Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

Walter Hinteler

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 09:30 am
@Setanta,
Using logic is as bad as posting facts!
oralloy

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 09:32 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
So, using what passes for logic at your house. members of the so-called IDF who blow up Palestinian women. children and the elderly are vermin, tight?

Targeting women, children and the elderly is a Muslim thing.

The IDF targets terrorists and militants.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 09:34 am
@oralloy,
You should look at e.g. the 2012 World Press Photo award or those instagram photos by certain IDF-fighters...

But I agree that maybe if Hamas didn't use children and youth as shields and wouldn't have female fighters this wouldn't perhaps happen.
Setanta

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 09:50 am
@oralloy,
Yeah, well, your idiot propaganda doesn't explain the thousands of Palestinian women, children and elderly killed by the IDF. Spew your bullshit propaganda at someone else, you ought to know by now that i don't buy your witless, unsubstantiated statements from authority--an authority i have no reason to assume you possess.
oralloy

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 09:56 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Yeah, well, your idiot propaganda doesn't explain the thousands of Palestinian women, children and elderly killed by the IDF. Spew your bullshit propaganda at someone else, you ought to know by now that i don't buy your witless, unsubstantiated statements from authority--an authority i have no reason to assume you possess.

The facts are neither idiotic nor propaganda, although they may sometimes be inconvenient.

As far as explaining the thousands of Palestinian women, children and elderly killed by the IDF, that is easy: Those people never existed, and the IDF never killed them.

(Hard to kill someone who doesn't exist.)
oralloy

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 09:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
You should look at e.g. the 2012 World Press Photo award or those instagram photos by certain IDF-fighters...
But I agree that maybe if Hamas didn't use children and youth as shields and wouldn't have female fighters this wouldn't perhaps happen.

I am not familiar with the photos you are referring to.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 10:56 am
@oralloy,
Ah yes, another wonderfully evidence free post from Oralloy, jam-packed with his right-wing, extremist polemic.

Haeretz, an Isreali source reports the killing of a Palestinian woman, and the wounding of another.

Quote:
Amnesty International's report into the 2008 Gaza War stated that they had found instances in which the IDF endangered the lives of civilians, including children, by using them as human shields. The report discussed examples such as "forcing them to remain in or near houses which they took over and used as military positions. Some were forced to carry out dangerous tasks such as inspecting properties or objects suspected of being booby-trapped." The Israeli military denied the allegations saying "The IDF operated in accordance with the rules of war and did the utmost to minimize harm to civilians uninvolved in combat. The IDF's use of weapons conforms to international law." Israel's Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center and the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs likewise accused Hamas and other militant groups of using children human shields during the Gaza war.

Source

From the same source:

Quote:
It has been reported that adult settlers harass and attack Palestinian families and even children. According to the Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers Israeli settlers often use children to violently harass Palestinian civilians, including through looting mosques and shops. The Palestinian National Authority accuses the Israeli government of condoning attacks and the IDF of protecting the culpable settlers and foreign observers repeatedly have called for more government action against them. In October 2011 Richard A. Falk, the United Nations Special Rapporteur on "the situation of human rights in the Palestinian territories occupied since 1967", said that “The failure to prevent and punish settler violence remains a serious and ongoing violation of Israel’s fundamental legal obligation to protect the civilian population.”

I got more than 22 million hits on a search criterion of "Palestinian women and children killed." I selected sources to post here which you may deride, but i don't really care, because they are reputable sources, and those three citations are three more pieces of evidence than you have provided. That's not hard, though, because you never provide evidence, you just shoot your mouth off, apparently believing that everyone should consider you an unimpeachable authority.
Setanta

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 10:59 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Using logic is as bad as posting facts!

Yes, you're right Walter . . . how ill-mannered of me . . .
0 Replies

Advocate

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 11:45 am
Jewish settlers attack local Pals after the latter stabbed to death a settler.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/settlers-riot-after-west-bank-terror-attack-6-arrested.premium-1.518394
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 12:29 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Haeretz, an Isreali source reports the killing of a Palestinian woman, and the wounding of another.

There is not really enough information (at least not without paying for the article) to determine the truth of the matter.

From what little information the article provides for free, it seems possible that the women in question were terrorists.

Due to the scarcity of information, the possibility that the entire event is fictitious also cannot be ruled out.

However, even if we make a wild assumption that the event happened, and then make a second wild assumption that those women were innocent bystanders, the article is very clear that the Israelis were firing in self defense. Even if we make those two wild assumptions, this would not be evidence of Israel targeting women, children, or the elderly. It would just be an unfortunate case of collateral damage caused by the need to defend against Palestinian aggression.

As always, targeting innocent civilians is a Muslim thing.

Also, even if this were proven to be collateral damage, a single death is far from that figure of thousands you mentioned earlier.

Setanta wrote:
Quote:
Amnesty International's report into the 2008 Gaza War stated that they had found instances in which the IDF endangered the lives of civilians, including children, by using them as human shields. The report discussed examples such as "forcing them to remain in or near houses which they took over and used as military positions. Some were forced to carry out dangerous tasks such as inspecting properties or objects suspected of being booby-trapped." The Israeli military denied the allegations saying "The IDF operated in accordance with the rules of war and did the utmost to minimize harm to civilians uninvolved in combat. The IDF's use of weapons conforms to international law." Israel's Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center and the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs likewise accused Hamas and other militant groups of using children human shields during the Gaza war.

Source

From the same source:
Quote:
It has been reported that adult settlers harass and attack Palestinian families and even children. According to the Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers Israeli settlers often use children to violently harass Palestinian civilians, including through looting mosques and shops. The Palestinian National Authority accuses the Israeli government of condoning attacks and the IDF of protecting the culpable settlers and foreign observers repeatedly have called for more government action against them. In October 2011 Richard A. Falk, the United Nations Special Rapporteur on "the situation of human rights in the Palestinian territories occupied since 1967", said that “The failure to prevent and punish settler violence remains a serious and ongoing violation of Israel’s fundamental legal obligation to protect the civilian population.”

Glancing over what you quoted, I did not see a single thing about any Palestinian deaths.

Setanta wrote:
I got more than 22 million hits on a search criterion of "Palestinian women and children killed."

Maybe so, but none of the links will be truthful.

Setanta wrote:
I selected sources to post here which you may deride, but i don't really care, because they are reputable sources,

I'm not sure I deride them. More that I note they do absolutely nothing to back up your claims.

At the most, you've established that a single woman was killed in an action where Israel was completely justified.

But the article that "established" that was pretty vague about the matter.

Setanta wrote:
and those three citations are three more pieces of evidence than you have provided.

Not really. Not one of the three could be considered evidence that Israel has killed as many women, children, and elderly as you suggested earlier.

Setanta wrote:
That's not hard, though, because you never provide evidence, you just shoot your mouth off, apparently believing that everyone should consider you an unimpeachable authority.

Nonsense. I'm always happy to provide evidence whenever I make a factual claim.

I suppose there is one particular claim where I don't know of any on-line links to back it up, and in that one case I might have to refer people to a book. But that claim is not related to this subject, so it shouldn't be a problem here.
Setanta

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 12:48 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Maybe so, but none of the links will be truthful.

Yet another ipse dixit statement by you. You provide ZERO evidence for the bullshit you post. I see no reason to take anything you say seriously.
MontereyJack

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 12:56 pm
Statistics from B'Tselem, which is an ISRAELI peace group:\
Quote:

Israelis and Palestinians Killed
in the Current Violence
At least 1,104 Israelis and 6,829 Palestinians
have been killed since September 29, 2000.

Hover over each bar for exact numbers.

American news reports repeatedly describe Israeli military attacks against the Palestinian population as “retaliation.” However, when one looks into the chronology of death in this conflict, the reality turns out to be quite different.

Source: B'Tselem, The Israeli Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories. (Visit their statistics page, last updated May 31, 2013.)

The numbers cited above include civilians and combatants killed by members of the opposing nationality (and therefore, do not include Palestinians killed by an explosive device that they set or was on their person, Israelis killed in 'friendly fire' incidents, etc.). The numbers also do not include the sizable number of Palestinians who died as a result of inability to reach medical care due to Israeli road closures, curfews, the Israeli closure of border crossing from Gaza, etc.

The figure for Palestinian deaths is extremely conservative, since it is difficult for B'Tselem to report on deaths in the Palestinian territories. The Palestine Red Crescent Society, internationally respected for its statistical rigor, reports significantly higher numbers of Palestinian deaths. We do not doubt the reliability of their data, and only use B'Tselem's more conservative numbers because they collect data on both populations.

In the past we used the statistics provided by Israel’s military for the number of Israelis killed, but they have not updated their statistics page since early in 2006. In addition, there is reason to believe that their numbers may have been somewhat inflated.

Breakdown of Deaths Israelis
Palestinians

Children Killed
(More on the impact on children.) 129
Remember These Children 1,519
Remember These Children
Civilians* Killed 731
B'Tselem 3,535 - 4,226
B'Tselem
People killed in the course of a targeted killing 1 408 or more
B'Tselem
People who were the object of a targeted killing 1 238
B'Tselem
People killed on own land 596 (53.8%)
B'Tselem 6,756 (98.9%)
B'Tselem
People killed on others' land 508 (46.2%)
B'Tselem 73 (1.1%)
B'Tselem
* The Palestinian people do not have a military, so the usual classification of civilian is not being used. Instead B'Tselem provides data on the number of Palestinians who did not participate in hostilities, a significantly more stringent qualification than the one used to identify Israeli civilians. We do not know how many of the Israelis listed as civilians participated in the hostilities. Many settlers who illegally have taken over parts of the West Bank (and used to live in parts of the Gaza Strip) are heavily armed and there have been numerous reports of their brutal attacks on their Palestinian neighbors.

This does not format well, but if you go back and check it out, the higher number of fatalities is Palestinian, caused by Israelis.

Source: http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/deaths.html
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 12:57 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

From what little information the article provides for free, it seems possible that the women in question were terrorists.

haaretz wrote:
Investigations have been opened into the latter two cases, in which it appears that soldiers opened fire in violation of established procedure.
The second case was the killing of a 15-years old boy.

According to Yes Din, published August 27, 2013 ...
Quote:

Since September 2000, the Israeli Military Courts Have Convicted Just Six Soldiers for Offenses Involving the Death of Palestinians
{...]
Just 16 of the investigation files into incidents in which Palestinians were killed led to indictments. In these indictments, a total of 21 soldiers were charged with offenses relating to the death of 18 Palestinian civilians and one foreign national. ....
MontereyJack

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 01:03 pm
Since the formatting sucks, let me just cite two of the statistics from B'Tselem, which it must be emphasized, is an Israeli source, not a Palestinian one:
Civilians killed: 731 Israelis. At least 3535 Palestinians
Children killed: 129 Israeli children. 1519 Palestinian children
MontereyJack

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 01:11 pm
Oralloy has a very simple system for determining the validity of a site: If it agrees with his preconceptions, no matter how fanciful they are, it's truthful. If it demonstrates irrefutably that he's full of ****, it's not truthful. Which is why he's so convinced that he's never wrong, despite the overwhelming evidence that he usually is.
oralloy

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 01:41 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
You provide ZERO evidence for the bullshit you post.

Nope. I am always happy to back factual claims with evidence. And you can't establish that a single claim of mine is untrue (for the simple reason that I am telling the truth).
oralloy

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 01:42 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
haaretz wrote:
Investigations have been opened into the latter two cases, in which it appears that soldiers opened fire in violation of established procedure.

The second case was the killing of a 15-years old boy.

I'm sure that if it was really an unlawful killing, there was a prosecution and conviction?

Or did it come out during either the investigation or the trial that the killing was justified?

Walter Hinteler wrote:
According to Yes Din, published August 27, 2013 ...
Quote:
Since September 2000, the Israeli Military Courts Have Convicted Just Six Soldiers for Offenses Involving the Death of Palestinians
{...]
Just 16 of the investigation files into incidents in which Palestinians were killed led to indictments. In these indictments, a total of 21 soldiers were charged with offenses relating to the death of 18 Palestinian civilians and one foreign national. ....

I'm not sure I see your point. But I agree that Israel does prosecute the rare case where there is an unlawful killing.
oralloy

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 01:42 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Since the formatting sucks, let me just cite two of the statistics from B'Tselem, which it must be emphasized, is an Israeli source, not a Palestinian one:
Civilians killed: 731 Israelis. At least 3535 Palestinians
Children killed: 129 Israeli children. 1519 Palestinian children

Being an Israeli source unfortunately does not make them truthful.

At least half of those Palestinian civilians are fictitious. And most of the rest were militants.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 01:43 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Oralloy has a very simple system for determining the validity of a site: If it agrees with his preconceptions, no matter how fanciful they are, it's truthful.

Nope. I base such determinations on whether what they say conforms with reality.

MontereyJack wrote:
If it demonstrates irrefutably that he's full of ****, it's not truthful.

Given the fact that I am telling the truth, there are no such sites inside the universe.

MontereyJack wrote:
Which is why he's so convinced that he's never wrong, despite the overwhelming evidence that he usually is.

Stop lying. There is not a shred of evidence that I am wrong about anything.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 18 Sep, 2013 01:50 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Setanta wrote:
You provide ZERO evidence for the bullshit you post.

Nope. I am always happy to back factual claims with evidence. And you can't establish that a single claim of mine is untrue (for the simple reason that I am telling the truth).

This is, as usual, BULLSH*T.

oralloy wrote:
Targeting women, children and the elderly is a Muslim thing.

The IDF targets terrorists and militants.

You have provided NO evidence for this claim.

oralloy wrote:
As far as explaining the thousands of Palestinian women, children and elderly killed by the IDF, that is easy: Those people never existed, and the IDF never killed them.

You provided no evidence for this claim, and, in fact, the Israeli source which MJ has linked flatly contradicts your claim.

oralloy wrote:
As always, targeting innocent civilians is a Muslim thing.

You have provided no evidence for this claim. This is mere estremist, right-wing polemics.

I haven't seen you provide any evidence at all on the subject of the deaths of Palestinian women and children versus the deaths of Israelis women and children, and MJ's source, an Israeli source, contradicts your typically unsubstantiated claims.