Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

izzythepush

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 01:15 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Do I detect fear from some people in this forum who dare not face facts?

No you detect contempt from people who have no time for loudmouthed morons.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 04:16 am
'Princesses of the wall' united against Israeli occupation
Quote:
The Israeli women of Machsom Watch have won respect and criticism for monitoring checkpoints. There's one thing the activists agree on: Israel's occupation is damaging and must come to an end.
[...]
The women have fans and foes - some refer to them as the "princesses of the wall" for the work they do to help Palestinians, while others see them as anti-Israeli and an obstruction.
[...]
The women of Machsom Watch oppose the occupation and the separation wall.
"There is no real claim against the fact that it's occupied territory," says Piterman. "It's occupied territory and we are against it. The way we have to demonstrate against it is to come to the checkpoint and stand here."

She would not say what pushed her into the rare position as a Jewish Israeli woman supporting Palestinian people, but admitted she was initially reluctant to get involved with the all-women group.

"I saw an all-women group as a kind of discrimination," she says. "At some point I started going to the checkpoints and I found that in some ways we exploit the fact that we are women. Men become very violent in these situations, and the soldiers see that we are grandmothers, so they behave differently towards us, to the people themselves."
[...]
Retired Orthodox Jew Daniela Yoel remembers exactly what propelled her into activism with Machsom Watch: The story of a highly pregnant Palestinian woman who needed to get through a checkpoint to get to a hospital and give birth to twins.
... ... ...
oralloy

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 04:55 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Anyway, let's not get too side-tracked with little suitcase nukes, sure they can hurt, but our enemies dream of getting their hands on PROPER big hoo-boy nuke bombs!

"Dream" is all they will ever be able to do.

Romeo Fabulini wrote:
They don't even need a complicated ballistic missile to deliver it; they could simply load it onto a merchant ship or sub, then sail to within a few miles of a coastal city and deposit it on the seabed with a time fuse and skedaddle.
The blast, tsunami and radioactivity would mess up the city real bad-

No one in the city would even notice.

It would kill a lot of fish though. They would notice all the dead fish.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 04:56 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
And Hitler was developing an atom bomb.

No he wasn't. German scientists mistakenly believed that A-bombs were not possible.

Romeo Fabulini wrote:
There's a paralell nowadays as the Muslim world rants against America,

We are aware of the Islamic menace. And we routinely dronestrike problematic individuals and groups.
oralloy

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 04:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:

These sorts of freaks are generally known as "self-hating Jews".

Let the Palestinians flood in to massacre their families, and those goofy women might develop a sudden appreciation for keeping the Palestinians walled off from Israel.

Quote:
"There is no real claim against the fact that it's occupied territory," says Piterman.

"Yes there is," says Oralloy.

The occupation ended back in the 1990s, back when people foolishly believed that the Palestinians were interested in making peace.

Palestinian areas have been self-governed for some years now.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 05:20 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
German scientists mistakenly believed that A-bombs were not possible.
No, they didn't. But they were more sceptical about the time, when they able to do it than Goebbels or the Americans.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 05:21 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Quote:

These sorts of freaks are generally known as "self-hating Jews".
No. At least not in Israel.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 05:23 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Quote:
"There is no real claim against the fact that it's occupied territory," says Piterman.

You can address them with your opinion here
Romeo Fabulini

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 07:16 am
Cicerone Imposter wrote:
Quote:
Having a long-distance bomber was of no use when they didn't have the weapon

Even a load of ordinary bombs could have made a mess of a city.
The nazis already had airliners like this one below capable of hitting New York-
"On August 10-11, 1938, Focke-Wulf 200 Condor D-ACON 'Brandenburg' (below) made a record-breaking nonstop flight across the Atlantic from Berlin to Floyd Bennett field in Brooklyn, New York.
The 4,075 miles flight (6,437 km) took 24 hours and 57 minutes against strong headwinds, at an average speed of 164 MPH (263 km/h). The return flight to Germany took 19 hours and 47 minutes at an average speed of 205 MPH (330 km/h) on August 13, 1938"

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Photos%20Two/CondorNY.jpg
Romeo Fabulini

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 07:24 am
Oralloy wrote:
Quote:
We are aware of the Islamic menace. And we routinely dronestrike problematic individuals and groups

Good for you mate, I'm glad there's somebody around here who appreciates the Islamist menace..Smile
Some other posters seem to be softies, they're the sort who used to say before 9/11 "No need to keep the doors to airliner cockpits locked, terrorists will never try to take over our airliners"
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 07:34 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Quote:

You can address them with your opinion here

That the occupation ended in the mid 1990s is a fact, not an opinion.

Or did you mean my opinion that they are goofy?

It looks like the website is in some sort of foreign language. Plus, I'm not sure there would be much point in me telling them that I think they are goofy.

Probably more trouble than it is worth.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 09:40 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
It looks like the website is in some sort of foreign language.
Hebrew (that's the language spoken in Israel and by many Jews).

Though they don't offer an American English website, perhaps you can read English? Just click on the Union Jack ...
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/c_zpsc89a0cad.jpg
cicerone imposter

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 10:13 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Even a load of ordinary bombs could have made a mess of a city.

Only ignorant people make that claim about WWII. The allies bombed the **** out of Japan and Germany. Their major cities were decimated with conventional weapons.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 11:11 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Though they don't offer an American English website, perhaps you can read English? Just click on the Union Jack ...

I wouldn't hold your breath.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 9 Oct, 2013 11:56 am
An higher official of the Israeli Embassy in Germany said privately and officially in a discussion here (yesterday and today) that Israel has every right to settle in the West Banks and Gaza, because these areas are of important historical significance for the Jewish religious community [sic!], which is rooted at exact these spots since 2000 years ("Das Gebiet besitzt für die jüdische Glaubensgemeinschaft eine historisch wichtige Bedeutung, die seit 2000 Jahren eben an genau diesem Ort verankert ist.").

Actually, he just repeated in his public speech yesterday evening what Netanyahu says and said - the following discussion was similar. Wink

McTag

Wed 9 Oct, 2013 12:27 pm
@Walter Hinteler,

Makes sense to me. So the Spanish can have Gibraltar, the natives can go back to Diego Garcia and the Sioux nation can have Dakota.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 9 Oct, 2013 01:18 pm
@McTag,
Some really said very similar during the discussion .... exactly (nearly) all.
0 Replies

Foofie

Wed 9 Oct, 2013 01:27 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Hebrew (that's the language spoken in Israel and by many Jews).

Israelis speak Hebrew as the national language. Jews elsewhere speak the local native language. If they are Ashkenazi Chassidim they might speak Yiddish in their homes. If they are Sephardic, they might speak Ladino in their homes.

Jews that are not in Israel only use Hebrew in synagogue for prayers, and ritual.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 9 Oct, 2013 01:47 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Jews that are not in Israel only use Hebrew in synagogue for prayers, and ritual.
Might be in the USA. Here, in Germany, Jews start with Hebrew classes in the Jewish nursery schools.
Foofie

Wed 9 Oct, 2013 01:51 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Foofie wrote:
Might be in the USA. Here, in Germany, Jews start with Hebrew classes in the Jewish nursery schools.

For eventual Aliyah (immigrating to Israel)?