Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 07:36 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
If it was one of your little precious Palestinian Terrorists you would be screaming foul that he was even arrested .
Speaking of "Palestine Terrorists ...
http://i61.tinypic.com/15xlbx0.jpg

... one of them works for Rabbis for Human Rights (RHR), which even makes it worse.

(As an aside: those Palestinians were shielding the Israeli policewoman from rocks being thrown by Israeli settlers, according to reports in Israeli media. [Photo taken in the occupied territory by Shaul Golan for Yedioth Ahronoth].)
Ionus

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 09:07 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
You do realise it was those Palestinian terrorists who were trying to stone a woman to death...dont you ?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 10:20 pm
@Ionus,
I do realise that these reports I referred to don't mention that.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 03:12 am
@Ionus,

"Settlers" are Palestinians? Some clarification needed.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 06:58 am
Israeli Justice: Throw a Rock in Palestine, Get 20 Years in Prison

Op-Ed by Sydney Barakat
July 24, 2015

(ANTIMEDIA) As Al Jazeera reported on Tuesday, Israeli parliamentarians approved a law this week that would make it possible for Palestinian stone throwers to be sentenced up to 20 years in prison. The article explains that “Under the law, stone throwers could face 10 years in prison and up to 20 years if determined that they intended to seriously harm the occupants in a vehicle.”

All the while, Israel can breach international law and commit a multitude of war crimes, sometimes without so much as a slap on the wrist. The Israeli government can abuse, unlawfully detain, humiliate, torture and kill Palestinian civilians. It can destroy Palestinian homes, businesses, and places of worship and nobody blinks. But God forbid Palestinians defend themselves and their land with stones.

Put yourself in a Palestinian’s shoes:

You’re on your land—the land your parents raised you on, the land where your parents were raised and their parents before them. The village around you is crumbling. You’ve witnessed one Israeli airstrike after another. You’ve been awakened at night by the sound of bombs and gunfire. Your uncles and cousins have either been beaten, killed, or imprisoned by the Israeli government or extremist settlers—maybe even your mother, your father, and your siblings, too. You can see bulldozers demolishing your neighbor’s house. Much of your family and many of your friends have been displaced, as well.

You’re living— or just existing— amidst utter chaos.

Then one day you see an IDF tank not far from where you’re standing. It’s approaching you. You think of all the things—in a split second—that the Israeli government has done to you, your friends, your family, and your home. You think of the atrocities that they have committed against your people. You know what they think of you— they see you as a savage—less than human and not worthy of the same life that they’re able to live on the other side of the wall. Past experience tells you that they are coming to harass you or worse, and there’s no time to second guess. So what do you do? You pick up a stone and throw it in their direction.

You’re trying to make a statement more than you’re attempting to do any damage. You are a human while they are humans armed with tanks, guns, and batons—everything that can destroy you. But you are saying something by throwing that stone, because it’s not as though they would listen otherwise. Your gesture is the the last resort—the final option to symbolize your defiance against their occupation and everything they’ve done to establish it. You are saying, “I am here. I am Palestinian. I am human. I deserve life. This is my land, my village. Hear me, look at me. I exist.” But in their eyes you are the terrorist and it’s easy to paint you as such to the rest of the world. You’re a Palestinian, an Arab. Your role is, ultimately, to be non-existent, and until that happens, you will remain the primalistic savage— the “anti-Semite”— the terrorist.

To add insult to injury, you can now be imprisoned for a decade (or two) as they decide your fate and protect it under a law established through a false democracy. Fair, isn’t it?

Now, back to reality.

As a human being, setting aside all predispositions, ask yourself, “If I were Palestinian, is not throwing a stone the least I would do, too?” And furthermore, in doing so, is it truly worthy of being thrown in a cage until they decide to let you out?

I urge you to seek an understanding of the Palestinian plight. Think not of what you’ve been told of Israel’s (self-determined) righteousness, but instead with your heart and with an open-mind. If you imagined yourself in a Palestinian’s shoes, you would empathize deeply with their struggle.

This article (Israeli Justice: Throw a Rock in Palestine, Get 20 Years in Prison) is free and open source. You have permission to republish this article under a Creative Commons license with attribution to Sydney Barakat and theAntiMedia.org. Anti-Media Radio airs weeknights at 11pm Eastern/8pm Pacific. If you spot a typo, email [email protected].

Sydney Barakat joined Anti-Media as an independent journalist in January of 2015. Her topics of interest include foreign policy, the Middle East, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Islamic affairs, American politics, food safety, public health, police brutality, law enforcement reformation, and prison reformation. Living at her place of birth, she currently resides in Fullerton, California. Learn more about Barakat here!

Follow @TheAntiMedia1

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 06:49 am
Quote:
A Palestinian man whose child was killed in an arson attack blamed on Jewish settlers has died of his injuries.

Saad Dawabsha, 32, died in an Israeli hospital where he was being treated for second-degree burns to most of his body.

His son Ali, 18 months, died in the attack in the village of Duma in the occupied West Bank on 31 July.

His mother and his four-year-old brother remain in critical condition.

Relatives said the funeral would take place on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-33833400
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 07:06 am
@izzythepush,
Nothing but crickets from the Zionists among us.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 07:08 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Don't mention cricket to Ionus, he's going to have another one of his hissy fits.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 07:16 am
@izzythepush,
Good. Where is the little twit, anyway?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 07:20 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Probably back inside.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 02:58 pm
@McTag,
That's the conclusion of a twisted mind; lost forever.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 08:57 pm
Family: Father of toddler killed in West Bank arson has died
Source: Associated Press

Family: Father of toddler killed in West Bank arson has died
Mohammed Daraghmeh, Associated Press
Updated 1:14 am, Saturday, August 8, 2015

RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) — The father of a Palestinian toddler killed in a firebomb attack blamed on Jewish extremists has died of wounds sustained in the same incident, his family said Saturday.

In the pre-dawn attack on July 31, assailants hurled firebombs into a bedroom of the Dawabsheh family's home in the West Bank village of Duma. Ali Dawabsheh, 18 months, perished in the flames, while his 4-year-old brother and parents were seriously hurt.

Ali's uncle, Nasser, said the family received word early Saturday from Israel's Soroka Medical Center that the toddler's father, Saed, had died. Nasser Dawabsheh said the funeral would take place Saturday.

Saed Dawabsheh's death was also confirmed by Duma's mayor, Abdel Salam Dawabsheh.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Family-Father-of-toddler-killed-in-West-Bank-6432456.php
RABEL222

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 10:33 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I understand they have arrested one man who they admit wasent even there but no one who set the fire. Isralie ?justice?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 01:08 am
@RABEL222,
They've arrested someone who makes Netanyahu's propaganda struggle that bit harder. He only wants the outside world to listen to Regev's lies.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 06:11 am

Why Israel’s Security Experts Support the Iran Deal—and Iran’s Hard-Liners Don’t
Posted on Aug 7, 2015

By Joe Conason

<snip>

As Congressional Republicans seek to undermine the nuclear agreement between Iran and the international powers, they assert that hardline Islamists in the Islamic Republic are delighted with the deal while Israelis concerned over their country’s security are appalled. The same theme is now repeated constantly on Fox News Channel and throughout right-wing media.

But that message is largely false—and in very important respects, the opposite is true.

<snip>

Indeed, while vast throngs of Iranians greeted their government’s negotiators in a joyous welcome, the fanatical reactionaries in the Revolutionary Guard and the paramilitary Basij movement—which have violently repressed democratic currents in Iran—could barely control their outrage. Upon reading the terms, a Basij spokesman said last month, “We quickly realized that what we feared ... had become a reality. If Iran agrees with this, our nuclear industry will be handcuffed for many years to come.”

Hoping and perhaps praying for a veto by Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, their supreme leader, the Basijis, the right-wing media in Tehran, and their regime sponsors pointed to “red lines” that the agreement allegedly crossed.

“We will never accept it,” said Mohammed Ali Jafari, a high-ranking Revolutionary Guard commander.

Such shrill expressions of frustration should encourage everyone who understands the agreement’s real value. Iran’s “Death to America, Death to Israel” cohort hates this deal—not only because of its highly restrictive provisions, but because over the long term, it strengthens their democratic opponents and threatens their corrupt control of Iranian society.

In Israel, meanwhile, the alarmist criticism of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu—a sage whose confident predictions about Iran, Iraq, and almost everything else are reliably, totally wrong—has obscured support from actual military and intelligence leaders. Like experts in this country and around the world, the best-informed Israelis understand the deal’s imperfections very well—and support it nevertheless.

“There are no ideal agreements,” declared Ami Ayalon, a military veteran who headed the Israeli Navy and later oversaw the Jewish state’s security service, the Shin Bet. But as Ayalon explained to J.J. Goldberg of the Forward, this agreement is “the best possible alternative from Israel’s point of view, given the other available alternatives”—including the most likely alternative which is, as Obama explained, another extremely dangerous Mideast war.

Efraim Halevy, who formerly ran the Mossad, Israel’s foreign intelligence service, and later headed its National Security Council, concurs with Ayalon (and Obama). Writing in Yedioth Aharonoth, the national daily published in Tel Aviv, Halevy points out a profound contradiction in Netanyahu’s blustering complaints. Having warned that an Iranian nuclear weapon would pose a unique existential threat to Israel, how can Bibi logically reject the agreement that forestalls any bomb development for at least 15 years and increases the “breakout time” from one month to a year—even if Iran ultimately violates its commitments?

Such a deal is far preferable to no deal, the ex-Mossad chief insists, although it won’t necessarily dissuade Tehran from making trouble elsewhere. Halevy also emphasizes that no mythical “better” deal would ever win support from Russia and China, Iran’s main weapons suppliers, whose leaders have endorsed this agreement.

In short, both of these top former officials believe the agreement with Iran will enhance their nation’s security—and contrary to what Fox News Channel’s sages might claim, they represent mainstream opinion in Israel’s military and intelligence circles.

So perhaps we can safely discount the partisan demagogues and feckless opportunists who claim to be protecting the Jewish state from Barack Obama. And when someone like Mike Huckabee—who memorably escaped military service because of his “flat feet”—denounces the president for “marching Israelis to the oven door,” let’s remember the sane and serious response of Israel’s most experienced defenders.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/why_israels_security_experts_support_the_iran_deal_-_and_irans_hardliners_d
izzythepush

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 06:16 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
But as Ayalon explained to J.J. Goldberg of the Forward,

So that's what Jason's been up to, no crime fighting cats for the foreseeable future then.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 07:22 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
no crime fighting cats for the foreseeable future then.

One can only pray and wait for the crime fighting cat reality show, "To Catch a Rat".
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 02:38 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Cat vs rat: and the winner is? Wink
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 04:45 am
@cicerone imposter,
Good title. BTW have you been away for a while?
revelette2

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 06:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
I am so glad to see you. Very Happy I have heard you have been sick? If so I hope you are better.
0 Replies