Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 11:20 am
@oralloy,
Its palestinians' land. Deport israelis at gunpoint to the gaza strip and call it israel.
oralloy

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 11:48 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Its palestinians' land.

That is incorrect. It would have been given to the Palestinians had they accepted peace. But the Palestinians preferred to murder children, so the land was not given to them.

MontereyJack wrote:
Deport israelis at gunpoint to the gaza strip and call it israel.

Go ahead and try it. See how the IDF reacts.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 04:11 pm
From the WaPo article posted earlier

Quote:
“We want people to be able to have the freedom of opportunity, the freedom of religion, the freedom to worship, regardless of your faith,” Kushner said in the Sky News interview.

“We want all people to have dignity and to respect each other” and “be able to better their lives and not allow their grandfather’s conflict to hijack their children’s future,” he said in a reference to Palestinian demands.

Whose religious freedom is Kushner talking about here?

"Not allowing their grandfather's conflict to hijack their children's future" isn't fair and just when the Zionists' grandfather's conflict is allowed to hijack the Palestinians' children's future.
oralloy

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 04:48 pm
@InfraBlue,
Meh. I am way past caring about fairness and justice for the Palestinians.

But I think the "Zionists' grandfather's conflict" that you are referring to is the very same conflict that Kushner is saying should not be allowed to hijack anyone's future. Kushner seems to want to give the Palestinians a better life.

The Palestinians should be glad that it's not me that they're dealing with. I'd be delighted to hijack their future.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 04:48 pm
@InfraBlue,
Nice words that doesn't reflect what's going on in Palestine/Israel. They're good at talking, but most of us who have visited Israel knows better. Why must Israel have armed guards on the roads, and Palestinians with green license plates are restricted from using all the roads in the country?
oralloy

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 04:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Nice words that doesn't reflect what's going on in Palestine/Israel. They're good at talking, but most of us who have visited Israel knows better.

His words are not a reflection of current reality. They are a proposed change to make things better than they currently are.

I don't expect his proposal to go anywhere. The Palestinians clearly do not care about anything other than murdering people, so offering them a brighter future in exchange for not committing murder is going to be a nonstarter.

cicerone imposter wrote:
Why must Israel have armed guards on the roads,

To prevent Palestinians from murdering people.

cicerone imposter wrote:
and Palestinians with green license plates are restricted from using all the roads in the country?

Because due to the fact that they keep murdering people, they are not welcome in Israel.

People who are not welcome in the US are restricted from driving on US roads. Same thing.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 06:16 pm
@oralloy,
Ollie you never have told me what part of Israel you and your relatives are from.
oralloy

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 06:21 pm
@RABEL222,
A person does not have to be from Israel or have relatives there in order to oppose neonazis.

All that is required is a firm commitment to always do the right thing.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 06:32 pm
@oralloy,
Well you're just a shining beacon of humanity.
oralloy

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 06:33 pm
@InfraBlue,
Yes.

But I'm all out of patience with the Palestinians.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 07:29 pm
@oralloy,
IF you're committed to giving the palestinians their land back, you're committed to the right thing. Otherwise you're committed to one of the last benighted vestiges of European imperialism.
oralloy

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 08:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
Letting indigenous Jews live in their own homeland is hardly imperialism.

I would have supported giving the Palestinians land if they had agreed to peace with Israel in exchange for receiving that land.

The fact that the Palestinians reject peace, however, means that the Palestinians get no more land.

Land for peace meant giving Israel peace in exchange for that land. It didn't mean that the Palestinians take the land and keep on murdering people.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2019 09:33 am
@oralloy,
You really don’t know the history of Israel. Ignorance is no excuse,and you’re drowning in it. You need some fresh air. Look at the map on the land takeover over the years, and learn about the realities on the ground in Israel. You speak from total ignorance. I have been there,and talked to a Palestinian. Your posts are full of ignorance and bigotry. Education might be too late for you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2019 09:36 am
@cicerone imposter,
https://interactive.aljazeera.com/aje/2017/50-years-illegal-settlements/index.html. They’re called illegal under international laws. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_law_and_Israeli_settlements
oralloy

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2019 10:01 am
@cicerone imposter,
Israel was only required to give up land if they got peace in return.

Since the Palestinians refuse to make peace, now Israel gets to keep that land for themselves.

Most likely the future Palestinian state will be based on the Gaza Strip alone. Palestinians from the West Bank can be deported there.
oralloy

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2019 10:02 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
You really don’t know the history of Israel.

I know more about the history of Israel than you know about everything in the universe.

cicerone imposter wrote:
Ignorance is no excuse,and you’re drowning in it.

You can't point out a single thing that I'm wrong about.

cicerone imposter wrote:
Look at the map on the land takeover over the years, and learn about the realities on the ground in Israel.

I already know about the realities on the ground there. That's why it is so easy for me to correct all of your untrue statements.

cicerone imposter wrote:
You speak from total ignorance.

cicerone imposter wrote:
I have been there,and talked to a Palestinian.

That's no justification for your untrue statements.

cicerone imposter wrote:
Your posts are full of ignorance

cicerone imposter wrote:
and bigotry.

You can't point out a single instance of bigotry on my part.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2019 11:40 am
@oralloy,
Thd law,as it usually does, doesnt work the way you claim. Refugees under the law can return. Israel has blocked their return for decades. Thhe refugees are ubder no obligation to accept israels discriminattory offers to retain their right to return.
oralloy

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2019 08:13 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
The law, as it usually does, doesn't work the way you claim.

Wrong. It works exactly the way I say.

MontereyJack wrote:
Refugees under the law can return.

No law says any such thing.

MontereyJack wrote:
Israel has blocked their return for decades.

Their return is blocked forever. The end.

MontereyJack wrote:
The refugees are under no obligation to accept israels discriminatory offers to retain their right to return.

The refugees are going to have nothing but the Gaza Strip for their country. And that's what they deserve so this is a good result.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 1 May, 2019 11:16 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I know more about the history of Israel than you know about everything in the universe.
. You gave me my good laugh for today. I've traveled to 88 countries, and all across the US including Alaska and Hawaii. You're too ignorant to waste time on. BTW, I've been to Israel two times, and traveled throughout the country from Haifa/Tel Aviv/Ashdod all the way south of the Dead Sea that includes Bethlehem.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 1 May, 2019 12:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Have you noticed Ollie doesn't deny he and or his relatives are from Israel.