Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

0bserver

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 05:03 pm
@izzythepush,
It will not stop the violence of armed men on armed men. It will reduce the violence on children using massive chemical attacks. It won't kill more people. Should I repeat - selectively hit empty airports, factories and rocket launchers. And do it fast - before Assad puts school children there.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 05:10 pm
@0bserver,
Remember the smart bomb in the first gulf war, the one that scored a direct hit on a load of civilians in a bunker?
0bserver

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 05:10 pm
@izzythepush,
How do you know that? So you think they attack UK soldiers because they love their presence there?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/7352516/British-soldier-killed-at-Afghan-checkpoint.html
0bserver

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 05:13 pm
@izzythepush,
Remember the Nazi extermination camps that the allies wouldn't agree to bomb?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 05:13 pm
@0bserver,
No I don't. We need to get out now. It was fucked up from the beginning. It was never given enough resources because Bush had his eye on Iraq. It could have turned out very differently.

What do you think of the British intervention in Sierra Leone?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 05:14 pm
@0bserver,
That is completely irrelevant.
0bserver

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 05:29 pm
@izzythepush,
OK. Exactly the same answer about IDF in the West Bank - they need to get out now. We went over this before . Another difference is that no Afghan attacks are being carried out against London, while rockets keep flying over Ashkelon.

I'm not sure I have an opinion about Sierra Leone. Africa is a very sad continent in general. I think they need education - not military assistance.
Do you see a continent missing here:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSLmnN5CQAALPUP.jpg:large

UK is pretty impressive, BTW.

0bserver

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 05:31 pm
@izzythepush,
I disagree. Bombing extermination camps could have inflicted some immediate damage, but would've saved many innocent lives. Bombing Syrian chemical capabilities is very similar
Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 06:15 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

We may very well fall with that same rapidity. That Parliamentary vote may be a bell tolling.

....and yet, if the truth be known, Izzy,we simply do not know the outcome. There are certain areas that will be targeted, but we must allow the experts to determine this. I've proven I'm no expert, but I sincerely believe that if the cunningly evil Assad is allowed to go unpunished he, Iran, North Korea will believe they have the green light, and furthermore, they will assume the US is too damn cowardly to back up its word.

Hey, I, too, hold strong opinions, so I understand from whence you come. You believe there should not be an attack on Syria, and I believe we should do just that. You and I will have to agree to disagree.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 06:18 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
I believe there's a huge difference between using WMD's within one's own country vs using it against others. What Syria has is a civil war. Iraq still kills its own almost daily. Dead is dead whether it's conventional or WMD's.

Any strike by the US in Syria is not going to change that dynamics. Iraq is the proof.
0bserver

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 07:16 pm
@izzythepush,
Also, in your boycott of Israel, are you making sure you're not using any products by Intel, Microsoft, AMD, Facebook, Google, IBM, Siemens, Quallcomm etc? Just making sure, so you don't support financially some thousands of Zionist engineers over there unintentionally.

Also, how is your boycott of UAE et al. energy is going so far? You said at some point you wanted to boycott them for their treatment of women.

Are you also boycotting Chinese products for the occupation of Tibet?

Or is it just too hard not to buy Chinese stuff and give up Arab state energy? Better pick some smaller state to kick around - they can't do anything back to you - you can be brave and just.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 01:37 am
@0bserver,
I'm boycotting Israel until they end the occupation. I boycotted South Africa as well, apartheid supporters like yourself came up with the same arguments then.

As for Tibet, there's nothing the West can do about it until the Palestinian issue is resolved. Any mention of Tibet gets the response 'Look at Israel.'
izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 01:38 am
@0bserver,
You do that, conveniently ignoring America.

Quote:
It's not about hating, it's about realising that the UK will never seriously pursue peace in Afghanistan unless they're put under pressure.

Of course it is. Canada still has troops in Afghanistan. You're not going boycott your own country are you.
0bserver

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 02:28 am
@izzythepush,
"As for Tibet, there's nothing the West can do about it until the Palestinian issue is resolved. Any mention of Tibet gets the response 'Look at Israel.'"

Oh, just admit it already. The Chinese are not Jewish - so you don't care. You hate only the Jews - not the Chinese

And you're avoiding the UAE question. When are you going to start boycotting them as you promised?
0 Replies

0bserver

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 02:30 am
@izzythepush,
I'm not going to boycott anything because it's an empty tool, most often used against people you just hate anyway - nothing to do with politics
izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 09:07 am
@0bserver,
It's just a convenient excuse to have another go at the UK despite you having your own soldiers there.

It's about hating a system that's inherently unjust. I stopped boycotting South African produce when they did away with apartheid. The situation in Israel is apartheid in all but name which is why Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu have said as much.

I'm not going to stop buying petrol, don't be ridiculous. China is a huge part of the global economy any economic action against China would cause another great depression. As for Tibet, as long as the West allows Israel to get away with the occupation, we haven't got a leg to stand on. It will be a lot easier to be taken seriously by the Chinese about Tibet once there's a free Palestine.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 09:10 am
@0bserver,
0bserver wrote:
Do you see a continent missing here:

Last I heard South Africa was part of Africa.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 09:11 am
@0bserver,
Bombing German industry saved far more by shortening the war.
Foofie

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 05:21 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Don't worry about Fluff, nobody else does, he's completely insane. His world view is fuelled by paranoid delusions and crude stereotyping. He thinks My Fair Lady, is a fly-on-the-wall documentary.

You mean Pygmalion.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 05:28 pm
What plum tarts here downthumb people they disagree with?

That isn't what thumbs on posts are for. Bad language, ad hominems, and similar, sure. Not just that you don't like someone or that someone's opinions.

Visiting this thread is an entry to extensive juvenilia.
0 Replies