Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 03:20 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

How would you describe the WB and Gaza relative to religion, since they forbid any Jew from settling there.
My quoted newspaper article and to what it related was about Jewish citizens, nationals of Israel, with an Israel passport and nominally all rights like any other other Israeli citizen.
It affects any Israeli citizen outside the Jewish religion.
Advocate

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 06:50 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Advocate wrote:

How would you describe the WB and Gaza relative to religion, since they forbid any Jew from settling there.
My quoted newspaper article and to what it related was about Jewish citizens, nationals of Israel, with an Israel passport and nominally all rights like any other other Israeli citizen.
It affects any Israeli citizen outside the Jewish religion.

You are ducking the fact that the Palestinians practice apartheid.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 06:54 pm
@Advocate,
You wrote,
Quote:

Against what minority? Please PROVIDE CREDIBLE SOURCE FOR YOUR CLAIM.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 11:24 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:
Well, no. I quoted a newspaper report - which actually just mirrored what Israeli papers published as well.

It wasn't about Palestine but Israel, the Israeli constitution and Israeli citizens.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 08:51 am
@Advocate,
Quote:

How is that so?
Advocate

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 09:04 am
@Olivier5,
The Palestinians will allow no Jew to live or settle in its territories. In fact, it appears that any Jew there will be promptly attacked and murdered. I think that is an extreme aspect of apartheid.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 09:08 am
@Advocate,
Looks more like an invaded people trying to repel the invaders...
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 09:15 am
@Advocate,
Today, according to Israeli papers, Prime minister Netanyahu said: "Israel is home to one people - Jewish." (The state itself was the homeland of just the Jewish people and should be enshrined as such, elaborating on his proposal last week to enact legislation to define Israel as the nation-state of the Jewish people.)
Advocate

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 09:16 am
@Olivier5,
It looks to me that the Pals are the murderous invaders.
Advocate

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 09:20 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Today, according to Israeli papers, Prime minister Netanyahu said: "Israel is home to one people - Jewish." (The state itself was the homeland of just the Jewish people and should be enshrined as such, elaborating on his proposal last week to enact legislation to define Israel as the nation-state of the Jewish people.)

Assuming that there is such a piece, and it says what you say it does, he is incorrect. Israel is the home of people of many religions.

Remember that this is not a discussion of Israel. This thread is about the WB and Gaza, the home modern-day apartheid.
Olivier5

@Advocate,
Really? I mean, hyperbole aside... the pals are entitled to defend themselves, aren't they?
Walter Hinteler

@Walter Hinteler,
Justice Minister Tzipi Livni (and her coalition party, Hatnuah) is still highly critical of the move.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 09:22 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

Remember that this is not a discussion of Israel. This thread is about the WB and Gaza, the home modern-day apartheid.
I suggest that you look again at what the creator of this thread wrote ...
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 09:22 am
@Advocate,
Quote:

Really, Advocate?! Surely YOU do not honestly believe this!? You are a quite the complex poster. True, there is more to an individual than just one's viewpoint but you seem to throw all reasonableness out of the equation when it comes to Israeli illegal occupation and continued building of settlements.

How can you logically state with a clear conscience Palestinians are practicing apartheid when they do not even have a state and Israel's persistent building of settlements continues..... stealing more and more of what meager land the Palestinian still possess?! In 1948, the UN gave Israel 56% of the land, but Israel wants it all!!!! In Saudia Arabia, the Royal Kingdom has a law against Jews entering, but this is only and because of Israel's occupation of the Palestinian territories. That Saudi Arabia policy is NOT apartheid. The Arab League has promised they would collectively recognize Israel if they return to their '67 borders. Israel's position to date has been to continue building settlements.

The other day, Secy of State, Kerry, mentioned the strong possibility that without resolving the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, Israel will be seen as an apartheid country. He was SPOT on! However, the backlash after Kerry's words created a congressional atmosphere Kerry had suggested Israel be blown off the face of the map. (Of course we must bear in mind "most" House and Senate Members are paid handsomely by AIPAC and other pro-Jewish groups to be pro-Israel. Take away these Jewish heavy contributions and support for the Zionist nation would be just a political dribble.....Israel might then have to abide by the laws of the UN.) Our US political justice system is broken, badly!.....One member of the US congress suggested Kerry be impeached for uttering the world "apartheid" when there are those in the Israeli government who have suggested such.

You and I, including the entire world, are cognizant of the low status in which the Israeli government holds Palestinians and this is why Israel's actions doesn't augur well for a secured future.

In many ways, Advocate, you and I are in sync on some basic social and political issues. I observe your stance regarding the Obama administration, your close scrutiny of Bridgegate; you see the many political obstacles and are not afraid to speak up. I admire that in you--more than you realize. Therefore, it comes with much disappointment to see you stand the truth regarding Israeli settlements on its head....especially seeing as how you are not an undiscerning poster.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 09:26 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:
Israel is the home of people of many religions.
Quoting what Netanyahu said today: "Israel's status as the nation-state of the Jewish people is not given sufficient expression in our Basic Laws, and this is what the proposed Basic Law is meant to do."
oralloy

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 09:27 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Really? I mean, hyperbole aside... the pals are entitled to defend themselves, aren't they?

The Palestinians are not defending themselves because they are not under attack.

What the Palestinians are doing is aggressively attacking people who have repeatedly tried to make peace with them.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 09:38 am
@oralloy,
You wrote,
Quote:
The Palestinians are not defending themselves because they are not under attack.

Oh? That they don't enjoy equal freedoms as the Jews. and that their lands are being stolen is not a cause to fight back?

Since when? Give us a history of any country where such is happening besides Israel?
oralloy

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 09:49 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
Israel's persistent building of settlements continues..... stealing more and more of what meager land the Palestinian still possess?!

As usual, you are spewing nothing but lies. The settlements are not being built on lands that the Palestinians possess.

I congratulate you though on your success in helping the Palestinians derail the peace process again. You must be quite pleased with yourself.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
The Arab League has promised they would collectively recognize Israel if they return to their '67 borders. Israel's position to date has been to continue building settlements.

Israel has offered many times to return to 1967 borders, only to have the negotiations repeatedly fail under a wave of Palestinian murders of innocent Israelis.

And just recently, Secretary Kerry managed a miracle and brought us closer to an agreement for 1967 borders than we'd been in more than a decade.

The Palestinians reacted by having their anti-Semitic sycophants (including you I might add) spew lie after anti-Semitic lie until the entire atmosphere of hope had been dashed.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
The other day, Secy of State, Kerry, mentioned the strong possibility that without resolving the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, Israel will be seen as an apartheid country. He was SPOT on!

Not really. All Israel would have to do is declare the Security Fence as their permanent border and that would be the end of that anti-Semitic lie.

Better yet to remove the Palestinians from the West Bank and dump them all in Gaza where they belong.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
Take away these Jewish heavy contributions and support for the Zionist nation would be just a political dribble.....

Wrong. The majority of Americans do not share your vile anti-Semitism.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
Israel might then have to abide by the laws of the UN.)

Israel already abides by UN resolutions just as much as their Arab neighbors do.

And your fantasy that "lack of US support would result in a defeat for Israel" is just a delusion. If Israel did not have US support, all they would need to do is be more proactive about keeping their neighbors weaker than they are.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
You and I, including the entire world, are cognizant of the low status in which the Israeli government holds Palestinians and this is why Israel's actions doesn't augur well for a secured future.

Israel's security is fine. If the Palestinian presence on the West Bank becomes a serious threat to Israel, West Bank Palestinians are all going to find themselves suddenly living in Gaza.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 10:24 am
@Walter Hinteler,
From Haaretz (01.05.14)
Quote:
Of the current population, 75 percent are Jews (6.13 million,) 20.7 percent are Arabs (1.69 million) and 4.3 percent (351,000) are defined as "others," primarily Christians who aren't Arabs, other religions and people without religion.
[...]

Seventy-five percent of the Jewish population was born in Israel and 50% of them are second-generation Israelis. In 1948, only 35% of the Jewish population was born in Israel.
I wonder why Christian Arabs aren't noted as Christians, even Theophilos III, Patriarch of the Holy City of Jerusalem and all Palestine is a Palestine Christian (aka 'Arab') and Israeli citizen.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 10:33 am
@cicerone imposter,
It is of little wonder that the Pals shoot down peace initiatives. Do a bit of research and you will find that the Pal educators teach children that Israelis are nothing more than pigs and vermin. The children are taught to revere suicide bombers, including child bombers. Of course, in Pal society, no deviation of such teachings is permitted. Thus, it is hard to believe that there will ever be peace in the area.