dinosaur tracks.[1] She explained that in the 1930s and the Depression, Glen Rose residents made money by making moonshine and selling dinosaur fossils.[1] The fossils were bought for $15 to $30 and when the supply ran low, George Adams, Zana's grandfather, "just carved more, some with human footprints thrown in."[1]

Here's a general rule: If the bulk of the evidence for your video is based on lies, misrepresentations, hoaxes and deception, then the rest of your video is highly suspect.
0 Replies

Fountofwisdom

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 09:46 am
Its true: I've watched the flintstones.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 10:47 am
@Fountofwisdom,
Quote:
Its true: I've watched the flintstones.

Now that, Fount, I really liked!!!! ;-}
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 11:20 am
Graphic evidence supporting the thesis of this thread!

http://mulibraries.missouri.edu/specialcollections/images/hamlinii1.jpg

"It must be true, i seen it ina newspaper!"
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 02:43 pm
I dont fuggin believe it, Hes bringing up the Paluxy River footprintsAGAIN?
rosborne979

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 02:48 pm
@farmerman,
Repetition is all he's got.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 05:45 pm
There is more proof. The Flintstones and Dinosaurs obviously lived together at the same time and they even kept Dino as a pet. Of course, the Flintstones never went to church as this was the era before Christ. Sadly, the entire city of Bedrock was wiped out in the Biblical flood. Still, there is evidence Fred and Wilma survived the flood with the help of the Rubbles and their strong boy Bam Bam.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:35 pm
Would you believe that I had a $100 bet down that none of you sorry fuckers would have anything intelligent or meaningful to say on this one and you guys have come through for me?
rosborne979

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:48 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Would you believe...

No. Don't you get it yet, we don't believe anything you say, least of all that you got some idiot to trust your judgement on what is "meaningful and intelligent" with $100 bucks on the line. I can't believe anyone's that stupid.

But keep spewing the snake oil, it's very entertaining.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:55 pm
Wait . . . wait . . . here, i'll post something meaningful . . . or at least as meaningful as anything Gunga posts . . .

There's a man in the funny papers we all know
(Alley-Oop, oop, oop, oop-oop)
He lives 'way back a long time ago
He don't eat nothin' but a bear cat stew
Well, this cat's name is-a Alley-Oop

He got a chauffeur that's a genuwine dinosawruh
And he can knuckle your head before you count to fawruh

He got a big ugly club and a head fulla hairuh
Like great big lions and grizzly bearuhs
(Alley-Oop) He's the toughest man there is alive
(Alley-Oop) Wearin' clothes from a wildcat's hide
(Alley-Oop) He's the king of the jungle jive
(Look at that cave man go!!)

(The Hollywood Argyles and Dallas Frazier)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 06:40 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Would you believe that I had a $100 bet down that none of you sorry fuckers would have anything intelligent or meaningful to say on this one and you guys have come through for me?

Did you expect that someone would give an intelligent answer to your idiotic question?

The two hillwilliams that were responsible for "etching" out the dino tracks so that they would look like human footprints is a funny story in itself. The Creation Research Institute had been following this whole story in the late 1980's when , descendents of the original two goobers were discovered carving more toe prints into the river bed. The Creationists soon dropped this Paluxy crap from their entire bag of ****. APparently gunga didnt get the memo. Im amazed that the late Charlton Heston was dug up to promote the lie.

Welcome to the world of the 1980's gunga.
farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 06:43 am
Thats why I calls em Cretinists.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 09:40 am
@farmerman,
In the video, which you clearly did not watch, scholars removed layers of stone and found more such human prints.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 09:46 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
In the video, which you clearly did not watch, scholars removed layers of stone and found more such human prints.

Yeah, Farmerman...it was on television in living color. So how can you doubt it? And it was Charlton Heston! What better, more impartial authority could you hope for?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 11:34 am
Charlton Heston is God, right? Or is it God's Boss?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 12:38 pm
@gungasnake,
I watchd the whole thing and was amazed at how guys could get advanced degrees in subjects and still remain idiots. The "power "excavation of the rock is particularly bullshit because they were not very careful in working their way down section and just happened to"hit" a specimen with clear toe marks. The pressure from a footprint , wherein we can see the calcite ridges is a hoax because the calcite (being a secondary mmineral in stratigraphic sections) would have to come after the footy print (ITS A FACT< LOOK IT UP GUNGA). Anyone who argues otherwise is ignorant of structural geology principals. Im sure that the excavators did an excellent job of mold and cast to enhance this feature and I think they just forgot the way it would work. The marl pieces or sand grains arent compressed and theres quite a bit about the print itself that looks phony. Its an artistic creation rather than an ischnofossil.
Those little balls are quite common in formations that adjoin volcanic ash falls. They resemble what we call cenospheres (l;ittle balls with indented beltlines that are found in the stack gases of power plants and fill up ash lagoons with little floating belt lined balls of gas and silica. Very nifty but no supernatural explanations needed.

BTW, the Java man as poo pooed in Charley Hestons infomercial, was followed up by several other (8 morein all) fossil Java Ape/men from a site in the town of Sanjiran north of Dubois site and sveral decades later. Following that were the later AUstralopithecene finds from Olduvai and LAetoli in the great Rift in AFrica.
SCience is quick to share its data and specimens for inspection and study . The Creationists eschew careful inspection and only wish to produce these infomercials and movies like Ben Steins crap.

ANything you can present gunga, has already been debunked.(Well before Charleton Heston died)
farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 12:43 pm
@farmerman,
http://paleo.cc/paluxy/hammer.htm

GUNGA forgot the incredible fossil miners hammer found in the similar formation. This proves that workmen were doing some mining work while dinosaurs were scurrying about them.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 07:26 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
The two hillwilliams that were responsible for "etching" out the dino tracks so that they would look like human footprints is a funny story in itself. The Creation Research Institute had been following this whole story in the late 1980's when , descendents of the original two goobers were discovered carving more toe prints into the river bed. ...

You should really try watching the video. There are no "goobers" involved in any way. There are two possibilities: either you have real, solid evidence of dinosaurs and humans living at the same time, or you have Carl Baugh and Don Patten, both people with serious professional credentials, attempting to promulgate a transparent fraud on the public and destroy their own careers in the process.