Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

izzythepush

Fri 4 Oct, 2013 02:25 pm
@Foofie,
You're insane, America has the most right wing conservative media in the Western world. There's very little in the way of a liberal progressive media at all. Look at the way it beat the drum right up to the invasion of Iraq.

Quote:
In 2003, a study released by Fairness and Accuracy In Reporting stated the network news disproportionately focused on pro-war sources and left out many anti-war sources. According to the study, 64% of total sources were in favor of the Iraq War while total anti-war sources made up 10% of the media (only 3% of US sources were anti-war). The study stated that "viewers were more than six times as likely to see a pro-war source as one who was anti-war; with U.S. guests alone, the ratio increases to 25 to 1."

FAIR also conducted a similar study in February 2004. According to the study, which took place during October 2003, current or former government or military officials accounted for 76 percent of all 319 sources for news stories about Iraq which aired on network news channels.

After the invasion, the editors of the New York Times apologized for its coverage of Hussein's alleged weapons programs, acknowledging that "we wish we had been more aggressive in re-examining the claims (related to Iraqi weapons programs) as new evidence emerged — or failed to emerge."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_coverage_of_the_Iraq_War
cicerone imposter

Fri 4 Oct, 2013 04:00 pm
@izzythepush,
You can't blame "fool" for being insane when she's unable to remember any factual history, and can only divert from the real issues being discussed.

Her base of knowledge is essentially "zilch," and we're attempting to have a discussion about Israel that doesn't require too much in the way of personal imagination that only diverts from "this" topic.

Just write it off to all of us being "anti-Semites," their favorite ad hominem.
izzythepush

Fri 4 Oct, 2013 04:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It's one thing to disagree, but it's quite something else to constantly talk bollocks. That's what he does. It's not a conservative view, it's an ill informed view. He's frightened of the outside world, so he retreats into his shell and constructs an imaginary one, based on paranoia, prejudice and crude stereotyping.

cicerone imposter

Fri 4 Oct, 2013 04:45 pm
@izzythepush,
I've had enough bullocks from fool; there's no progress in trying to provide factual information that gets ignored time after time with retorts that are based on nothing but his/her own imagination and diversions that has no relevance.

RABEL222

Sat 5 Oct, 2013 09:49 am
@cicerone imposter,
You are arguing with paranoids. Everything frightens paranoids. Especially facts.
cicerone imposter

Sat 5 Oct, 2013 09:54 am
@RABEL222,
I'm not sure about the effects of paranoia, but there's something there that prevents them from accepting facts. I believe it's the same problem with believing in religion. It's not based on intelligence or the ability to understand logic. Somewhere in the corner of their brain, they refuse to accept factual information in order to believe what they believe is the truth.

Maybe psychiatrists have a name for it.

I think it's the fear of truth; they must admit that what they believed most of their life was based on lies.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sat 5 Oct, 2013 10:22 am
When Israel seized the West Bank and Golan Heights in the 1967 Six-Day War, they did it with American-supplied tanks and aircraft, and America has been pouring cash and super-duper weaponry into Israel ever since, so no wonder the muslim world hates America.
Question- why does America do it? What has Israel ever done for America?
The sooner Israel is left to fend for herself the better, she's already got nuke weapons and is therefore well able to look after herself anyway..Wink
cicerone imposter

Sat 5 Oct, 2013 10:58 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Just as the Cubans who are now US citizens fight against improving relationships with Cuba, the Jews in America give money to politicians who support Israel.

It's a political block that can make a big difference in elections, and politicians understand the dynamics of politics in America.

I have written to Obama about lifting the blockade against Cuba, but he wrote back and said he can't because their people are not free. That's just plain stupid! We trade with China and Russia. I've given up writing to my congressoinal reps and president; it's useless when their response is so ******* stupid!

Even when common sense dictates that continuing the blockade against Cuba makes no sense, and that support for Israel's apartheid is against everything we should be appalled by.

Welcome to American politics; full of hypocrisy and idiocy!
Moment-in-Time

Sat 5 Oct, 2013 11:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

It's a political block that can make a big difference in elections, and politicians understand the dynamics of politics in America.

The correct terminology is "Special Interests." And this is why the US has such a lopsided government. Now the entire world is witness to Israeli government's mistreatment of the Palestinian and the continued stealing of the West Bank, yet every time the UN produces a resolution against Israel the US vetoes it. So in effect, the US could not really criticize Russia for standing by Syria, its client state. Our US congress is 100% pro-Israel.....this, "sentiment" however, does not transmit to the ordinary American, or students and lecturers on University campuses....this latter group would dearly love to boycott Israel, the same way they did towards South Africa, many years ago.
oralloy

Sat 5 Oct, 2013 11:38 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
When Israel seized the West Bank and Golan Heights in the 1967 Six-Day War, they did it with American-supplied tanks and aircraft,

Nonsense. What aircraft had we supplied them in 1967?

Romeo Fabulini wrote:
and America has been pouring cash and super-duper weaponry into Israel ever since, so no wonder the muslim world hates America.

If Muslims hate us because we help people defend themselves against Islamic aggression, that only demonstrates how evil Islam is.

Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Question- why does America do it?

Because we're the good guys.

Romeo Fabulini wrote:
What has Israel ever done for America?

Do you only make friends with someone if you perceive that it will give you an opportunity to use them?

Romeo Fabulini wrote:
The sooner Israel is left to fend for herself the better,

That depends on how you define better. If Israel becomes weaker she will have to be more proactive about ensuring that her neighbors are weaker yet. And if Israel ever faced an invasion she could not handle conventionally, she would have to hit them with tactical nukes.

If you think "the periodic devastation of Israel's neighbors and an occasional use of nuclear weapons" is better, then maybe such a course would seem better to you.

Romeo Fabulini wrote:
she's already got nuke weapons and is therefore well able to look after herself anyway..Wink

Is it the nuclear annihilation of all the Arabs that you hope for?
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 5 Oct, 2013 11:45 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
Now the entire world is witness to Israeli government's mistreatment of the Palestinian and the continued stealing of the West Bank,

No such mistreatment. And no such theft.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
yet every time the UN produces a resolution against Israel the US vetoes it.

Maybe the UN should stop producing anti-Semitic resolutions.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
So in effect, the US could not really criticize Russia for standing by Syria, its client state.

Sure we could. And did.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
Our US congress is 100% pro-Israel.....this, "sentiment" however, does not transmit to the ordinary American,

Sure it does.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
or students and lecturers on University campuses....this latter group would dearly love to boycott Israel, the same way they did towards South Africa, many years ago.

Those people are anti-Semites.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 5 Oct, 2013 11:54 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
bloc (blk)
n.
1. A group of nations, parties, or persons united for common action: the Communist bloc.
2. An often bipartisan coalition of legislators acting together for a common purpose or interest: the farm bloc in the U.S. Senate.
0 Replies

Foofie

Sat 5 Oct, 2013 02:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I have written to Obama about lifting the blockade against Cuba, but he wrote back and said he can't because their people are not free. That's just plain stupid! We trade with China and Russia. I've given up writing to my congressoinal reps and president; it's useless when their response is so ******* stupid!

Oy gevalt. Vunderkind CI is smarter than the President of the U.S. And, he has "given up writing" to congressional reps and the President.

At this point in in a 1940's movie someone shouts, "Stop the presses Murphy, we have a new headline for the night owl edition."

0 Replies

Foofie

Sat 5 Oct, 2013 02:49 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:

...Our US congress is 100% pro-Israel.....this, "sentiment" however, does not transmit to the ordinary American, or students and lecturers on University campuses...

To be intellectually honest, one should admit that a good percent of the "ordinary American" tends to look upon anything that may smack of "Jewishness" as alien, or laughable. Then again the "ordinary American" is quite ordinary, and inhabits the popular culture of mediocrity. Who would expect them to care one iota about Jews having a safe place to live, without someone shouting Kike, or worse?
cicerone imposter

Sat 5 Oct, 2013 04:02 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
Then again the "ordinary American" is quite ordinary, and inhabits the popular culture of mediocrity.

Mediocrity is much better than bigots like you who refuse to acknowledge the obvious apartheid of Israel.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sat 5 Oct, 2013 04:59 pm
Cicerone wrote:
Quote:
..the Jews in America give money to politicians who support Israel

Don't Americans mind their tax dollars being given to Israel?

cicerone imposter

Sat 5 Oct, 2013 05:01 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Whether we mind or not doesn't make any difference. There is no way for private citizens to override what the congress and president does in money giveaways - or waste.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sat 5 Oct, 2013 05:07 pm
Oralloy wrote:
Quote:
Is it the nuclear annihilation of all the Arabs that you hope for?

I'm strictly neutral mate, I don't give a rat's ass if the Arabs and Israelis wipe each other out..Wink
Incidentally as you pointed out, i was wrong in thinking America gave the Israelis aircraft to invade the West Bank and Golan Heights in '67, they did it with French-supplied aircraft.
It was only in later years that the Americans began giving them planes like the F-15 and F-16 etc.
But many Israeli tanks in '67 were American, eg Shermans and Pattons.

PS- My view is that the United Nations should stop pussy-footing around and ORDER Israel to hand Palestine back to the Palestinians before the muslim world gets its hands on suitcase nukes and uses them.
Also America should stop sending truckloads of cash to prop up Israel.
Romeo Fabulini

Sat 5 Oct, 2013 05:14 pm
Cicerone said:
Quote:
There is no way for private citizens to override what the congress and president does in money giveaways - or waste.

One way would be to only vote for politicians who stand for what we believe in.
If we don't like them, don't vote for them!
Politicians only have power because people voted them into office, but sadly most people in America and Britain are halfwits and vote for halfwits..Smile
"Which is the greater fool, the fool or the fool who follows him?- Obi Wan Kenobi
cicerone imposter

Sat 5 Oct, 2013 05:21 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
One way would be to only vote for politicians who stand for what we believe in.

I have voted that way since I was old enough to vote, and I'm now 78 yo. I've written to my congress reps and the president too, but those actions have had zero effect on "what I would like to see." I use to vote as a republican and democrat, but now registered as an independent. It's hopeless, useless, and of no effect in either local or national elections. I've decide just recently that I will no longer vote. Look at Washington DC; it's broken so bad, there's no way to reverse this trend, and my votes will do nothing.