Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:11 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
From the standpoint of the Palestinian concerns, their desires might be put on the back burner by Sunni nations, as they look to Israel to somehow counter a future nuclear armed Iran. In effect, Palestinian's progress to full nationhood might "be gone with the wind," for now, so to speak?

Yes and for many reasons

1) we have spent a lot of time and energy on this problem and have gotten no where. we are fatigued for the foreseeable future

2) the two groups (the jews and the arabs) dont want a solution, they want a fight to the death

3) there are a LOT of problems to deal with, this problem no longer makes the priority list

4) the Palestinians are more and more looking like the Haitians, people who dont want a better life enough to work towards one, so **** them

5) We in the West are not willing to push the Jews, we still feel guilty about the Final Solution

6) humans are all over becoming more radicalized as civilization continues to break down, all problems get more difficult to solve going forwards

7) this and a lot of our other problems would be a lot easier to solve with a global government, but we are no where near ready to set one up

8) the globe is now awash with refugees and refugee camps, the Palestinian situation is now common, making getting motivated to do anything about it harder to do
Foofie

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 04:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

5) We in the West are not willing to push the Jews, we still feel guilty about the Final Solution

The inference is that without "guilt" Jews can be moved here or there, like pieces on a chessboard? Perhaps, there are folks that just see history as a continuum, and some folks in the west finally just consider Jews part of western peoples. That wouldn't be all folks, naturally.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 04:28 pm
@Foofie,
If we did not accept the victim identity of the Jews, mostly for the final solution but also for the neighborhood we put their nation into after WW2, we would bully them like we do everyone else. But we dont. They are the girl who is always crying rape so she gets what ever she demands, no matter how unreasonable, the one who is always beating up people because she claims to feel "threatened"....and getting a pass for her abuse every time.

The abuser who can sell themselves as a victim is golden.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 04:44 pm
@izzythepush,
Hamas was created in 87. What Israel supported in the 70's was a off-shot of the Muslim Brotherhood that was doing charity work and religious education in Gaza, founded by Cheikh Yassin who later founded Hamas. I haven't seen any proof of financial support, though it's possible.

I know very well about the Lehi group, which was quite marginal. The state of Israel never negotiated with the Nazis, for obvious reasons of anachronism. Britons fight for ISIS.... Does that mean the UK government funds ISIS?

Let's keep our head cool. Netanyahu is an asshole but is not crazy. He would never fund ISIS, nor would he even NEED to. Spewing such rumours without proof just make the pro-Palestinians look foolish. Are you funded by the Mossad to do so, Izzy? ;-)
izzythepush

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 01:41 am
@Olivier5,
Lehi was so marginal that one of its leaders went on to be prime minister. Britons who join IS are arrested, they don't have any chance of being prime minister.
Leading Israeli politicians wanted to form an alliance with the Nazis, long after the events of Kristallnacht were known. They may not have been as enthusiastic collaborators as the French, but that's not saying much.

Israel funded Hamas throughout its formative pre Hamas years. Changing names doesn't alter who the people are. And if that's all you have to hide behind you've got n0 argument. Israel supported, helped and funded what became Hamas.

Quote:
In 1984, Ahmed Yassin was arrested and condemned to twelve years in prison, after the discovery of a hidden arms cache. But one year later, he was set free and resumed his activities. And when the Intifada (‘uprising’) began, in October 1987, which took the Islamists by surprise, Sheik Yassin responded by creating the Hamas (The Islamic Resistance Movement): "God is our beginning, the prophet our model, the Koran our constitution", proclaims article 7 of the charter of the organization.

Ahmed Yassin was in prison when, the Oslo accords (Declaration of Principles on Interim Self-Government) were signed in September 1993. The Hamas had rejected Oslo outright. But at that time, 70% of Palestinians had condemned the attacks on Israeli civilians. Yassin did everything in his power to undermine the Oslo accords. Even prior to Prime Minister Rabin’s death, he had the support of the Israeli government. The latter was very reluctant to implement the peace agreement.

The Hamas then launched a carefully timed campaign of attacks against civilians, one day before the meeting between Palestinian and Israeli negotiators, regarding the formal recognition of Israel by the National Palestinian Council. These events were largely instrumental in the formation of a Right wing Israeli government following the May 1996 elections.

Quite unexpectedly, Prime Minister Netanyahu ordered Sheik Ahmed Yassin to be released from prison ("on humanitarian grounds") where he was serving a life sentence. Meanwhile, Netanyahu, together with President Bill Clinton, was putting pressure on Arafat to control the Hamas. In fact, Netanyahu knew that he could rely, once more, on the Islamists to sabotage the Oslo accords. Worse still: after having expelled Yassin to Jordan, Prime Minister Netanyahu allowed him to return to Gaza, where he was welcomed triumphantly as a hero in October 1997.

Arafat was helpless in the face of these events. Moreover, because he had supported Saddam Hussein during the1991 Gulf war, (while the Hamas had cautiously abstained from taking sides), the Gulf states decided to cut off their financing of the Palestinian Authority. Meanwhile, between February and April 1998, Sheik Ahmad Yassin was able to raise several hundred million dollars, from those same countries. The the budget of The Hamas was said to be greater than that of the Palestinian Authority. These new sources of funding enabled the Islamists to effectively pursue their various charitable activities. It is estimated that one Palestinian out of three is the recipient of financial aid from the Hamas. And in this regard, Israel has done nothing to curb the inflow of money into the occupied territories.

The Hamas had built its strength through its various acts of sabotage of the peace process, in a way which was compatible with the interests of the Israeli government. In turn, the latter sought in a number of ways, to prevent the application of the Oslo accords. In other words, Hamas was fulfilling the functions for which it was originally created: to prevent the creation of a Palestinian State. And in this regard, Hamas and Ariel Sharon, see eye to eye; they are exactly on the same wave length.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/ZER403A.html
oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 03:07 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
They are the girl who is always crying rape so she gets what ever she demands, no matter how unreasonable, the one who is always beating up people because she claims to feel "threatened"....and getting a pass for her abuse every time.

The abuser who can sell themselves as a victim is golden.

Israel is not making any unreasonable demands, and is not perpetrating any abuse.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 03:08 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
2) the two groups (the jews and the arabs) dont want a solution, they want a fight to the death

The Jews have proven more than willing to make peace.

hawkeye10 wrote:

It is more that there is no need to push them, as they are not an obstacle.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 05:27 am
@izzythepush,
It's a fact that the ultra-zionist Lehi group tried to cut a deal with the Nazis during WW2 to get rid of the British in Palestine. One of their members, Shamir, later became prime minister of the state of Israel. Israel also supported the Muslim Brotherhood in Gaza in the 70's, as a counterweight to the PLO, only to see these people found Hamas in the 80's.

But it does not follow that Israel funds ISIS. That's a non sequitur. And just because ISIS may appear as useful to Israel doesn't imply that Israel funds them. I rest my case.

You behave as a useful idiot to Israel by spreading such unfounded and irrational rumours. You make Netanyahu look rational and sane in comparison. No easy feat, well done!

gungasnake

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 05:48 am
Can you look at this map and claim that I-Slam does not systematically appropriate land??

http://muslim-academy.com/http://muslim-academy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Muslim-world-and-the-Existence-of-Israel.jpg
gungasnake

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 05:50 am
Sort of like a third of the world is cursed.....

http://www.islam101.com/images/Muslim_Distribution_map.jpg
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 06:00 am
The difference 42 years makes...

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/11760283_10206113436147690_7072024652085904500_n.jpg?oh=1926e41c580b21515f84eee849ff2df0&oe=561727CA
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 06:00 am
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11214113_10206113436467698_4257645985698072808_n.jpg?oh=bb55a534f4d0a691c721ef54f91afdbc&oe=56576097
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 06:01 am
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11755848_10206113436947710_1801555781804193769_n.jpg?oh=4ae5ef21a487fd385abab7454fca0c9f&oe=5612E232
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 07:07 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

It's a fact that the ultra-zionist Lehi group tried to cut a deal with the Nazis during WW2 to get rid of the British in Palestine. One of their members, Shamir, later became prime minister of the state of Israel. Israel also supported the Muslim Brotherhood in Gaza in the 70's, as a counterweight to the PLO, only to see these people found Hamas in the 80's.

But it does not follow that Israel funds ISIS.

Finally you've realised that you can no longer deny the truth of what actually happened.

Where did I say that Israel funded IS?

I said some believe they do, and I gave reasons why. I've yet to make my mind up, but if it turned out Israel was funding IS I wouldn't be remotely surprised.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 07:15 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I said some believe they do, and I gave reasons why. I've yet to make my mind up, but if it turned out Israel was funding IS I wouldn't be remotely surprised.

Let's say they do for the sake of argument: how does Israel get the money to ISIS considering that there is no way ISIS would take money that they knew was coming from Israel? And considering that the people who run ISIS are clearly brilliant?
revelette2

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 07:19 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
But it does not follow that Israel funds ISIS. That's a non sequitur. And just because ISIS may appear as useful to Israel doesn't imply that Israel funds them. I rest my case.

Your right, it does not, it would really be surprising to find it Israel does. An interesting suggestion though.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 07:31 am
@hawkeye10,
You honestly think a terrorist group has any qualms about where its money comes from? They wouldn't want their supporters to know, but that's as far as it goes. Walter White managed to make sure his family got $9million in drug money even though they didn't want it. (Yes I know it's a story, but the principle is the same.)

How do wealthy Saudis get their money to Al Qaida for that matter? Bank accounts in tax havens and convoluted money transfers. And a nation state has even more resources and technical expertise. I don't think Mossad would have any problems sending money anywhere in the World.
Foofie

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 09:32 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You honestly think a terrorist group has any qualms about where its money comes from? They wouldn't want their supporters to know, but that's as far as it goes. Walter White managed to make sure his family got $9million in drug money even though they didn't want it. (Yes I know it's a story, but the principle is the same.)

How do wealthy Saudis get their money to Al Qaida for that matter? Bank accounts in tax havens and convoluted money transfers. And a nation state has even more resources and technical expertise. I don't think Mossad would have any problems sending money anywhere in the World.

Wow! This is the cutting edge of cosmology. With infinite multi-verses, there must be a universe that one's mind can conceptualize. Yes, there could very well be a universe where Israel is doing exactly as you are CONJECTURING. However, in this universe there are much richer nations that could fund ISIS and utilize an ISIS caliphate for their purposes (not to mention an ISIS caliphate that would want to expand into Israel). I think the problem in this conjecture is the amount of money that Israel would need, and they have higher priorities to use any money that is available. Did someone find King Solomon's mines?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 02:55 pm
@gungasnake,
I assume that you think that one Islamic person makes a whole country Islamic. If that is your defination than color the whole of the world as jewish, not just one little country.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 02:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
Well Ronny Raygun figured a way, way back in 1980 to arm terriosts. Maybe if they consulted the republicans.
0 Replies