Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2015 08:32 am
Rudy Giuliani said in 2007 when asked whether waterboarding was torture: "It depends on who does it."

In today's Israel, a person was fatally shot by the IDF, "believed to be an Arab terrorist".
Quote:
ZAKA rescue and recovery chairman Yehuda Meshi Zahav, who was at the scene, said he also initially thought the suspect was an Arab terrorist.

“When I arrived with the ZAKA team at the site of the supposed terrorist attack, it seemed to be a ‘standard’ current terrorist attack, a stabbing attempt, and the terrorist was apprehended,” he said.

“I wanted to cover the body in a black bag [reserved for terrorists]. After I was asked to take care of the body I saw that he was a Jew, and that it was mistake to speak of a terrorist. I immediately notified the police and we switched to a white ZAKA body bag.”
Source: Jerusalem Post

So, if it's an Israeli Jew, the label "terrorist" is instantly withdrawn for that reason alone, even though the conduct is the same.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2015 06:02 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Can you spell hypocrite?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 08:05 pm
Spy vs. Spy: Inside the Fraying U.S.-Israel Ties

Distrust set allies to snoop on each other after split over Iran nuclear deal; each kept secrets

by ADAM ENTOUS
Oct. 22, 2015 9:01 p.m. ET

The U.S. closely monitored Israel’s military bases and eavesdropped on secret communications in 2012, fearing its longtime ally might try to carry out a strike on Fordow, Iran’s most heavily fortified nuclear facility.

Nerves frayed at the White House after senior officials learned Israeli aircraft had flown in and out of Iran in what some believed was a dry run for a commando raid on the site. Worried that Israel might ignite a regional war, the White House sent a second aircraft carrier to the region and readied attack aircraft, a senior U.S. official said, “in case all hell broke loose.”

The two countries, nursing a mutual distrust, each had something to hide. U.S. officials hoped to restrain Israel long enough to advance negotiations on a nuclear deal with Iran that the U.S. had launched in secret. U.S. officials saw Israel’s strike preparations as an attempt to usurp American foreign policy.

Instead of talking to each other, the allies kept their intentions secret. To figure out what they weren’t being told, they turned to their spy agencies to fill gaps. They employed deception, not only against Iran, but against each other. After working in concert for nearly a decade to keep Iran from an atomic bomb, the U.S. and Israel split over the best means: diplomacy, covert action or military strikes.

more...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCQQqQIwAGoVChMIzJWwvJrZyAIVxX2ICh2xPAEq&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wsj.com%2Farticles%2Fspy-vs-spy-inside-the-fraying-u-s-israel-ties-1445562074&usg=AFQjCNH-avytOJ5osVgUJHZSgWAoDOl08Q&bvm=bv.105841590,d.cGU
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 11:41 pm
Quote:
An Israeli soldier has killed a Jewish Israeli civilian in Jerusalem after each confronted the other thinking they were an Arab attacker, reports say.

The man was shot after trying to grab the soldier's gun during a scuffle, local media say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34602287
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2015 10:42 pm
Thousands Of Israelis March In Tel Aviv Calling For Peace Talks With Palestinians
TEL AVIV, Israel, Oct. 24 (Xinhua) -- Thousands of Israelis took the streets of Tel Aviv on Saturday night, calling for new peace talks with the Palestinians, amid an international effort to quell a month-long Israeli-Palestinian wave of violence.

The protesters marched from Rabin Square in central Tel Aviv, Israel's trade capital, towards Hakirya defense compound, where the ministry of defense is located.

According to Peace Now, a left-wing organization that organized the march, about 6,000 people attended the event.

The demonstrators chanted "Jews and Arabs refuse to be enemies" and "two states for two people, Israel and Palestine."

more...

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2015-10/25/c_134746745.htm
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2015 05:22 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
The neutrality of this article is disputed.
Which part of that sentence is confusing you ?
Ionus

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2015 05:29 am
@Builder,
Quote:
The UK still has a semblance of a Free Press.
I hope you ran that past Rupert Murdoch before you wrote that .
Ionus

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2015 05:31 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
The kid threw a rock at the soldier and the soldier was only armed with a automatic weapon. You wouldent want him to take a chance of being stoned to death by an 11 year old boy.
So you want the boy shot dead...make up your mind .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2015 05:32 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I've signed it, I get updates from the PSC daily. That Nazi war criminal will not get an easy time if he tries to set foot on British soil
But the IRA war criminals can sit in your Parliament...good job .
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2015 05:48 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
The neutrality of this article is disputed.

Which part of "I don't care if Zionists dispute the truth or not" do you misunderstand?

Name a couple of your favorite "neutral news outlets", I could use some laughs. Just for the fun of it specifically name the article that offends you so much. I bet I can come up with mainstream sources for the same facts.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2015 06:25 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
I hope you ran that past Rupert Murdoch before you wrote that .

You probably missed it, but Rupert's flagship company in the UK went belly-up after being exposed for fraud.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 07:13 am
Quote:
US supermarket Walmart has caused controversy by stocking an Israeli army Halloween outfit for children.

The costume is available on the store's website for $27.44 (£17.90) ahead of Halloween this Saturday.

Some users of social media expressed outrage at the costume. It comes at a time of spiralling violence between Israel and the Palestinians.

The store's "Sheikh Fagin nose", also available on its website, has likewise drawn criticism.

The latex prosthetic nose is described on the website as being "perfect for an Arab Sheik".

Its large, hook-nosed appearance and the use of the name Fagin - referring to a character in Charles Dickens' novel Oliver Twist - appear also to play into anti-Semitic stereotypes.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) costume was also heavily criticised by many on Twitter. Walmart has not as yet reacted to the criticism.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34647238
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 07:14 am
@Builder,
Unfortunately not. The Sun and Times are both doing well as is Sky TV. It was an embarrassment, but Murdoch played the poor old fool card and got off.
Builder

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 02:49 pm
@izzythepush,
But News Limited did go belly-up, right?

Fingers in lots of pies.

Owns even the little regional rags in Australia, unfortunately. Such is the state of politics in the west; ruled by the wealthy. Chose our joke of a PM.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 03:54 pm
@Builder,
They seem to have weathered the storm, Rebekah Brooks was found not guilty, and is back in charge. In many ways nothing has changed.
Builder

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 07:18 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
In many ways nothing has changed.

Watching the global shift with President Putin's BRICS alliance is actually a total game-changer, and considering that most of Rupert's rags and TV channels are avoiding the actual news like the plague is rather telling, for mine.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 03:10 am
@Builder,
Murdoch's already got loads of money in China. The Uber rich can always deal with changing politics.

I sympathise with your position, but I think it's wishful thinking. Murdoch will die a rich man surrounded by luxury.
Builder

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 04:49 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Murdoch will die a rich man surrounded by luxury.

And yet dead he will remain.

A legacy of shenanigans both political and social.

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 03:54 pm
@izzythepush,
But he will die and be unable to take his billions with him just as I wont be able to take my hundreds with me.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2015 05:41 am
http://ei.marketwatch.com//Multimedia/2015/10/29/Photos/ZH/MW-DY142_aid_20151029210704_ZH.jpg?uuid=888075ec-7ea2-11e5-9817-0015c588e0f6