Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

Foofie

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 05:29 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:

Quote:

In my opinion, England is for Americans what Disneyworld is for children.

The difference is that the British do not have to put on Mickey and Minny costumes to entertain the tourists with their presence.

How insulting you are!

Not at all, since my point is that England is a great source of entertainment for American tourists, and Disneyworld is a great source of entertainment for children touring with parents in Florida. I am just pointing out that to many an American, England's role in the world is a non-sequitur. What is important is London shopping and tourist sights. You are looking a gift horse in the mouth, in my opinion.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 05:33 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Don't worry about Fluff, nobody else does, he's completely insane. His world view is fuelled by paranoid delusions and crude stereotyping. He thinks My Fair Lady, is a fly-on-the-wall documentary.

No, I'm completely American, with little desire to pander to those that do not hold the U.S.A. in high regard. Isn't it time to hang out at a pub and make merry with your countrymen? And, as you need to be reminded, if it wasn't for the Allies, you would be singing Eidelweiss at the pub.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 05:35 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

0bserver wrote:
Please don't tell me you believe the health system there only works for Jews .. and only very religious ones.

I'm sure the Palestinians would receive fantastic care if they weren't all being held at checkpoints.

Perhaps, they should use the Mad Hatter's ploy, "I'm late for a tea party."
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 05:38 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

A strike against Syria won't do a damn thing to stop the continuing violence, it will just kill more people.

Well, at least its not The Thirty Year's War. Someone matured.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 05:43 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I'm boycotting Israel until they end the occupation. I boycotted South Africa as well, apartheid supporters like yourself came up with the same arguments then.

Don't forget to boycott the Old Testament and the Ten Commandments.

Moment-in-Time

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 06:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Any strike by the US in Syria is not going to change that dynamics. Iraq is the proof.

Since you seem so perturbed about a possible strike in Damacus by the Obama administration, why don't you take this up with the White House? Might I suggest you write Obama a letter, explaining how much, you an American, hate him. I'm sure he'll be impressed.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 07:14 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
They don't listen. I've written to my congresswoman several times, and to President Obama a couple of times.

My first letter to Senator Feinstein on the voting for the Iraq war was ignored, telling me that with the information they learned, they had to approve the war.
The other letters to Senator Feinstein were ignored, and she voted against my recommendations. I was right in every case.

My first letter to President Obama was not to increase the troops in Afghanistan by 50,000. He ignored my recommendation. My last letter to President Obama earlier this year was about the blockade against Cuba was responded by a letter saying that he will not left the blockade because the Cuban people do not have the freedoms of a democracy. Now, how stupid is that?

We trade with Russia and China. Give me a break!

I find writing to our reps in congress and to the president are a waste of my time and effort.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 07:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That is not always true. I was privy for a while re what was happening in my rep's office. They did listen.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 07:42 pm
@ossobuco,
My half dozen or so letters were all ignored on issues I thought were very important. Somebody else can carry on.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 07:49 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Government by the baaaaaa crowd, of the baaaaa crowd, for the baaaa crowd.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

0bserver

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 11:43 pm
@izzythepush,
Not an excuse - just demonstrating how hypocritical your boycott is. You know the UK (and Canada) are doing the same thing, but you choose to boycott only Israel.

"The situation in Israel is apartheid in all but name"

Lies! I'm asking for the millionth time - show me laws discriminating one kind of citizens vs. another kind in Israel. You keep saying these lies even though you know they have no basis.

"I'm not going to stop buying petrol, don't be ridiculous."

Right. Boycott only countries that are convenient to boycott, and if they happen to be Jewish - excellent. One thing is great in your morals is that I know you will keep using Google and Intel because it's also convenient. Sure - carry on.

"As for Tibet, as long as the West allows Israel to get away with the occupation, we haven't got a leg to stand on. It will be a lot easier to be taken seriously by the Chinese about Tibet once there's a free Palestine."

How about this:

As for the West Bank, as long as the West allows China to get away with the occupation of Tibet, we haven't got a leg to stand on. It will be a lot easier to be taken seriously by the Israelis about the West Bank once there's a free Tibet
0bserver

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 11:44 pm
@izzythepush,
Right. 6 million dead in the camps which weren't bombed are not that significant, eh?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 11:51 pm
@0bserver,
0bserver wrote:
As for the West Bank, as long as the West allows China to get away with the occupation of Tibet, we haven't got a leg to stand on. It will be a lot easier to be taken seriously by the Israelis about the West Bank once there's a free Tibet
Actually, it's not only "the West": no country in the world - incuding Israel - has ever recognized the independence of Tibet or declared that Tibet is an 'occupied country'.
0bserver

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 11:52 pm
@izzythepush,
Out of 50 or so countries in Africa, 1 or 2 are on the list - In my book that's called a missing continent. You want to be a picky bureaucrat and ignore the elephant in the room - go ahead.
0bserver

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 11:57 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Right. Because our morals are very relative. The West (including Israel, BTW) has very strict morals until it comes to dealing with scary things like China, or just too expensive things like Russian gas or Arab oil. Only Israel is busy surviving looking for allies anywhere they can, while Europe is just being cynical and hypocritical.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 02:15 am
@0bserver,
Missing the elephant in the room. You're the only person I know who disapproves of the UK's actions in Sierra Leone. You think allowing a mob to rage through the streets of Freetown ,chopping off the arms and legs of children would be a good thing. Your hatred of the UK is so extreme you've abandoned all reasoning.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 02:38 am
@0bserver,
There is no comparison between the brutal occupation of the West Bank and the way allied troops behave in Afghanistan.

Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu have both said Israel is an apartheid state. Discrimination occurs all the time.

Quote:
This weekend, a report revealing that African women immigrating to Israel were subjected to mandatory contraceptive injections, effectively amounting to forced (if temporary) sterilization made global headlines.

Some 130,000 Ethiopians, most of them Jewish, live in Israel. The community experiences higher poverty and unemployment rates than the rest of the country’s Jewish population. In the past decade, the birth rate among Ethiopian-Israelis has declined by at least 20 percent. Advocacy groups now claim this decline is the result of a birth control regimen forced upon Ethiopian immigrant women.

According to an article in Haaretz, an Israeli news source, one Ethiopian immigrant said that the doctors who injected her claimed that “people who frequently give birth suffer.” While it is possible, if highly unlikely, that doctors genuinely had the women’s health in mind when they forcibly injected them with contraceptives, there is no excuse for depriving women sovereignty over their own reproductive choices.

Israel has acknowledged the issue (without admitting any wrongdoing) and has vowed institutional changes in healthcare for immigrants. By decree of Israel’s health minister, gynecologists have been ordered “not to renew prescriptions for Depo-Provera for women of Ethiopian origin if for any reason there is concern that they might not understand the ramifications of the treatment.”

Just because it's not enshrined in law doesn't mean it doesn't happen. By your reasoning Ethiopian women weren't sterilised because it doesn't say so it the Israeli constitution.

You're so willing to accept Israel's take on things regardless of how ridiculous their comments are, or how disproportionate. You think that firing live ammunition at stone throwers is a proportionate response, and you believe the lies that the IDF tells when they say they came under attack.

Quote:
Robin al-Abed, 32, was shot in the chest as he tried to get from his home to his workplace, and Jihad Asslan, 20, was pronounced brain dead after being shot on the roof of his house where he had gone to watch the clashes, said a neighbour of the men, Abu Omar Hammad. The third dead man was Younis Jahjouh, 22, who was also shot in the chest.

Hammad, 46, who sells sweets in the camp, said he had been woken by his children at 6am to find "soldiers smothering the neighbourhood". He said he saw al-Rabed shot as he tried to get to his job with the UN Palestinian refugee agency, Unrwa.

The whole purpose of this incursion was to derail the peace process, and maybe provoke a response. Robin al-Abed was deliberately targeted because he worked for the UN and Israel wants to discourage Palestinians from working with outside agencies.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 02:40 am
@0bserver,
I suppose fighting Hitler wasn't good enough for you.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 02:41 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

I'm boycotting Israel until they end the occupation. I boycotted South Africa as well, apartheid supporters like yourself came up with the same arguments then.

Don't forget to boycott the Old Testament and the Ten Commandments.

The Old Testament is a pile of **** Fluff. Of course I don't pay it any attention.
0 Replies

0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 02:47 am
@izzythepush,
Stop your pointless accusations. I said I had no opinion on Sierra Leone - I don't understand Africa well enough. When did I say I disapproved of it? I don't hate the UK , I don't hate the Palestinians or anyone else you can come up with. I do have issues with Europe being cynical and hypocritical when it comes to dealing with Israel as opposed to every other country. And the UK is especially bad at it for some reason. You are just one more proof of that - you want to boycott Israel for human right violations, but you don't want to boycott Russia, China, Saudi Arabia etc. Just because Israel is a Jewish country and the others are not. That's all.