Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

Below viewing threshold (view)
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 11:33 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
If Palestinians want to be welcome in Israel, they should convert to Judaism and stop murdering people.
Besides the roughly 50,000 Christians in the Palestinian territories. 80% of Christian Israel citizens are Palestinians. (Quite a few heads [bishops and patriarchs] of the various Christian churches in Jerusalem are Palestinians/Arabs.)

So, should only Christians in Israel convert to Judaism or elsewhere, too?
oralloy

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2021 04:25 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Xtian religious leaders in Israel do not seem to mind living under Jewish government. If they start having a problem with it, then I would advise them to convert too.

Why would people elsewhere need to convert? If they live elsewhere then they don't live under a Jewish government.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2021 07:17 pm
20 years of walling hostile foreigners out of Israel:
https://apnews.com/article/middle-east-israel-west-bank-85b8027e4a367d534a42658358ca3358
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2021 08:58 pm
@oralloy,
One state, democratic, pluralistic and egalitarian for all of the peoples of Palestine NOW.
Builder

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2021 04:08 am
@oralloy,
That seems reasonable.
If you're a complete moron,
with zero comprehension of reality.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2021 04:13 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

you're a complete moron,
with zero comprehension of reality.

Looks like you've found yourself a soul mate.
oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2021 04:17 am
@Builder,
Your rejection of peace gives Israel the right to take all the land by military force.

The settlers thank you for helping them to keep all the land.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2022 12:25 am
@oralloy,
Or just the latter?

It's not a law that Christians in Israel convert to Judaism.

It's simple. People in countries together can learn to live together. Or they should leave.

I mean, the Buddhists even don't like Muslims, and they are among the most peaceful and tolerant folks on Earth! When you piss off the Buddhists, you should go live in a hut by yourself, cuz you can't other ppl.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2022 07:39 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Oralloy is out of the loop for some more months to come.

You thoughts on Budhism/Islam is racist.

Regarding being Budhist and a soldier:

Do some reading.

The Buddhist Soldier - Alan Peto
[Search domain alanpeto.com] https://alanpeto.com › buddhism › buddhist-soldier-military
Military service for Buddhists can also be seen in the light of the Middle Way. The Buddha never said that you should not be in the military (well, unless you were a monk of course), nor did he say that you should never kill, or for leaders not to have a military.
Engaged Buddhism‧Email‧Noble Eightfold Path
Buddhism and the Military — NewBuddhist

[Search domain newbuddhist.com] https://newbuddhist.com › discussion › 15934 › buddhism-and-the-military
I was both a Buddhist and in the military for many years. Yes, you can practice Buddhism and be in the military. You can also practice Buddhism and be a member of the police force, for the same reasons. For the fundamentalists or legalists, nowhere in his sutras does Buddha say being in the military is prohibited.

Buddhism and violence - Wikipedia
[Search domain en.wikipedia.org] https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Buddhism_and_violence
The oldest militant organisation active in the region is Democratic Karen Buddhist Army (DKBA), headed by a Buddhist monk U Thuzana, since 1992. In the recent years the monks, and the terrorist acts, are associated with the nationalist 969 Movement particularly in Myanmar and neighboring nations.

Myanmar's military coup has riven the Buddhist monkhood ...
[Search domain economist.com] https://www.economist.com › asia › 2021 › 04 › 03 › myanmars-military-coup-has-riven-the-buddhist-monkhood
Almost 90% of Burmese are Buddhist. Judging by the New Light's coverage, none is more devout than Min Aung Hlaing, the commander-in-chief. After inspecting the troops on the morning of March ...
0 Replies

Theo202

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2022 04:17 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Being a Jewish state does not ethnocentrically oppress anyone. The Palestinians are free to convert to Judaism if they'd like.

It's about identity and inheritance. If you identify as the citizen of an independent state then you're implicitly denying the protection of a deity. The territory of Herzl's Jewish state encompassed land inherited by the non-Jewish descendants of Abraham, so citizenship would amount to to abandonment of that as well.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Mon 23 May, 2022 07:28 am
@Theo202,
Look, it's simple. After seeing the outright mess that the two-state system made, I cannot in good conscience support it.

One state, or two entirely separate countries.

Palestine as a sovereign nation on the West Bank. But they don't play nice, and they are attacked.

Or all of this area is Israel. The Jewish people allow visitors for religious reasons, but if you don't obey the laws and make war against the Jews, you get booted out.

Which leads to the next thing. The Temple Mount can either be shared between the Jews, Christians, and Muslims. Or it should just be Jewish, with other people building at the base.
revelette1

Reply Mon 23 May, 2022 07:52 am
I am not sure if I would play nice if someone came along and took my home, and I'm told to like or lump it and if you do anything about it, you get labelled as the aggressor, therefore it is perfectly fine if they take more land. Moreover, they do the same even if they (Palestinians) do play nice.

I have heard all the arguments in opposition, I don't buy it and will leave it at that.
0 Replies

Theo202

Reply Mon 23 May, 2022 05:12 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
The problem is the state if Israel itself. It was founded by terrorists and has aspirations for land that it has no right to. Jews and Muslims lived there amicably until it was imposed on them.
Theo202

Reply Mon 23 May, 2022 05:24 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Depends on the motivation. It's hard to make the right choice from a position of ignorance.
0 Replies

Theo202

Reply Mon 23 May, 2022 05:27 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
It's not a law that Christians in Israel convert to Judaism.

As if Christians ever cared about the law when they had faith in the priesthood instead.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Fri 27 May, 2022 03:11 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Lets be real these are all white European people.
1. The idea of the physical state of Israel was being carried out in the 1910's. By the wealthy, rich, and other kinds and types.
2. When WWII had the Hitler problem many people fleeing went to this community ( this is like twenty to thirty years after ). People their deported them.
3. Via the United Nations/Leauge of Nations they used UN troops ( various nation troops ) to force Israel into existence. So much so that another nation was swallowed into it and even part of Egypt was under dispute.
4. Till this day discrimination upon discrimination occurs and Zionist Israel is not a mixed diversed community but white, European people.