The Heart Attack Grill - It's for Real!!!!

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 08:52 pm
Two questions:
1) Should this be legal?
2) Are you the least bit tempted?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 11 • Views: 3,483 • Replies: 22
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 09:01 pm
@Foxfyre,
I once saw this place profiled on a morning news show before I had had breakfast. It made me crave oatmeal. I don't mind meat and fat, but this food was just a lot of gooey calories with a corn syrup chaser. The naughty nurse waitress outfits were also not my cup of tea.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 09:02 pm
Nothing illegal about it.
Its food.
People make their own decisions and should not be banned from doing so because of calorie content..

but...

jeeeeesus christ.

People really eat that stuff? Gross.

( but yes. Im tempted. I want at those fries!)
OGIONIK

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 09:48 pm
@shewolfnm,
the only thing tempting about that place is the hot waitresses and the spot above their unmentionable area, omg so hot, especially the one explaining the single double triple and quadruple bypasses..
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 10:40 pm
I had a heart attack just watching this.

Tiny nurse costumes...
K
O
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 10:46 pm
Can't be any worse than whale blubber.
Montana

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 01:33 am
Laughing

0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 10:30 am
I did cringe when they panned across the young girl in the restaurant. What responsible parent exposes their kids to this kind of food or this kind of environment for that matter?

But I'll have to admit that every once in awhile--once in a blue moon--you just want to throw the rules out the window and have a whole banana split with all the trimmings or chow down on a big juicy T-bone with a baked potato and sour cream. Maybe it's that kind of indulgence this place caters to.

I do shudder to think they might have a regular clientele, however.

(Of course I would prefer smoking hot guy servers instead of the scantily clad waitresses, but that's just me.)
shewolfnm

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 10:48 am
@Foxfyre,
Oh noooooo honey.

Its not just you Wink
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 11:13 am
@dadpad,
People who eat whale blubber where healthy until they started eating McAmerican foods.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 11:29 am
What? No diet Coke? fahgetaboutit!
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 11:30 am
@JPB,
When in highschool, my daughter worked as a busser in a Village Inn a couple of blocks from the house. She used to giggle at the customers who came in and ordered a Diet Coke Float. Smile
chai2

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 11:46 am
That **** doesn't even look like it tastes good.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 11:57 am
Yep. I'm tempted. I love cheeseburgers!
OGIONIK

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 12:00 pm
@boomerang,
they put lard on the bun, why?
boomerang

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 12:07 pm
@OGIONIK,
Probably to toast it. Most places put butter on them and set them on the grill to toast the bun.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 06:20 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

When in highschool, my daughter worked as a busser in a Village Inn a couple of blocks from the house. She used to giggle at the customers who came in and ordered a Diet Coke Float. Smile

I get that, but sometimes there's logic behind it.

I don't like regular coke, or regular any kind of soda. Too sweet and makes me thirsty.

However, it's not just the taste. If I decided to splurge on something, I figure that's no reason to completely go to hell. If I wanted a float, I want it for the ice cream (which, as everyone here knows, makes me fart, so I really don't want it) taste mixed in, not to take the attitude to purposely make it as "bad" as possible.

0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 06:29 pm
@OGIONIK,
OGIONIK wrote:

they put lard on the bun, why?

lard..
man oh man.
That stuff is awesome... if it is REAL lard.
Sadly, finding that is hard.
The stuff they sell in the stores now and call lard is nothing more then vegetable oil + other junk.

Lard. Rendered pig fat..

DE-VIIIIIIINE to cook with.
Green Witch

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 06:38 pm
@shewolfnm,
Lard makes the best fried chicken and laundry soap.

Shewolf, Ask your local butcher. Even a supermarket butcher should have some stashed away somewhere. Real southern cooks can't function without it.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:48 pm
http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/Burger-INPOST.JPG
Quote:
..the 15-pound burger along with 5 pounds of toppings in four hours and 39 minutes. For his efforts the 5-foot-11, 180-pound received $400, three T-shirts, a certificate and what the owner of Denny's Beer Barrel Pub calls 'a burger hangover.

"Sciullo is the first person to ever successfully eat this outlandishly huge burger within the 5-hour time limit. The colossal cheeseburger was dressed with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, onions, mild banana peppers and a cup each of mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard and relish"

15 pounds of meat! That's 7kgs and a quarter of the annual per capita consumption of meat in the developing world*. ******* gutz!

*that translates to an intake of 30-31 kgs of meat per year. FAO states that this is still 2-3 kgs less than the amount required to effectively combat malnutrition and under-nourishment
0 Replies