Fossil evidence of humans and dinosaurs together

Setanta

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 08:21 am
The only problem with that fantasy is that clowns of that caliber have very carefully calculated and come to the conclusion that they get more press and more money by pandering to brain dead religious adherents who want desperately to believe horseshit like that . . . such as . . . hmmmm . . . there's a name right on the tip of my tongue . . .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 08:33 am
Heres a website compiled by a student several years ago on the Glen Rose sites and the various "footpri nts of giant men"http://www.paleo.cc/paluxy/paluxy.htm
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 08:37 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
You should really try watching the video. There are no "goobers" involved in any way. There are two possibilities: either you have real, solid evidence of dinosaurs and humans living at the same time, or you have Carl Baugh and Don Patten, both people with serious professional credentials,

I did watch the video gunga, goobers can have a GED or a PhD , makes no matter. When someone is purposely deceitful and dishonest to curry favor with a limited constituency, they are, in my mind, real goobers.

Visit the Kuban site I posted and your "heroes" are discussed a bit .Go down the site to the pic of the carved footp[rint. Hate ta bust your balloons but you bring this **** up.
farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 11:29 am
@farmerman,
A piece from Apologetics Press site entitled WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE FOR COEXISTENCE OF HUMANS AND DINOSAURS? by Lyons and Thompson
Quote:
Furthermore, it may very well be the case that these bones have been discovered together in times past, but for at least two reasons, were not reported. First, someone who might have found these bones in a quarry, could react by saying, “Hey look guys, it’s a bunch of old bones. But quick, pass me another stick of dynamite so we can get the next ton of coal out of here.” The proof that men and dinosaurs were fossilized together may have gone up in smoke years ago. Second, it may be possible that human bones have been found by scientists alongside dinosaur fossils, yet simply have not been reported widely. By saying this, we do not mean to accuse evolutionary researchers of dishonesty. Rather, we simply believe they are afflicted with presuppositions that have affected their judgment. It is evolutionary geologists and paleontologists who are doing most of the research in this area. If they did happen upon human fossils and dinosaur fossils in the same strata, is it not possible that they would think to themselves, “Oh, these human fossils are an anomaly; they cannot have actually existed in this time period because evolution is true”? If evolutionists can “confuse” a dolphin’s rib for a human collarbone (Anderson, 1983, p. 199), or an extinct pig’s tooth for a human tooth (e.g., Nebraska Man; see Harrub and Thompson, 2003, pp. 88-89), then similar mistakes could easily be made concerning human and dinosaur fossils. If one ever has been found with another, scientists could have misinterpreted the “anomaly.” Because (from an evolutionary perspective) human fossils “shouldn’t be where they are,” they might very well not get reported as being where they are!

Heres the type of honesty weve been given to expect from the Creation crowd.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 11:32 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
The two hillwilliams that were responsible for "etching" out the dino tracks so that they would look like human footprints is a funny story in itself. The Creation Research Institute had been following this whole story in the late 1980's when , descendents of the original two goobers were discovered carving more toe prints into the river bed. ...

You should really try watching the video. There are no "goobers" involved in any way. There are two possibilities: either you have real, solid evidence of dinosaurs and humans living at the same time, or you have Carl Baugh and Don Patten, both people with serious professional credentials, attempting to promulgate a transparent fraud on the public and destroy their own careers in the process.

Destroy their own careers? How dense of you. They are merely switching careers. There will always be a plenitude of morons such as yourself eager to support anyone who tells them that the Evil Liberals have been lying about the way things were.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 08:07 pm
@gungasnake,
Found Carl Baugh's "Credentials" as a serious scholar with a career path to protect
Quote:
NCSE Reports Vol 9, No. 6, Nov-Dec. 1989.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texas "man track" enthusiast Carl E. Baugh claims to have "degrees in theology" as well as advanced degrees in science. Baugh's "man track" claims have been evaluated and refuted on the basis of the physical evidence alone[1,2], but an examination of his claimed credentials is warranted as well, since by claiming them, Baugh has linked their validity to his scientific credibility and integrity. The issue not is whether Baugh should have a particular degree, but whether the claimed degrees are legitimate and have been represented accurately.

Although questions have been raised before about Baugh's science degrees[3] even Baugh's claimed theology degrees appear somewhat overstated. The theology degree most frequently claimed by Baugh is a "Doctor of Philosophy in Theology from the California Graduate School of Theology."[4] Baugh described this as an "earned degree" (implying normal course work and graduation); however, attempts to verify the degree from CGST have been unsuccessful,[5] and a former close associate of Baugh's stated that the degree was "not real, but honorary."[6] In any case, the school is not accredited by any national or regional accrediting agency,[7] and evidently has little standing in the academic community (it is not even listed in standard college and graduate school directories).[8]

A December 1986 "vita" by Baugh did not mention the degree from CGST, but did list "1959, Bachelor of Arts, Burton College" and "1983, Master of Arts, Luther Rice in Conjunction with Pacific College of Graduate Studies."[9] I have not been able to verify the existence of Burton College. Luther Rice is an unaccredited seminary in Jacksonville, Florida. A representative from Luther Rice indicated that Baugh graduated in 1984 with an M.A. in "Biblical archaeology...through our Australian extension ...since we don't a degree in that."[10] However, the "Australian extension" appears questionable at best, and is related to Baugh's science degrees as well (explained below).

The specific science degrees claimed by Baugh (or attributed to him) have varied somewhat from account to account[11,12,13,14]. In recent years Baugh has claimed a "Masters Degree in Archaeology from Pacific College" and a "Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Anthropology from College of Advanced Education."[15]

Baugh gave the location of the College of Advanced Education (CAE) as Irving, Texas; however, the Chamber of Commerce, and Department of Taxation, and phone directory in Irving have no record of the school.[16] When pressed by an assistant for the address of CAE, Baugh gave it as "2355 West Pioneer, Irving, TX, 75061" and indicated that its dean was Dr. Don Davis.[17]. The address appears on a small house in Irving, located next to Sherwood Baptist Church, whose pastor is Rev. Don Davis. Davis indicated that CAE is a "missions" school, with no science classes or facilities.[18] The school is not accredited by any national or regional agency, nor certified by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (which must be obtained to legally grant degrees in Texas). In fact, none of the educational organizations that I contacted had ever heard of the school.[19]

Rev. Davis explained that Baugh's anthropology degree was granted "through" CAE, "under the auspices of Clifford Wilson in Australia."[20] However, the reason for this curious arrangement was not explained, and the connection to Wilson only further undermines the validity of the degree.

A copy of Baugh's CAE "diploma" (furnished by Baugh) indicates that CAE is the "Graduate
farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 08:17 pm
@farmerman,
ditto don patten. He claims a PhD and MAYBE, has an MA.
Quote:
Joel and Dawn Duff wrote:
>
> There was a recent discussion of Donald Patton's claims about the
> destruction of footprints at Paluxy. At the time I had actually been
> researching some of his articles on the Biblical ice age. In searchng the
> web I found a paper of his
> which was a debate on the site of Noah's Ark. At the end of this paper is a
> short biography I presume written by Patton himself
> (http://www.eskimo.com/~dwpatten/DEBATE.html). It reads as follows:
>
> Donald W. Patten was born in Conrad, Montana, and
> has a B.A. degree in geography from the Univ. of
> Washington (l952) and aM.A. degree from the same
> institution (1962). He is the author of The Biblical
> Flood and the Ice Epoch 1966), The Long Day of
> Joshua (1973), and Catastrophism and the Old
> Testament (1988). With Windsor, he is the co-author
> of The Recent Organization of the Solar System (1995)
> and The Last of the Mars-Earth Wars (1997). Projected
> for 1998 is their The Flood of Noah. In addition, Windsor
> and Patten have written over ten published essays on Earth
> history.
>
> I don't see that he has a Ph.D. nor does it even indicate what field his
> M.A. is in. But on his site about the Paluxy and other tracks
> (http://www.bible.ca/tracks.htm) he is listed as:
>
> Geologist, Dr. Don Patton, Ph. D.
>
> Ask the Creation Scientist Ask Geologist, Dr. Don Patton,
> Ph. D. Your science question. He is a
> young earth creation scientist!
>
> Now, I realize he is not directly responsible for all the content on this
> page although I got the impression he wrote some of the descriptions for the
> photographs. I haven't been able to find if Patten has a Ph.D. or not. I
> sent an e-mail to the creation scientist pointing out this seeming
> contradiciton but I haven't heard anything yet. Maybe some one out there
> knows more about Patton's background. Actually I am even confused as to the
> spelling of his name since it is consistently spelled Patten in the Noah
> article even in the biography and web address so either he misspelled his
> own name or someone else wrote this for him!!
>

Gunga, admit it, you have no idea about anything you speak. You cant even support the credentials of your sources so you make up **** that they have "serious credentials" and careers to protect. You are a trip, besides being a fraudulent teller of tales..
rosborne979

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 12:27 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Gunga, admit it, you have no idea about anything you speak. You cant even support the credentials of your sources so you make up **** that they have "serious credentials" and careers to protect. You are a trip, besides being a fraudulent teller of tales..

Bub but but, he has lots of [whacko] web sites to support his theories. Obviously this is a conspiracy among scientists to promote evolution in order to perpetuate their lucrative careers. Surprisingly the bogus science they follow is actually improving medical, genetic and farming technology as it goes. All part of the conspiracy of course.
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:17 pm
@rosborne979,
That "improving medical science and farming" would have happened anyway because its in the bible. Dont gimme that evolutionist claptrap.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 10:58 pm
@farmerman,
Some reason I'm not seeing anything from you on the thread about Gunnar Heinsohn and the demographic pyramid theory??

http://able2know.org/topic/127866-1

Heinsohn of course amongst his many talents is one of Europe's best archaeologists and a colleague of Emmit Sweeny's, i.e. one of the people proposing the shortest possible reconstructed chronology for the med basin and Egypt. He is the person claiming the basic equation of the new Assyrians with the classical Persians known in Greek history.

That would of course make him a goober in your scheme of things, wouldn't it?
farmerman

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 12:46 am
@gungasnake,
Now youre scaring me gunga. Im going to bed , I suggest you do likewise. Get some rest.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 01:02 am
How could a guy with a name like Gunnar Heinsohn POSSIBLY be a goober? He may. however, have goober ideas.
farmerman

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 06:55 am
@NickFun,
I never heard of the guy before. SO I looked him up. even the Wikipedia insert had all sorts of disclaimers about him, so I wont spend too much looking into his POV. I did see that he bases a lot of his theories on a Vellikovskian "Model". I love that.

Sort of like, if I were critiqued thus:"FArmerman, based his entire view of geology on a "LArry the CAble Guy Model"
djjd62

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 07:00 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
FArmerman, based his entire view of geology on a "LArry the CAble Guy Model

finally we know the truth
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 07:28 am
The video shows (a number of) people digging under under layers of limestone and turning up human footprints in Glen Rose, a known dinosaur fossil area. That is clearly fatal to the time frames needed by evolosers.

Funny that f-man doesn't really even try to offer any sort of a rational argument here. I mean, if you're really going to try to do science the way demokkkrats do politics, i.e. by personal destruction, then it shouldn't be that hard to interview some of the extras in the video and get the scoop on how they were paid by the promulgators of the vicious fraud in question and, in fact, there would be a near 100% shot it had already be done and all f-man should need do is find that interview on google and lead us to it.

Then again there's the case of the lady (Schweitzer) at NC State University who turned up the soft tissue in the trex bone a couple of years back:

http://news.ncsu.edu/releases/2007/april/065.html

http://news.ncsu.edu/releases/2007/april/images/schweitzer2.jpg

Plainly didn't attend the same school(s) f-man did, that has to make her a whore, right f-man?? I mean, she LOOKS like a whore (or at least f-man would almost certainly have to pay her for it), right??

Quote:
When minerals are removed from modern bone, a collagen matrix " fibrous, resilient material that gives the bone its structure and flexibility " is left behind. When Schweitzer demineralized the T. rex bone, she was surprised to find such a matrix, because current theories of fossilization held that no original organic material could survive that long.

Or the original Amerind artist who painted the image of the stegosaur on the canyon wall at Lake Superior:

http://www.nlmotel.com/images/pictograph.jpg

That guy had to be a fraudulent goober too, right?? Probably too many magic mushrooms...

High Seas

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 08:20 am
@gungasnake,
Gunga - you and others here will be interested in this special issue of The Lancet:
http://mag.digitalpc.co.uk/fvx/lancet/darwinsgifts/
gungasnake

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 08:51 am
@High Seas,
Chuck Darwin's main "gifts" to the world were naziism, communism, eugenics, and two world wars.
Setanta

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 11:46 am
Gunga Dim has absolutely no shame. He's been shot down on the "stegosaur" claim time and again, but won't admit it. Of course, it's also an insult to human intelligence, in that it implies that people don't have imaginations which they express artistically.

Here is an artist's rendering of a stegosaur based on the fossil evidence (of course, no one can know what the colors were).

http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/dinosaurs/images/exhibit/gallery/lg/5.4a_stegosaur.jpg

Compare that to the image Gunga Dim has provided, and it is clear that they don't resemble one another. Furthermore, the Agawa rock pictograph is a representation of a demon believed in by the Indians of the region, Mishipishu, and they described it as covered with fur--hardly a description of a dinosaur. Note also the huge size of the head, a drastic contrast to the tiny head of the stegosaur, which also did not have horns on its head. Finally, the Ojibway painted these images, as recently as 200 years ago, and no earlier than 500 years ago. So is Gunga Dim expecting us to believe that dinosaurs walked the earth within the last 500 years?
Setanta

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 11:57 am
By the way, Mishipishu, or Missipisiw, was an icon of the Algonquian people, not just the Ojibway, and was described as an "underwater panther." Hardly a description of a stegosaur. Don't buy any bridges, Gunga.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 12:16 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Chuck Darwin's main "gifts" to the world were naziism, communism, eugenics, and two world wars.

When one can post their beliefs in a convenient bumper sticker, they oughta at least get it right. SOunds like gunga flunked biology in HS or college.
0 Replies