Old Coelacanth, so unrevised
It doesn't know it's obsolete.
- Ogden Nash
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 06:50 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
IPSEDIXITISM__ "One of its meanings in present usage, is the tendency for self reference in technical literature as a call to authority"

Like dating fossils by rock strata and then dating other rock strata a half mile over by the fossils they contain?
rosborne979

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 02:06 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
IPSEDIXITISM__ "One of its meanings in present usage, is the tendency for self reference in technical literature as a call to authority"

Like dating fossils by rock strata and then dating other rock strata a half mile over by the fossils they contain?

No, that's totally different than a "call to authority".

The example you gave uses one scientific fact as a corroborating element for another scientific fact. I'm not sure what the technical term for it is, maybe "cross disciplinary corroboration" or something. The key point being that they are both well established FACTS already. Duh.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 06:32 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:

Thats circular reasoning and is never done. Thats a Creationist bullshit statement made to their minions of ignorantii.

Correlation is the demonstration of correspondence in character and stratigraphic position between GEOGRAPHICALLY SEPARATED bodies of sedimentary rocks.(ISSC 1994). Correlation always is achieved by two or moe independent means of cross verification to determine correspondence in age and chronostratigraphic position (ISG 1976).

Ive heard Duane Gish once state that same mantra that gunga stated and he had his **** handed to him by some student merely quoting the same rules of the science. Duane was a physicist and was totally ignorant of the rules of what he was attempting to discredit.
PEople who do these things for a living (academic and applied science geos) arent that stupid as to date the fossils by the stratigraphy and then circularly date an adjacent stratigraphy by the fossils . The fossils and the stratigraphy would have to have been established by one of about 15 separate chrono determination means before any "circularity shortcut " is attempted.

The YEC and OEC arguments against geo science (such as that one offered by gunga) are relatively few and all are quite lame.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 04:01 pm
@gungasnake,
Gosh, I stand corrected. Heres some statues mae by "Ancients"

[url] http://www.bible.ca/tracks/tracks-acambaro-dinos.htm[/url]
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 04:49 pm
Your link doesn't work, boss. Here, let me try . . .

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/tracks-acambaro-dinos.htm

I accuse you of havin' too much fun, Boss . . .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 05:41 pm
Thanks. I think I might have hit urls twice and got a url within a Url.
HOWSOMEVER, I am in awe at the statuettes of the dinosaurs that our ancient MExican brethern had made. (No doubt to put on the dashboards of their cars).

Ive got lots of free time over the next week and I want to see how many of these Creation sites that show proof of dino/human cohabitation.
Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 06:08 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
. . . that show proof of dino/human cohabitation.

Cohabitation without benefit of clergy, one must assume. Oh, the tragedy for the children . . .
spendius

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 06:13 pm
@Setanta,
The children in the clergy-free world look a bit tragic to me Set. Which clergy-free world are you asking us to emulate?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 06:20 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Thanks. I think I might have hit urls twice and got a url within a Url. HOWSOMEVER, I am in awe at the statuettes of the dinosaurs that our ancient MExican brethern had made. (No doubt to put on the dashboards of their cars).

I like how some of them have five little "fingers" etched into the clay.

But what's really intriguing is the ones with only two legs and no other appendages. Apparently a whole new phylum we've never seen before?

Just how would such a creature have evolved. It would have had to branch off the animal line before the fishes, and then evolved alongside the fish and emerged onto land along with the first amphibians.

Or it could have started out as a terrestrial animal with four limbs and then lost the two front limbs (only), similar to snake evolution.

Unfortunately they must have been boneless because they didn't leave even a single fossil.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 06:26 pm
Boneless dinos? I would think the evolutionary path would have been similar to that which has resulted in the boneless chicken breast.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 09:08 pm
Sauropodia mcnuggets
0 Replies