Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 01:38 am
Georgebob loves to boast about his Nazi sympathising father, and how Gob1 himself had so much fun spraying Vietnamese kindergartens with napalm. Such filth has not place advising on truth, it doesn't know the meaning of the word.
Ionus

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 02:24 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
who pays, and will they become citizens of what ever state they are sent to?
Oil pays, and preference will be given to Jordan and Lebanon as they are really the same people anyway . Originally, the money was there for resettlement but the Palestinian Authorites wouldnt let them leave the camps . I believe most of the money was Saudi .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 02:44 am
The original Palestinians as far as the Western Press is concerned was the Jews living in the area, the other occupants were Arabs . There was a quick change of names with the birth of Israel, the Arabs became Palestinians and the Jews became Israelis . Palestine has only existed as a separate identity since just after WW1 when the British created them, though Palestine also included what we now call Jordan . The Arabs called it Southern Syria . The Romans called it Palaestina to delete any Jewish ownership . Why the British chose that name.....

Who are we to give control of the Palestinian lands to ? Fatah or Hamas ? The only way to dissolve the Palestinian Authority is to dissolve Palestine . The Israelis will win and we should resign ourselves to that fact and restore the dignity and hope for the future for the Palestinian people .

I can not imagine a scenario where the Palestinians are given their own state and the situation between them and Israel does not continue on ad nauseum .
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 03:09 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
The original Palestinians as far as the Western Press is concerned was the Jews living in the area, the other occupants were Arabs . There was a quick change of names with the birth of Israel, the Arabs became Palestinians and the Jews became Israelis . Palestine has only existed as a separate identity since just after WW1 when the British created them, though Palestine also included what we now call Jordan . The Arabs called it Southern Syria . The Romans called it Palaestina to delete any Jewish ownership . Why the British chose that name.....
At least Herzl et. al. and Jewish colonists and those promoting the colonisation called, in the 19th and early 20th century, people living there Palestinians/Arab Palestinians (depending on the Jewish publication and [Jewish] author.).
Ionus

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 04:36 am
@Walter Hinteler,
In the 19th Century it was an Ottoman province and I havent been able to find any reference to Palestine . The Ottomons had it divided between the areas for the Mutasarrifiya of Jerusalem, the Vilayet of Beirut and a special adminstrative area, as were some major cities .
The Jews referred to it as Zion .
You are right about the Herzls but did they pluck the name out of the history books ? The word Palestine is not in the Arab language, they have the word Filasṭīn which is much closer to the original Greek "phyle histia", Philistine . There doesnt seem to be a direct link from the Roman Palaestina to the modern Palestine unless it was picked up from history and imported .
Ionus

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 04:39 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
who pays,
If we take all the aid that is given to the Palestinians now and use it to buy them homes elsewhere, then the only ones upset are the Authorities who wont have the large pay packets anymore . The Authorities will have to become ordinary citizens .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 05:18 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
In the 19th Century it was an Ottoman province and I havent been able to find any reference to Palestine [...] The Jews referred to it as Zion . ...
Just a short selection:

http://i57.tinypic.com/72qgcm.jpg
Supplement to the "Jewish Press" (Jüdische Presse), [Central Organ of Misrachi]: the colonisation of Palestine (1885)

http://i58.tinypic.com/20aw3ec.jpg
(Palästina, 1st edition, first number, January 1902 (published until 1938)

http://i58.tinypic.com/20tgivt.jpg
Luaḥ erets Yiśraʾel : shimushe ṿe-sifruti
לוח ארץ ישראל
(Palestine Almanac)
Yerushalayim, 1885
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 05:47 am
@Walter Hinteler,
http://i62.tinypic.com/e0fotf.jpg
Map of Palestine . (From a Passover Haggadah printed at Amsterdam, 1695 .)
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 05:54 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
I can not imagine a scenario where the Palestinians are given their own state and the situation between them and Israel does not continue on ad nauseum .

Fact is, as long as there is a state of Israel in that area...and there are any Arabs living there also...I cannot imagine a scenario where "the situation" between Israel and the non-Jews will not continue ad nauseum.

The problem is NOT the recalcitrance of the Palestinians...or of the Jews. The problem IS ISRAEL.

The people of that area...both Jew and non-Jew got along relatively peacefully for thousands of years...UNTIL THE CREATION OF ISRAEL in the area.

Prior to the creation of Israel...non-Jews greatly outnumbered Jews in the area...and everyone lived together relatively peacefully. The non-Jews did not take advantage of their superior numbers to hound and debase the Jews. They got along okay.

How can anyone suggest that the problem is not primarily the result of the state of Israel being set up there?
Ionus

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 06:50 am
@Walter Hinteler,
So you agree the owners, the Ottomans, didnt call it Palestine . The Jews resurrected the name ? Is that what your very short sentence is supposed to mean ? This is a forum, Walt, feel free to expand on what you found . Dont leave people guessing just because you think you have found damning evidence and we all speak German and Hebrew .

What is your point ?
Ionus

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 06:54 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I think you are saying the Jews called it Palestine in 1695, but how do we know that is not a modern translation and they called it Palestine in the translation ? Unless someone speaks Hebrew and can vouch that Palestine is what it says on the actual map...
Ionus

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 06:56 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
How can anyone suggest that the problem is not primarily the result of the state of Israel being set up there?
With relative ease...that was the problem in 1948 . What is the problem in 2015 ?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 07:16 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
With relative ease...that was the problem in 1948 . What is the problem in 2015 ?

Same problem...different year.

The state of Israel in that area...IS the problem.

You are correct that a two state solution almost certainly will NEVER work.

A one state solution that requires that it not be a Jewish state MIGHT work.

A no state solution that allow the area to be open to all MIGHT also.

The last...administered by the United Nations in some way...seems to be the only way that has a real chance.

And the entity known as "the state of Israel" can, somehow, be set up somewhere else...preferably within the continental United States.

Or we could just let things go as they are right now...and accept that the final World conflict will be ignited there in the middle east.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 07:28 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
I think you are saying the Jews called it Palestine in 1695, but how do we know that is not a modern translation and they called it Palestine in the translation ?
It from a Jewish website. At has been printed various times in various other books.
"We" would know it, if "we" looked at other sources referring to it. Or trust the translation from older Jewish sources.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 07:52 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
This is a forum, Walt, feel free to expand on what you found . Dont leave people guessing just because you think you have found damning evidence and we all speak German and Hebrew .

What is your point ?
I DO know that this a forum - I'm a member of it since quite some time.

Not all Jews spoke English in the past. Especially not those, who colonised "Palästina" [English: Palestine] in the late 19th and early 20th century.
I still think that it's better to look at and post the original sources than some English translations.

But you easily can find some sources and documents in English at the Palestine Exploration Fund, founded 1865 in London ... (the biographies about Palestine by Röhrig and Tobler are in German, however Thomsen added some other languages [sources from the 4th century until 1866 resp 1877 about Palestine])
Ionus

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 07:53 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
"We" would know it, if "we" looked at other sources referring to it.
Ok Walt, whats biten your arse ? Where are these other sources and for crying out loud tell someone the point you are trying to make .

Quote:
Or trust the translation from older Jewish sources.
Which you havent shown .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 07:56 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
I'm a member of it since quite some time.
I have been a member for quite some time .

Quote:
Not all Jews spoke English in the past. Especially not those, who colonised "Palästina" [English: Palestine] in the late 19th and early 20th century.
Agreed . Wouldnt German have been far more common than English ?

Quote:
I still think that it's better to look at and post the original sources than some English translations.
Definitely agreed . And thank you for the trouble of posting them .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 08:06 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
No . Now the problem is the Palestinian people in the Occupied Territories . I have defined the problem as one that may have a solution . The state of Israel is going no where . If that truly is the problem then we are screwed .

Quote:

But the whole purpose was to create a Jewish state .

Quote:
I see that as angering both sides .

Quote:
And the entity known as "the state of Israel" can, somehow, be set up somewhere else...preferably within the continental United States.
The only thing needed was to start moving Jews into West Tasmania but WW2 interrupted . Now it is a wilderness preserve . Rhodesia was very close but it depended on the Trans-African railway which never got very far at all . Pity, because the Africans near the Zimbabwe ruins (which were built by Jewish Priests) are Jewish . You already have a million Jews in the USA, where do you plan on putting another state without civil war breaking out again ?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 08:17 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

The original purpose was
the creation of Arab and Jewish States
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 08:26 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
No .

Yes it is. In fact...YES IT IS!!!

The only thing different from what was a relatively peaceful existence between Jews and non-Jews in that area and the hostile, hateful place it is now...is the state of Israel...and the masses of non-indigenous Jews who have moved in.

Quote:
Now the problem is the Palestinian people in the Occupied Territories . I have defined the problem as one that may have a solution . The state of Israel is going no where . If that truly is the problem then we are screwed .

We are screwed then, because far and away THE major problem is the existence of the state of Israel there.

It was a relatively peaceful place before the state of Israel was conceived and created...with Jews and non-Jews living in relative harmony in the area.

The state of Israel is what has made it the problem area it is.

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah. And how has that worked out by creating it right there? Are the Jews and non-Jews getting on better now than they were? Is everything looking like it will work out just fine?

Quote:
Quote:
I see that as angering both sides .

Well, we certainly wouldn't want to do anything that might "anger" both sides...would we?

Quote:

Quote:
The only thing needed was to start moving Jews into West Tasmania but WW2 interrupted . Now it is a wilderness preserve . Rhodesia was very close but it depended on the Trans-African railway which never got very far at all . Pity, because the Africans near the Zimbabwe ruins (which were built by Jewish Priests) are Jewish . You already have a million Jews in the USA, where do you plan on putting another state without civil war breaking out again ?

Get the Israelis to buy a parcel of the state of Utah...or of New Mexico...or of Montana...or of Idaho. Chris Christie would probably allow them to buy half of New Jersey right now to get his fat ass out of the financial hot water it is in. Buy a piece of Mexico...or anywhere else. Who knows? But where it is right now is guaranteed to mean no peace...and war at every opportunity.