Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 22 May, 2021 09:20 pm
@oralloy,
the rest of the world is not some weird left-wing group. You on the other hand speak for extraordinarilt weird far-right-wing groups who do in fact flout international law and are sself-righteous about doing so.
InfraBlue

Reply Sat 22 May, 2021 09:56 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
There is abundant evidence of wrongdoing.

You keep saying that. I'm not actually seeing you produce any evidence however.

InfraBlue wrote:
Verily, such laws.

Strange how none of them are being cited.

Israel’s ethnic cleansing of the Palestinian people, the usurpation of Jerusalem, and the building of settlements contravenes the Fourth Geneva Convention, UN General Assembly Resolutions 181, 194, UN Security Council Resolutions 237, 242, 252, 2334, and a myriad others.
oralloy

Reply Sat 22 May, 2021 11:36 pm
@InfraBlue,
The Fourth Geneva Convention covers civilians captured during wartime. The war is over. Israel is not holding any captured civilians.

The General Assembly is an antisemitic body with no legal power.

I doubt that anyone can establish that Israel is violating 237 and 242.

The Palestinians, on the other hand, are in fact violating 242.

242 forbids the Palestinians' unending war against Israel.

Note: "respect for and acknowledgment of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of every State in the area and their right to live in peace within secure and recognized boundaries free from threats or acts of force".

252 is a bad law. It should be rescinded. That said, it is hard to see how Israel is violating it. Israel should start violating 252 however, IMO.

2334 was Barack Obama's antisemitic temper tantrum. All it did was make some wildly untrue statements. It is hard to see the point of a silly law that makes untrue claims. It is also hard to see how anyone could violate such a law.
oralloy

Reply Sat 22 May, 2021 11:38 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
the rest of the world is not some weird left-wing group.

That does not change the reality that weird leftwing groups do occasionally presume to speak for the world.

MontereyJack wrote:
You on the other hand speak for extraordinarily weird far-right-wing groups who do in fact flout international law and are self-righteous about doing so.

You cannot provide any examples of me doing any such thing.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sun 23 May, 2021 12:43 am
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Don't expatiate on about Israel or Western nations' willingness to disregard the UN's resolutions or do anything that would contravene any treaties recognised by the UN.

Let me share what I found days ago with you guys. I was googling. Then I found an article written by a female columnist-she's Muslim- living in Israel. She slated Israel in that article for belittling Muslim believers' rights and boggling at the idea that Muslim believers living in Israel have a right to speak out against official wrongs and support Palestine , duh, even they claim to be citizens of Israel.

She also wrote that the UN is looking into some cases that show some politicians in Israel have "rorted"the system. To buttress her her point, she cited some scathing remarks uttered by an African judge working for the UN along with her picture, which shows a fatso standing in front of a building.

Sorry for using this word, guys; she's just toooo "big" to be true. Africa is still a poor continent, right? Yet this African judge living in New York tells a different story. Thank you, the UN. The UN seems to have found a perfect way for its employees from developing nations to RAKE IT IN and get fat.

You know what I'm trying to say? The UN is just a place heaving with such portly bureaucrats and technocrats. It's just a place brimming with red tape and flummery; the rigmarole of passing one resolution after another reminds you of Huxley and George Orwell's novels. Yet such employees working for the UN think differently. They don't want to raise a stink insofar as they get paid well by the UN.

So, does Israel have to care about such UN resolutions? The answer is yes. Nevertheless, it's a different case if such resolutions favor Palestine.

0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sun 23 May, 2021 01:08 am
I still think it makes sense for their leaders to be talking to each other. Using force is the last-ditch effort in the words of Sun Tzu, author of the Art of War. Sun Tzu says in that book that astute politicians know how to see off their enemies with little cost.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sun 23 May, 2021 01:13 am
Hamas is a terrorist group. Its leaders only want to play hob with peace-lovers' efforts to bring peace to the Middle East.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 23 May, 2021 10:46 am
This is interesting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-state_solution

Have Egypt take over the Gaza Strip, and have Jordan take over the parts of the West Bank that Israel doesn't keep for themselves.

No need to ask the Palestinians what they think.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 23 May, 2021 12:19 pm
@oralloy,
Your opinions are duly noted.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 23 May, 2021 03:37 pm
@oralloy,
stupid and fascistic, another okralloy twofer.
oralloy

Reply Sun 23 May, 2021 04:42 pm
@MontereyJack,
Thanks for being so intolerant that Israel will be allowed to keep the West Bank for themselves.

Israel couldn't have pulled it off without your intolerance.
oralloy

Reply Sun 23 May, 2021 04:57 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Your opinions are duly noted.

I'm noting that you aren't responding to my "I don't see how Israel is violating those Security Council resolutions" by making a case that such violations are occurring.
goldberg

Reply Sun 23 May, 2021 07:07 pm
@MontereyJack,
Most people get behind Israel in Europe. Most people coalesce behind the same message that Israel is a friend in most Asian nations. Most people also support Israel in Australia.

If you think this is irksome. Whatever. You just don't want to wake up even you love to use the term woke.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 23 May, 2021 09:21 pm
@goldberg,
Your idea oif eurowidespread european support for israel versus palestinians is false
https://www.politico.eu/article/europe-poll-israel-palestine-conflict/
And woke is a stupid concept the right is trying to describe anybody that disagrees with them as.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 23 May, 2021 09:23 pm
@oralloy,
your grasp of internatonal law is nonexistent. israel has no legal standing to claom the disputed west bank.
oralloy

Reply Sun 23 May, 2021 09:31 pm
@MontereyJack,
You're a phony who can't point out any errors in my grasp of international law.

I've already pointed out the logic by which the world is letting Israel keep the West Bank for themselves.

The world asks Israel to give up land only in exchange for peace.

So when you and the Palestinians refuse to offer peace to Israel, the rest of the world stops asking Israel to give up land.

So thanks for all your help letting Israel keep the land. They would never have been able to do it without you refusing to make peace.

Maybe someday in the future the settlers will erect a statue in honor of you.

Maybe not.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sun 23 May, 2021 10:01 pm
@MontereyJack,
Politico is an American magazine, albeit it has an European edition, just like Time magazine, which even has an Asian edition. The Economist, the Newstateman, the Week, and the Spectator all have American editions, despite being British publications. Forbes, which is an American business magazine, has more foreign editions than other American publications.

Yet that doesn't mean most people living in Europe would like to read such American publications; instead, they'd prefer to read The Economist, the Financial Times and their own non-English broadsheets.

Time magazine used to be a much-coveted publication in Asia; now The Economist is taking the lead in Asia. And The Economist also rails against Muslim terrorists' attempts to fire rockets into Israel. It calls for Israel and Palestine to hold talks to put paid to the conflict.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Mon 24 May, 2021 04:56 am
Quote:
Root causes of Israel-Palestine conflict must be addressed: UNRWA

The United Nations agency for Palestine refugees has urged the international community to look at the root causes of the Israel-Palestine conflict, in order to avoid future bloodshed.

Philippe Lazzarini, the commissioner-general of the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA), said on Sunday “the layers of hardship in Gaza keep getting thicker” because the very basis of the conflict has not been addressed.

Lazzarini promised to urge the international community to address “the root causes of the conflict, the occupation, the displacement, of which we had a strong reminder in East Jerusalem and Sheikh Jarrah, the blockade and the cycle of violence – this sense of normality will only be a mirage until the next conflict.”

Calling on the international community to fund UNRWA’s efforts to address urgent humanitarian needs for Palestinians, Lazzarini said his main mission after leaving Gaza will be “to ensure that stability remains in the lives of Palestine refugees in Gaza through a strong UNRWA”.

He also expressed his deep frustration at the “senseless episode of extreme violence that killed civilians, destroyed infrastructure and threw Gaza back several years.”

The commissioner-general was speaking alongside Lynn Hastings, the humanitarian coordinator for the occupied Palestinian territories, who urged Hamas and Israel to adhere to the ceasefire.

“I reiterate the Secretary-General’s call for Israeli and Palestinian leaders to revitalise serious dialogue to achieve a just and lasting solution for all,” Hastings said.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/5/24/root-causes-of-israel-palestine-conflict-must-be-addressed-unrwa
oralloy

Reply Mon 24 May, 2021 05:05 am
@revelette3,
The root cause is: the two sides cannot reach an agreement on a two-state solution.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Mon 24 May, 2021 06:05 am
An eruption of Arab-Jewish violence inside Israeli cities has focused attention on a movement of religious nationalists seeking to strengthen the Jewish presence in areas with large Arab populations.