Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 11:00 am
@Advocate,
Germany funds quite a lot of many from the "Future for Palestine" fund in schools and education, e.g. conflict prevention in schools (though benefiting particularly those living in marginalized rural areas). The American School of Palestine is doing a very good job, too. And besides dozens of other foreign (mainly EU and US funded) schools, you find there e.g. the Arab American University ( collaboration with California State University Stanislaus) etc etc
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 11:06 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks for sharing that information; it's the first time I heard about those school sponsorships in Israel for the Palestinians.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 11:06 am
@Advocate,
Quote:

It is of little wonder that the Pals shoot down peace initiatives. Do a bit of research and you will find that the Pal educators teach children that Israelis are nothing more than pigs and vermin.

And there isn't an overwhelming sameness which exist within the Zionist state? Look, those wild-eyed settlers are terrorists. They put sand in Palestinians' gas tanks. "Israeli settlers damaged a total of 465 Palestinian-owned olive trees in the West Bank.....uprooting of 4,000 olive and citrus trees." Settlers in a passing vehicle spray tear gas at Palestinians. IDF in trucks patrolling the area will often shoot into crowds thereby intimidating these Palestinian people. The Israeli government has often sent missiles into apartment complexes seeking one individual and killing/maiming many.

Tell me, Advocate, do you expect overwhelming love and or respect to be shown to Israel after the cruelty shown to them by the settler perverts who think a god gave them the whole of Palestine?! The reason rockets are rained down on Israel is because they are occupying Palestinian territory. One cannot blame these people from fighting back and if they did not fight back I would have no respect for them. Yet, the Pals do not have an army, while in the middle East, Israel with its nuclear facility and its powerful IDF military army with the US giving them the edge in military weapons and American aid has been flowing to Israel in ever greater quantities....is the Super Power!

There really is no incentive for the Israeli government to bargain with the Palestinians with the US merely paying lip service. And yet, all is not lost. My hopes rest on the following:

http://www.islamicinvitationturkey.com/2014/04/09/boycott-israeli-settlements-palestinian-un-envoy/

"The Palestinian ambassador to the United Nations has called on the world to boycott products from illegal Israeli settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories.

“You have to get ready to start adopting laws in order not to accept or allow anything that comes from settlements, because what comes from an illegal thing is illegal,” Riyad Mansour said during a meeting of the UN Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People on Tuesday.
Mansour called on countries to follow Europe and South Africa while he referred to the Netherlands where he said five banks are not doing business with Israeli banks because they deal with settlements.

“We expect all banks in your region… to take such steps,” he said.
On March 28, in a letter to European Union foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton, 29 members of the European Parliament called for an action to discourage European companies from trading with firms based in Israeli settlements.

"The EU lawmakers say any economic relations with Israeli firms involved in settlement construction will contribute to Tel Aviv’s violation of international law and human rights abuses.

"Israel, which is facing isolation over its aggressive policies against Palestinians, is mainly under fire over its ongoing illegal settlement projects.
The EU has also blocked all grants and funding to any Israeli entity based in the illegal settlements.
More than half a million Israelis live in over 120 illegal settlements built since Israel’s occupation of the Palestinian territories of the West Bank and East al-Quds in 1967.

"Meanwhile, Mansour stated that the Palestinians would resume US-brokered talks with Israel, before they are scheduled to end on April 29, only if the Israelis are prepared to negotiate “in good faith”.

"He warned that if Tel Aviv is not ready to do so, the Palestinians would be forced “to move into the next stage of holding them accountable for all of their illegal behavior in all fronts, politically, diplomatically and legally.”
The Israeli-Palestinian Authority talks reached a new deadlock when the Tel Aviv regime refused to free the last tranche of 104 Palestinian prisoners in late March as part of a deal for the resumption of the talks.

"The move prompted acting Palestinian Authority chief Mahmoud Abbas to respond by signing letters of accession to 15 international conventions on April 1."
oralloy

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 11:26 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
The Israeli government has often sent missiles into apartment complexes seeking one individual and killing/maiming many.

Justified self defense against an aggressor who refuses to make peace.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
The reason rockets are rained down on Israel is because they are occupying Palestinian territory.

Stop lying. The rockets started after Israel offered to return to 1967 borders, had the negotiations undermined in a wave of Palestinian murders of innocent Israelis, and then tried to pull out unilaterally in a vain hope that the Palestinians would become peaceful if left to themselves.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
One cannot blame these people from fighting back and if they did not fight back I would have no respect for them.

The Palestinians are not "fighting back". They are the aggressors.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
There really is no incentive for the Israeli government to bargain with the Palestinians with the US merely paying lip service.

And yet, Israel tried to do so many many times.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
And yet, all is not lost.

You did a pretty good job of ensuring that the last-ever chance for 1967 borders was a failure.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
My hopes rest on the following:
http://www.islamicinvitationturkey.com/2014/04/09/boycott-israeli-settlements-palestinian-un-envoy/
"The Palestinian ambassador to the United Nations has called on the world to boycott products from illegal Israeli settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories.

Not surprising that an anti-Semite would place hope in anti-Semitism.

However, it is unlikely that such anti-Semitsm will take root widely. And if it does become a threat to Israel, the only result will be corresponding unilateral actions against the Palestinians.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
"He warned that if Tel Aviv is not ready to do so, the Palestinians would be forced “to move into the next stage of holding them accountable for all of their illegal behavior in all fronts, politically, diplomatically and legally.”

It is hard to see how this plot won't backfire, seeing as how almost all the war crimes are being perpetrated by the Palestinians.

It will also justify unilateral actions by Israel, such as declaring the Security Fence as Israel's permanent border and annexing all land on the Israeli side of it, or even removing the Palestinians from the West Bank and dumping them all in Gaza where they belong.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 11:29 am
@cicerone imposter,
Talitha Kumi is the largest school funded by the Evangelical Church of Germany.
The Catholic Church is the Schmidt school in Jesusalem, with satellite schools in Palestine, notably here the Beit Noah centre for Youth and Disabled Persons at the Lake Gennesaret.

The above mentioned funds and programs support mainly Palestine public schools, colleges and universities.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 11:48 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Advocate seems to have a blind spot about Israel; I wonder what he's afraid of?
He can't handle the truth, and posts lies to defend himself and the Israelis.

Does he have ethics or a conscience? I wonder.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 12:05 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

How would you describe the WB and Gaza relative to religion, since they forbid any Jew from settling there.

Why would anyone in their right mind want Zionist settlers, what with their repressive restrictions enforced on the Palestinians by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), in the West Bank and Gaza?

The truth of the matter is, however, that Israeli Jews are forbidden by the state of Israel to enter West Bank Areas designated "A". West Bank Areas "C", which make up about 60% of the west Bank are under the full control of the IDF and are restricted to Palestinians, are accessible to Israeli Jews.

There are many non-Israeli Jews that travel to the cities and towns in Area A. They generally aren't the fanatical, Uzi-wielding "Eretz Yisrael for the Jews!" types, however. They'd run into trouble there, needless to say.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 12:17 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Germany funds quite a lot of many from the "Future for Palestine" fund in schools and education, e.g. conflict prevention in schools (though benefiting particularly those living in marginalized rural areas). The American School of Palestine is doing a very good job, too. And besides dozens of other foreign (mainly EU and US funded) schools, you find there e.g. the Arab American University ( collaboration with California State University Stanislaus) etc etc

Does Germany insist that the schools eschew teaching racist and other anti-Israeli material?
Advocate

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 12:18 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Talitha Kumi is the largest school funded by the Evangelical Church of Germany.
The Catholic Church is the Schmidt school in Jesusalem, with satellite schools in Palestine, notably here the Beit Noah centre for Youth and Disabled Persons at the Lake Gennesaret.

The above mentioned funds and programs support mainly Palestine public schools, colleges and universities.

So what is your point?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 12:22 pm
@Advocate,
As you can perhaps notice, I responded to c.i.'s post .
But since you didn't - now you know it.

As a side note for you: I sincerely doubt that you can find in those schools a curriculum what you mentioned.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 12:32 pm
@Advocate,
Why do you write such rubbish? You wrote,
Quote:
Does Germany insist that the schools eschew teaching racist and other anti-Israeli material?

You question the good will of the Germans who support Palestinians schools with a negative statement that's supposed to do what? Where did you learn such rubbish? Can't you do a web search yourself before you make negative comments about others?

You've fallen off the deep end; your perceptions are so screwed up, you don't know what you post on this forum (and topic).
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 12:37 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:
Neither does Germany (or the USA or the EU with their similar programs) do so nor is it part of those programs.

Do you have other informations for the USA? (I can only cite from the German and EU programs. And know only personally of those by the two Christian churches.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 12:43 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
It's now in the media outside Israel as well.

Netanyahu pushes to define Israel as nation state of Jewish people only
Quote:
Binyamin Netanyahu will push ahead with a rare change to Israel's basic laws – which amount to the country's constitution – to insist Israel is "the nation state of one people only – the Jewish people – and of no other people".

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 12:59 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Just goes to show how the government of the US is party to this international crime. It should be no surprise to anyone what Israel's intentions have been over the many decades this issue has been discussed and argued upon.

As the long time super power of the world, the US is the worst example of it. They prefer money and politics over ethics and international laws.

No wonder this world is so screwed up!
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 01:06 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The Palestinians are not defending themselves because they are not under attack.

Evidently, they are under some wrong impression that they are under siege and stolen land that belongs to them. Why don't you go and explain to them it's all a big misunderstanding?
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 02:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Advocate seems to have a blind spot about Israel; I wonder what he's afraid of?
He can't handle the truth, and posts lies to defend himself and the Israelis.

Ummm, Ci, I have strained much mental effort trying to comprehend Advocate's responses. There is a Jewish Professor in my Department who is wholeheartedly enthusiastic and loyal towards Israel. He is 69 years old and born in America. However, many of his family descended from Poland; he lost many relatives in the Holocaust. The kernel of this seeming to need and protect Israel by the Jewish-American born appear to be rooted in the Holocaust, the fact that Europe, a most advanced continent, that produced geniuses like Albert Einstein and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, etc., could turn against the Jewish people, actively sought to annihilate the entire body of Jews.

There have been many human atrocities since the beginning of mankind's civilization, but the Holocaust (in my personal opinion and some others) is unique in man's inhumanity to man and stands alone. The fear, among many survivors, may pass from generation to generation and is motivated by deep-rooted insecurity.......that what came about in 1933 at the rise of Hitler, might very well happen again in any country. All that's needed is to have a leader who can tap into the dark side of our species. Jewish-Americans are for the most part, a very prosperous and influential ethnic group; many are wealthy, although a minority has been on welfare at one time. Only a handful will vote Republican; most Jewish-Americans vote Democratic.

Quote:

Does he have ethics or a conscience? I wonder.

We know absolutely nothing about Advocate's life experiences, or what shapes his protective attitude towards Israel. We only see his fierce loyalty to the rogue nation even in the face of what appear to be just plain commonsense. I don't think "ethics" (too complex) play a role here and I think his defense possibly is instinctive. But then again, I could be wrong. Advocate sees clearly other subject threads and responds intellectually..... he possesses an unusually active mind so it must be something else you and I are unable to comprehend. Alas, the one professor in my department is just like Advocate, but he's explained his defense this way: "history has a way of repeating itself."
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 02:39 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
I've made tours with American Jews through my native town and a near-by concentration camp. The younger ones are more open then the older generation in my experience.

Jews here in Germany, including those, who survived the Holocaust, seem to be a bit different, not only wealth related.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 02:45 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
There were other atrocities since the holocaust. I was in Cambodia last month, and we visited the Killing Fields and prison S21. The atrocities (genocide) perpetrated against their own people under Po Pot reduced their population by 25% (over two million men, women and children), and that's more recent than the holocaust.

If we look at the histories of Russia, China, Japan, and some other countries, we can find leaders who have perpetrated atrocities against their own and on other peoples.

The 30 worst blood-letting in the 20th century.
http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/atrox.htm

Iraq's tribal wars have been going on for over a thousand years.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 5 May, 2014 03:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
There were other atrocities since the holocaust. I was in Cambodia last month, and we visited the Killing Fields and prison S21. The atrocities (genocide) perpetrated against their own people under Po Pot reduced their population by 25% (over two million men, women and children), and that's more recent than the holocaust.

If we look at the histories of Russia, China, Japan, and some other countries, we can find leaders who have perpetrated atrocities against their own and on other peoples.

The 30 worst blood-letting in the 20th century.
http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/atrox.htm

Iraq's tribal wars have been going on for over a thousand years.
______

I hear you loud and clear, Ci. Please do not misunderstand me…..I'm not trying to make excuses for Advocate but desperately trying to understand why someone who is obviously intelligent is so perversely blind! In my previous response to you I mentioned that the "Holocaust was unique" within the annals of man's inhumanity to man."….That was my *personal* observation along with some others who agree. One of the reasons for my research of the Holocaust was because of my ethnic Jewish grandfather who lost relatives left and right during that horrible period. He was glad that Israel had a home for Jews because he believed that it could happen again. Maybe Advocate is protective of Israel even when he see they are wrong. That is my only rationalization although it remains not too credible in the eyes of some.

Now, on a personal note, I have strong convictions regarding Israeli occupation of the Territories and strongly object to Bibi Netanyahu and his right-wing cronies not only in Israel but the Israeli occupied United States congress. The US members of congress, paid for by AIPAC, cannot be objective partners in the Middle East, and as long as the US remains Israel's benefactor, THERE WILL NEVER BE A RESOLUTION OF THE CONFLICT THERE!. Even the president can only go so far in criticizing Israel without a counterblast. They, the US, should get out of the Peace Talks and allow the Europeans to take over completely.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 5 May, 2014 03:30 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
And the U S of A should suspend military money and assistance until they remove themselves from palistianian territory. That will happen about the time hell freezes over.
0 Replies