Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 12:44 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
International law and Israeli settlements - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/.../International_law_and_Israeli_settlements

OverviewContentsBackgroundStatus of the territoriesInternational legal opinionsLegal argumentsUnauthorized or illegal outposts

The international community considers the establishment of Israeli settlements in the Israeli-occupied territories illegal under international law. Israel maintains that they are consistent with international law because it does not agree that the Fourth Geneva Convention applies to the territories occupied in the 1967 Six-Day War. The United Nations Security Council, the United Nations General Assembly, the International Com…
See more on en.wikipedia.org · Text under CC-BY-SA license

oralloy

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 12:47 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:
Just like if Native Americans step off the reservations they forfeit their reservation land? Makes sense if you put on your evil goggles I guess.

I guess the fact that I'm one of the good guys is the reason that doesn't make sense then.

Krumple wrote:
This argument is silly. Its like you have a playground of children and their is a peace agreement between the bully's (Israel in this case) and the other children. But instead of the bully's p punching the other children they just poke them in the chest every day until they get fed up and fight back. But then the bully's claim the other children broke the peace agreement so now they are justified in punching them in the face again.

Your facts are wrong. You are the one poking Israel in the chest until they get fed up and fight back. Israel is just trying to live in peace.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 12:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The international community considers the establishment of Israeli settlements in the Israeli-occupied territories illegal under international law.

No more illegal than the Palestinians' perpetual war against Israel.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 12:53 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Your analogy is broken. Israel didn't start any of this and it goes back all the way to 1948 when Israel was created, you can't limit the understanding of a Peace Treaty to just what Israel does, you have to look at the entire history of the nation. Liberals refuse to look at the history of Israel and the wars that have been fought to destroy the Jews.

Its that you don't understand the anology. Its silly to say the Israeles were honorable and the Palestinians just couldn't play nice. They were pissed that everyday Israeli citizens were slowly expanding their fences not holding up their part of the agreement. Its documented there are hundreds of hours of footage showing Israelis moving their fences encroaching into land that didnt belong to them. What do you expect the result to be?

Its clear and blatant Israel is the bad guy in this whole thing. The land was initially stolen to begin with. It started as a crime and continues to be a crime. You can't continue to claim victimhood as a means to justify your own form of genocide.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 01:00 pm
@Krumple,
I totally agree: I've been to Israel, and Palestinians do not have equal rights in their own country - once called "Palestine". I have also seen those fences, and the one around Bethlehem is shameful.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=picture+of+fence+around+bethlehem&view=detailv2&&id=AB1CA0D15D5B3584A0D62C5A5D6E6E21623E80FF&selectedIndex=0&ccid=8TqoBuOU&simid=608019511851879680&thid=OIP.Mf13aa806e3941502418328fcb1c467d7o0

These maps shows the incroachment onto Palestinian lands.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=map+of+palestine&view=detailv2&&id=79916361D7DBB5EA1F7BB8EB55C73D13CBDC5D20&selectedIndex=0&ccid=ozpjbjDN&simid=607992135740360277&thid=OIP.Ma33a636e30cd1979c6ae5a7d1367e89fo0

Also,
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=map+of+palestine&view=detailv2&&id=A7C8E5042BF8CA9D48B90EA6CBB708CC61EB0300&selectedIndex=6&ccid=ZXaKS5ow&simid=608032718881950398&thid=OIP.M65768a4b9a30de992cc6f28a76269803o0

I have been to all the places listed on the map.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 01:03 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:
Its silly to say the Israeles were honorable and the Palestinians just couldn't play nice.

Why is it silly to state the truth?

Krumple wrote:
They were pissed that everyday Israeli citizens were slowly expanding their fences not holding up their part of the agreement.

Nonsense. There is no agreement because the Palestinians refused to ever make peace.

And if the Palestinians were interested in having that land, they would have simply agreed to peace so that it would be given to them.

The Palestinians are pissed because they are not being allowed to murder children, which is the only thing they really care about doing.

Krumple wrote:
Its documented there are hundreds of hours of footage showing Israelis moving their fences encroaching into land that didnt belong to them.

It DOES belong to them. The Palestinians refused to make peace. Now Israel gets to keep the land.

Krumple wrote:
Its clear and blatant Israel is the bad guy in this whole thing.

Wrong. The facts are very clear that Israel are entirely in the right in this.

Krumple wrote:
The land was initially stolen to begin with.

If you don't want your land to be captured by the people you are attacking, perhaps it would be a good idea to not attack them to begin with.

Krumple wrote:
It started as a crime and continues to be a crime.

No more a crime than the Palestinians' perpetual war against Israel.

Krumple wrote:
You can't continue to claim victimhood as a means to justify your own form of genocide.

Falsely accusing Jews of committing genocide is anti-Semitism of the most appalling sort. Shame on you!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 01:10 pm
oralloy, Are you an international lawyer? Do you claim to know more about international laws than the UN? Have you ever taken a class in logic?
What was your major in college?
McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 01:18 pm
@oralloy,
I enjoy your posts oralloy. But when you bring up Nazi to compare something to, you lose me right away. Please stop. There are better comparisons to be made.

I see Nazi or Hitler and this is my reaction...

...are the youtube brackets broke?

https://youtu.be/UecRfBJ2LBM
oralloy

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 01:28 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
I enjoy your posts oralloy. But when you bring up Nazi to compare something to, you lose me right away. Please stop. There are better comparisons to be made.

I see Nazi or Hitler and this is my reaction...

When an anti-Semitic attack crosses a line where it is unusually appalling even by the standards of anti-Semitism, it seems fair to me to call the people making the attack Nazis.

McGentrix wrote:
...are the youtube brackets broke?

They don't work on "youtu.be" shortcuts. You need to use "youtube.com/watch?v=".
oralloy

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 01:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
oralloy, Are you an international lawyer? Do you claim to know more about international laws than the UN? Have you ever taken a class in logic?
What was your major in college?

My facts were pretty inconvenient, weren't they?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 01:35 pm
@oralloy,
Anyone who disagrees with you is an "anti-Semite?" LOL
Your narrow mind reveals your inability to see the realities of this world.

I worked for Florsheim Shoe Company straight out of college as a Field Auditor traveling the seven western states. They promoted me to Audit Manager after 3.5 years with a hefty raise in pay, and we built a beautiful home in Naperville, a suburb of Chicago. My boss, Harry Revkin treated me well during my seven years with Florsheim.

I have also been friends with Bob Brodsky, a rocket scientist, who I met on one of my many travels. We have kept in touch until his passing in 2002.

I have traveled to Israel twice, and probably know more about that country than you do.

Baldimo

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 01:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I worked for Florsheim Shoe Company straight out of college as a Field Auditor traveling the seven western states. They promoted me to Audit Manager after 3.5 years with a hefty raise in pay, and we built a beautiful home in Naperville, a suburb of Chicago. My boss, Harry Revkin treated me well during my seven years with Florsheim.

I have also been friends with Bob Brodsky, a rocket scientist, who I met on one of my many travels. We have kept in touch until his passing in 2002.

I have traveled to Israel twice, and probably know more about that country than you do.

Isn't this the same line that you guys call out "racists" on? I'm not racist, I have black friends...
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 01:46 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Isn't this the same line that you guys call out "racists" on? I'm not racist, I have black friends...

Show me where I called anyone racist except Donald Trump?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/29/opinion/donald-trumps-bigotry.html?_r=0
oralloy

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 01:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Anyone who disagrees with you is an "anti-Semite?"

That would depend on the nature of the disagreement.

If the cause of disagreement was because they were making outrageous false accusations against Israel, and calling on people to harm Israel because of those false accusations, then yes, it would be fair to say they were an anti-Semite.

If the nature of the disagreement was because they said "2 + 2 = 7" it would be more accurate to say they were mathematically challenged.

cicerone imposter wrote:
Your narrow mind reveals your inability to see the realities of this world.

Let's see if you can point out a single fact that I'm wrong about.

cicerone imposter wrote:

I have traveled to Israel twice,

That's nice.

cicerone imposter wrote:
and probably know more about that country than you do.

Well, let's see if you can find any facts that I am wrong about.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 01:50 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
If the cause of disagreement was because they were making outrageous false accusations against Israel, ....

Those are not false accusations; they are UN statements.

You are not more knowledgeable or credible than the UN. Trust me on this one.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 01:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I could dig back through some of our interactions, but you have called me a racists on more than one occasion. It was the reason I had you on ignore for about a year and a half, I was sick of the BS you would spew about those you disagreed with being a racist. Believe me or not, I'm pretty sure my 43 year old mind has a better memory then your 80+ year old brain.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 01:52 pm
@Baldimo,
Please put me back on ignore, but before you do, please cut and paste from my post where I called you a racist. I would enjoy reliving that post.
I have admitted that my memory is no longer very dependable.
However, I did work in management positions for 88% of my working career. My memory must have been pretty good to have been promoted so often by so many of my bosses.

Our older son graduated summa cum laude, and our younger son graduated magna cum laude.
oralloy

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 02:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Those are not false accusations; they are UN statements.

The UN being chock full of Nazis, any statement that they make about Israel tends to be a false accusation by definition.

cicerone imposter wrote:
You are not more knowledgeable . . . than the UN.

I agree that the UN's false accusations are not being made in ignorance. The UN Nazis know full well that their accusations are lies.

cicerone imposter wrote:
You are not more . . . credible than the UN. Trust me on this one.

That depends. The fact that the UN is pro-Nazi while I am anti-Nazi gives me a certain moral superiority that the UN can never hope to match.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 02:10 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The UN being chock full of Nazis, ....

That speaks more about you than the UN or Nazis.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 02:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Please put me back on ignore, but before you do, please cut and paste from my post where I called you a racist. I would enjoy reliving that post.

I'll leave you off ignore, I enjoy reading your dissociated comments on subjects. I could dig back through but I had you on ignore for over a year and trying to dig those posts out is going to take more time then my non-retired self has to do. Take my word for it, you have called me and other people racists for years. The line I threw at you was one you used in the past, it's why I chose to use it on you.

Quote:
I have admitted that my memory is no longer very dependable.

I'm sure it isn't, that's why I'm not going to bother looking for the comments because I know and remember why I put you on ignore in the first place. You have mellowed out in the last year or so though, that's why I no longer have you on ignore. Your bias slips and you are more honest now.

Quote:
However, I did work in management positions for 88% of my working career. My memory must have been pretty good to have been promoted so often by so many of my bosses.

That was the past, welcome to the present. To be honest, I'm more willing to have a beer/joint with you now then I was last year. As I mentioned, you have mellowed out.

Quote:
Our older son graduated summa cum laude, and our younger son graduated magna cum laude.

These are the comments I referred to above. Not sure what you kids graduating with honors have to do with your memory and comments...

I'm an excellent driver, my kid just passed drivers ed class... See no bearing on our discussion.
0 Replies