Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 11:32 pm
@Advocate,
If somebody tells you that the place where you are living is shortly going to be a battleground and you don't leave it, you're an idiot. And you're likely to be dead very soon. Under international law, if you flee a war, you have the right to return when the fighting is done. Israel has spent sixty years denying that human right to the Palestinians who fled the fighting and their descendants. Those people and their offspring are the people living in the refugee camps. They are the people who have been systematically denied their legal rights. They are not the Palestinians who lived in Gaza and the West Bank before the wars and who live there today. Nor are they the Palestinians who lived within what is now Israel and didn't flee the war (and who are in many ways discriminated against in Israel, in spite of what the laws may say--a group of people paying only lip service to a law and contravening it in practice is by no means unusual, and it's alive and well in Israel today). The Palestinian REFUGEES have valid claims under international law against the state of Israel, and Israel has spent sixty years completelly refusing to deal with them. Which is why much of the world regards Israel as a pariah state. Y|Until you and your fellow apologists face up to the facts of history, you're never going to see peace. And it's your own fault.
s
oralloy

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 12:35 am
@MontereyJack,

Very little of the world regards Israel as a pariah state. Only anti-Semites view Israel that way.

As for the Palestinians, if they refuse to make peace based on 1967 borders, they can simply be deported out of the West Bank and housed in Gaza.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 10:30 am
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0913/glick091313.php3#.UjM8RCx8dRd

Quote:
..........As a portion of Israel's population, the number of Israelis who took part in protests against the so-called peace process comprised the largest protest movement in history.
The public foresaw what was eminently foreseeable. Renowned intellectuals and decorated military leaders warned that the PLO was a terrorist organization that had no intention of making peace with Israel. They warned that the PLO would use every inch of land Israel transferred to its control as a forward base for terrorism against Israeli civilians. They warned that Yassir Arafat was a liar, a murderer and a Jew hater who would use all powers granted him to murder and legitimize the murder of Israeli civilians. They warned that he was not interested in the least in establishing a Palestinian state, rather wanted only to oversee the dismemberment and destruction of our state, the Jewish state.

And for the past twenty years, their warnings were borne out by events every single day.............
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 10:35 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

... The Palestinian refugees, who had no hand in the Holocaust, were dispossessed of their land by the Israelis, in what you seem to think was somewhow expiation for the Holocaust. Monstrous crimes by the Nazis do not give the survivors the right to commit crimes on other innocent people. Nor do they give Israelis the right to dispossess someone else as some sort of atonemnt for crimes against them.

In 1948 the Israelis told ALL the Arabs to stay. Some stayed. Today they, and their families are Israeli citizens. Those that left at the request of the invading Arab armies did, in effect, choose sides. They chose sides, since the Arab propaganda was telling them to stay out of the way of the invading Arab armies, since in two weeks they will be able to return and have the Jews' homes to live in.

The "monstrous crimes by the Nazis" is not any reason for any crimes on anyone; however, as long as you are attempting to make a moral comparison, how many Palestineans have been gassed, and burnt in crematoriums? None. How many Palestineans have been worked to death in slave labor camps? None. The pro-Palestinean folks are just awfulizing the inconveniences of the Palestineans, since they cannot move forward with their collective lives, since sharing a world with nearby Jews seems to be so humiliating, in my opinion, as the cause of the intransigence.

If the Palestineans were truly being kept down by the Israelis, they would have turned the West Bank and Gaza into some sort of high-tech industrial park, by now. In my opinion, any land that the Israelis are sharing with the Palestineans is just urban gentrification. It happens wherever there is real-estate.

And, by the way, how come in any future Palestinean state no Jews will be allowed to live, yet right now there are Arabs living as Israeli citizens, and Arabs in the Knesset? Double standard again. The world just cannot stand to treat Jews as equals in the family of man. Any faults one finds with the Israelis are mild compared to the faults of much more advanced societies over the centuries, even the last 60 years. Notice how the world has accepted Germans as "good Germans" quickly after WWII, yet Jews will always be persona non grata, as landowners in the Middle East (Jews are not in Europe anymore to any great degree; quite admirable in the eyes of many Europeans when they speak candidly).
Foofie

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 10:40 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

If somebody tells you that the place where you are living is shortly going to be a battleground and you don't leave it, you're an idiot. And you're likely to be dead very soon. Under international law, if you flee a war, you have the right to return when the fighting is done. Israel has spent sixty years denying that human right to the Palestinians who fled the fighting and their descendants. Those people and their offspring are the people living in the refugee camps. They are the people who have been systematically denied their legal rights. They are not the Palestinians who lived in Gaza and the West Bank before the wars and who live there today. Nor are they the Palestinians who lived within what is now Israel and didn't flee the war (and who are in many ways discriminated against in Israel, in spite of what the laws may say--a group of people paying only lip service to a law and contravening it in practice is by no means unusual, and it's alive and well in Israel today). The Palestinian REFUGEES have valid claims under international law against the state of Israel, and Israel has spent sixty years completelly refusing to deal with them. Which is why much of the world regards Israel as a pariah state. Y|Until you and your fellow apologists face up to the facts of history, you're never going to see peace. And it's your own fault.
s

Somehow the cards got mis-shuffled, so to speak. Jordan was supposed to be a Palestinean state as Trans-Jordan. How Israel go to be a sliver of land for the Jews is just the old short-changing trick of Gentile anti-Semites, in my opinion.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 10:42 am
Another solution is that any Palestineans that would ever come back to Israel would be accepted as Israeli Jewish citizens. Well, the males are already circumcised. My point being that why does Israel have to have freedom of religion, since the Arab states do not?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 10:49 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
(Jews are not in Europe anymore to any great degree; quite admirable in the eyes of many Europeans when they speak candidly).
Quote:
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zps5afe52a5.jpg
(*In Germany, there are about 100.000 more Jews, who aren't associated with the traditional Jewish communities.)
Foofie

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 11:00 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Let's not tell everyone. You possibly know that Hitler was disappointed in the German people, on Kristalnacht, for not joining in the pogrom, like "good" Russian peasants. My point being that the world should not really know how many Jews are out and about, nor where they are. Assimilate yes; take a low profile, double yes. (In my opinion.)

Regardless, notice the total number of Jews world-wide. Apparently no other group gets so much consistent "press" for having so little world-wide population, in my opinion. The number in Brazil did surprise me.

However, if there will be identifiable Jews into the 22nd century, I believe it will come from the Orthodox, since the non-Orthodox males, in my opinion, do marry many a shiksa that wants someone to marry that is not overly "macho," and does believe that women can be as intelligent as men. One of the strong points, in my opinion, of the Jewish culture. (Jewish women do marry non-Jews, but not to the same percentage, in my opinion.)
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 01:59 pm
What this tells me is a minority of Jews have too much of a voice in U S of A politics. 320 million citizens having to bow to 5 million jews is insane. Without a media that is owned by the Jewish community this couldent happen.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 02:46 pm
@RABEL222,
It's not just Jews that have sway regarding this conflict. A much larger part of the support that Israel receives from the US comes from Christian Zionists, Christianists who also believe that God gave the land of Canaan to the Jews, and that they should be left to their own devices so as to ensure the return of Jesus in these end times.

Another part of US support stems from convoluted ideas about nationality and ethnicity that are conflated with the religious mythologies found in the Bible that are held by many peoples both Jewish and non-Jewish alike.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 02:48 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Very little of the world regards Israel as a pariah state. Only anti-Semites view Israel that way.

Nuh-uh.

oralloy wrote:
As for the Palestinians, if they refuse to make peace based on 1967 borders, they can simply be deported out of the West Bank and housed in Gaza.

Says you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 04:55 pm
@InfraBlue,
Good points.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 05:44 pm
@MonkeyJerk,

Quote:
... The Palestinian refugees, who had no hand in the Holocaust, were dispossessed of their land by the Israelis

http://zioneocon.blogspot.com/isr-world.gif

And if they (the palisavages) weren't all assholes, somebody in that huge green area (the slammite world) would have taken them in, wouldn't they?

My advice to the palisavages: Try going for a whole generation without being assholes; somebody will probably take you in.

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 08:36 pm
The only difference between Syria and Israel is that Israel hasent used gas weapons on the west bank..... Yet.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 09:29 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
A much larger part of the support that Israel receives from the US comes from Christian Zionists,

Oh yes, they, too, are an enduring pain in the........Fortunately, a new poll came out recently showing Millennials are less religious than their parents which means there is hope for the future.

www.cnn.com/2010/US/02/17/report.millennials.faith/index.html
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2013 01:31 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
What this tells me is a minority of Jews have too much of a voice in U S of A politics. 320 million citizens having to bow to 5 million jews is insane. Without a media that is owned by the Jewish community this couldent happen.

You anti-Semites are disgusting.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2013 01:33 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Nuh-uh.

You anti-Semites always like to pretend that the world shares your hateful views.

But no. Decent people find you repugnant.

InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Says you.

Do modern transportation systems confuse you or something?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2013 01:35 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
The only difference between Syria and Israel is that Israel hasent used gas weapons on the west bank..... Yet.

I bet you name your pets after prominent Nazi figures.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2013 05:12 pm
@oralloy,
Not only childish but witbout common sense.n
Advocate

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2013 12:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I just watched a film of Japan's rape of Nanking. It was a thousand times worse than anything Israel ever done.