Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

McTag

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 12:22 pm
@Foofie,

Quote:
Now lets solicit responses from both groups of friends to see who likes you more? Just kidding.

The Jews are more demonstrative, so it's probably them. Smile Wink
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 12:29 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
Oralloy, there is no doubt from your vile posts here

Yes, it's really a travesty when I defend the innocent people that you freaks try to lynch.

Rolling Eyes

McTag wrote:
here that the worst excesses of the Nazi regime are not beyond you.
So you are worse. You are a disgrace to humanity.
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this.

It's silly when you freaks falsely accuse me of your own scumbagery though.

Laughing
Walter Hinteler

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 12:34 pm
@Foofie,
[quote="Foofie"So was eating fish on Friday; however, some Catholics just feel comfortable not eating meat on Friday. Tradition?
[/quote]When the meatless-Friday became derelict in the 60's, the fish and the poultry industry protested ...
Walter Hinteler

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 12:41 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:
If baptized a Catholic, you remain a "baptized Catholic", until you convert to Judaism, which under most circumstance will involve a mikvah emersion, or if you will "an undoing of the Catholic baptism".
Not according to the Canon Law.
McTag

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 01:44 pm
@oralloy,

Attack is not always the best defence, and your pathetic efforts here show that clearly. Neo-nazis like you cannot hope to hide your true nature by accusing others of your own faults.
oralloy

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 01:57 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
Attack is not always the best defence,

You're babbling.

McTag wrote:
and your pathetic efforts here

You freaks don't like it when decent people don't let you lynch the innocent, huh?

Oh well.

McTag wrote:
Neo-nazis like you

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own Naziism.

McTag wrote:
hide your true nature by accusing others of your own faults.

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own hypocrisy and dishonesty.
McTag

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 02:27 pm
@oralloy,

Quote:
your betters

I already explained to you, in terms even you could understand, how the common cockroach is better than you.

Or you worse than it: you can look at it either way.
RABEL222

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 02:38 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Isent poultry considered meat in Germany? As I remember it I wasent allowed to eat poultry on Friday.
oralloy

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 02:39 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
I already explained to you, in terms even you could understand, how the common cockroach is better than you.
Or you worse than it: you can look at it either way.

You Nazis get childish when people stand up to you.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 02:40 pm
@McTag,
Isent this an insult to cockroaches equating Oralloy with them.
oralloy

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 02:52 pm
@RABEL222,
Pipe down, retard.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 03:05 pm
@RABEL222,
Yes, it is - I should have said "egg producers"
0 Replies

korkamann

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 04:34 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

There is no correlation between "race" and performance on IQ tests.

There is however a correlation between the opportunities someone is given and the expectations that people have of them, and how they perform.

That is correct. Exposure and environment play a supporting role in IQ tests. The idea that cultural and social differences stem from or are determined by biological differences, an idea that came to a tragic harvest in recent years, has a long history.

As a biological concept, race refers to a number of people who possess common inherited characteristics. Most racial classifications are based on external physical traits: color of the skin, hair and eyes, head form, type of hair, contours of the nose and jaw, height, body build, amount of body hair.

The racial interpretation of social and cultural variation asserts that these biological characteristic account for the level and nature of a particular culture, the form of government, or the frequency of various patterns of behavior. According to such theories, European civilization was superior to that of the rest of the world because of the innate superiority of the white man. African Americans have a higher rate of venereal disease and illegitimacy in the United States than whites, such a theory holds, because of their innate immorality. Whatever distinct qualities are attributed to the Jews (who have been identified both as evil capitalists and evil Communists, as a menace to others because they are superior or because they are inferior) are traced to hereditary capabilities. Such theories gain a seeming plausibility because there are some empirical correlations between racial characteristics and culture social forms.

It is possible to point to actual differences in behavior, beliefs, values and social organization between groups that are racially more or less distinct, between tall, blond, blue eyed Nordics and short, dark brown-eyed Mediterraneans, between Europeans and black Africans, between yellow-skinned Chinese and white-skinned Americans. It is then an easy, though not legitimate, step from these obvious facts to the conclusion that racial traits determine cultural and social characteristics.

Anthropological, sociological and historical data provide overwhelming testimony that similar cultures can be found among peoples with very different physical characteristics, and that culture and social organization can change quickly without any corresponding change in racial identity. Popular conceptions of race must therefore be distinguished from the tested knowledge arrived at through scientific investigation.

Biologists and physical anthropologists seek to discover the genetic character of human races, insofar as they exist, and to find out whether race possess any distinctive traits or abilities.

There are, it appears, racially linked traits; for example, only blacks can suffer from a disease called sickle cell anemia, but as we have seen there is little evidence that skin color, hair form or any of the other attributes that have been thus examined exert any determining influence on culture or social organization.

The ideas to which men have subscribed however, have played a very important historical role. Although they do not constitute the total explanation for the extermination of six million Jews by the Nazis who considered Jews an inferior race or of racial segregation in the United States, England, the Union of South Africa, and elsewhere, racial––or perhaps more accurately, racist ideologies can justify or rationalize the treatment of particular racial and ethnic groups.
cicerone imposter

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 04:54 pm
@korkamann,
I agree with almost everything you have stated about race/culture. The only stats that continues to change is height. I believe it has to do with environment and culture, and the foods one eats.

Good posts all around.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 05:04 pm
@korkamann,
korkamann wrote:

Quote:

There is no correlation between "race" and performance on IQ tests.

There is however a correlation between the opportunities someone is given and the expectations that people have of them, and how they perform.

That is correct. Exposure and environment play a supporting role in IQ tests. The idea that cultural and social differences stem from or are determined by biological differences, an idea that came to a tragic harvest in recent years, has a long history.

As a biological concept, race refers to a number of people who possess common inherited characteristics. Most racial classifications are based on external physical traits: color of the skin, hair and eyes, head form, type of hair, contours of the nose and jaw, height, body build, amount of body hair.

The racial interpretation of social and cultural variation asserts that these biological characteristic account for the level and nature of a particular culture, the form of government, or the frequency of various patterns of behavior. According to such theories, European civilization was superior to that of the rest of the world because of the innate superiority of the white man. African Americans have a higher rate of venereal disease and illegitimacy in the United States than whites, such a theory holds, because of their innate immorality. Whatever distinct qualities are attributed to the Jews (who have been identified both as evil capitalists and evil Communists, as a menace to others because they are superior or because they are inferior) are traced to hereditary capabilities. Such theories gain a seeming plausibility because there are some empirical correlations between racial characteristics and culture social forms.

It is possible to point to actual differences in behavior, beliefs, values and social organization between groups that are racially more or less distinct, between tall, blond, blue eyed Nordics and short, dark brown-eyed Mediterraneans, between Europeans and black Africans, between yellow-skinned Chinese and white-skinned Americans. It is then an easy, though not legitimate, step from these obvious facts to the conclusion that racial traits determine cultural and social characteristics.

Anthropological, sociological and historical data provide overwhelming testimony that similar cultures can be found among peoples with very different physical characteristics, and that culture and social organization can change quickly without any corresponding change in racial identity. Popular conceptions of race must therefore be distinguished from the tested knowledge arrived at through scientific investigation.

Biologists and physical anthropologists seek to discover the genetic character of human races, insofar as they exist, and to find out whether race possess any distinctive traits or abilities.

There are, it appears, racially linked traits; for example, only blacks can suffer from a disease called sickle cell anemia, but as we have seen there is little evidence that skin color, hair form or any of the other attributes that have been thus examined exert any determining influence on culture or social organization.

The ideas to which men have subscribed however, have played a very important historical role. Although they do not constitute the total explanation for the extermination of six million Jews by the Nazis who considered Jews an inferior race or of racial segregation in the United States, England, the Union of South Africa, and elsewhere, racial––or perhaps more accurately, racist ideologies can justify or rationalize the treatment of particular racial and ethnic groups.

Why do you suppose blacks dominate many sports in the US?

Of the 22 starters on an American football team...often 15 are blacks...and only 7 white. Occasionally the mix is less skewed...but many times it is even greater.
cicerone imposter

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 05:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I doubt very much the fact that blacks seems to dominate sports is based on their race, but simply based on practice, practice, practice, practice..... you get the idea. It doesn't matter which race or culture, the individual who puts in the most effort and have the mental and physical stamina usually wins in sports.

If one looks at all the sports, different race and cultures are the super stars, and they usually change from season to season.
korkamann

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 05:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

They do tend to dominate this field, but according to the 70s sitcom "All in the Family" Archie Bunker said it was because in Africa, "blacks were used to running from Lions and other wild animals." Very Happy

I see where you're going, you are implying blacks have superior physical strength but whites have superior mental powers. I do not believe that. Take a middle class black with the same opportunities as a white middle class white and there is no difference in intelligence. Deny these opportunities to minorities and they might have a more difficult time catching up because they have not been exposed to the tools which would help him develop his true mental potential. Thus, you have the cultural branding of blacks, low IQ.
Frank Apisa

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 05:52 pm
@korkamann,
korkamann wrote:

Quote:

They do tend to dominate this field, but according to the 70s sitcom "All in the Family" Archie Bunker said it was because in Africa, "blacks were used to running from Lions and other wild animals." Very Happy

I see where you're going, you are implying blacks have superior physical strength but whites have superior mental powers.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I am implying that...and that kind of thought is not part of me.

I asked a question...that is all.

I am not the kind of person to suppose that blacks are inferior intellectually...and I suspect they are not.

But they certainly seem to be superior athletically...and I am wondering about your take on the reasons.

If you want to answer, fine. If you don't...also fine. But don't start with that kind of speculation...because it is way off base.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 05:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I doubt very much the fact that blacks seems to dominate sports is based on their race, but simply based on practice, practice, practice, practice..... you get the idea. It doesn't matter which race or culture, the individual who puts in the most effort and have the mental and physical stamina usually wins in sports.

If one looks at all the sports, different race and cultures are the super stars, and they usually change from season to season.

ci, do you think white players do not practice as much as blacks. Do you think white players do not have as much desire to succeed and excel as blacks?

There is something very unusual about the fact that blacks dominate...and if it is as you say because of "practice, practice, practice"...then change my question to: Why are blacks more motivated to practice than whites?
cicerone imposter

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 05:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Those who do practice and have the mental and physical discipline play very well.