Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

Walter Hinteler

Wed 18 Dec, 2013 01:13 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Then many U.S. Jews are Catholics, due to being baptized in hospital at birth, since an infant, in an emergency, can be baptized by a lay person (aka, nurse). If a Jewish infant got sick and died, a caring nurse did not want the infant to rot in limbo. So, one can think of U.S. Jews as a sect of Catholics?
Under Canon Law everyone baptised as described there is a Roman Catholic. I think that such is similar within all churches where baptism is a sacrament.
Foofie

Wed 18 Dec, 2013 01:26 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Foofie wrote:
Then many U.S. Jews are Catholics, due to being baptized in hospital at birth, since an infant, in an emergency, can be baptized by a lay person (aka, nurse). If a Jewish infant got sick and died, a caring nurse did not want the infant to rot in limbo. So, one can think of U.S. Jews as a sect of Catholics?
Under Canon Law everyone baptised as described there is a Roman Catholic. I think that such is similar within all churches where baptism is a sacrament.

However, if the baptized infant then is raised in a Jewish home, subscribing to Judaism, then what do you call the infant/child/adult? A lapsed Catholic? An apostate Catholic? A hostage Jew? A hostage Catholic?

I assume I was baptized when/where I was born, by a nurse most likely, since I would think it was done out of caring for my not rotting in limbo, if I became sick and died. If there is a Heaven, I would prefer to be in a part of Heaven that was not the Catholic section. Can I request that at the Pearly Gates? Many Catholics have this annoying habit, in my opinion, of often boasting about how humble (aka, poor) their early lives were. Can I request the Protestant section of Heaven? Or, is their a section of Heaven for Atheists?

Then there is the whole problem about my wanting to be in the American section of Heaven. I really don't care to hear foreign languages. Especially French. It is so much easier in Judaim, since they do not claim any authentic knowledge of Salvation, other than the Orthodox belief in Resurrection at the End of Times.

cicerone imposter

Wed 18 Dec, 2013 01:31 pm
@Foofie,
As an infant, you had no control over what your parents or anybody else did that you disagree with as an adult. If there's no documentation of the event, why are you so worried about it? Guilt? For what?
Walter Hinteler

Wed 18 Dec, 2013 02:46 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
However, if the baptized infant then is raised in a Jewish home, subscribing to Judaism, then what do you call the infant/child/adult? A lapsed Catholic? An apostate Catholic? A hostage Jew? A hostage Catholic?
You focus on Catholicism. That's done the very same in other churches which have the baptism as sacrament.

You call those ... with that name from which religious site you look on it.
And I doubt that anyone who lives under the jurisdiction of a different church/religion to the one from which she/he got the baptism bothers about laws/rulings/commandments etc from the former.

But if such so important for you - you should ask someone who got a degree in church law.
RABEL222

Wed 18 Dec, 2013 03:11 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I thought the limbo thing for babies was deleted.?
Walter Hinteler

Wed 18 Dec, 2013 03:25 pm
@RABEL222,
Sorry, I didn't mention limbo at all - I just was writing about baptism in those churches which have sacraments.

For the Roman Catholic Church that's regulated in Cann. 849 - 878.
The Evangelical Church of Germany (a federation of 22 Lutheran, United Protestant [Prussian Union] and Reformed [Calvinist] Protestant regional churches) regulates that in ยงยง 6 - 11 KMG.
The Union of Evangelical Churches (an organisation of 13 United and Reformed evangelical churches in Germany) has those laws a bit spread over their law books (232 - 246, and more detailed in 785 of "Geltendes Recht" (law of the church)

I'm rather sure that the other churches have similar laws.
cicerone imposter

Wed 18 Dec, 2013 04:11 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I do not believe any 'democratic' country's policy will challenge an individual's religious choice as an adult, and will not hold that person responsible when they were not of legal age when their parents or others baptized them.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 18 Dec, 2013 04:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
These 'laws' are regulating 'society' within a church.

Civil laws have little to do with that (you can choose your kind of religion or non-religion from the age of 14 onwards in Germany).
cicerone imposter

Wed 18 Dec, 2013 04:30 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
The thing about religious' belief is that any one individual can switch from any religion to another at will no matter where that individual is registered (church).

In democracies, church and government records are separate except in the case of marriage or death.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 12:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Your right. You dident mention limbo, Foofey did.
0 Replies

McTag

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 01:57 am
@Foofie,

Quote:
The "reply" has become a joke amongst those that are aware of the inference of the reply in the movie. It might be better for one to say that one has both Jewish and non-Jewish friends.

I was not aware of the film, so no inference should be drawn from my remark other than the primary meaning. I have got other good friends who are not Jews of course, and some who are.
McTag

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 02:06 am
@oralloy,

Quote:
You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters

You evil twisted little person, shall I compare thee to a cockroach? No, because a cockroach only eats and shits and scuttles. It just gets on with its cockroachery.

You, on the other hand, have been given the gift of reason, and of choice. And you choose wilfully to misuse those gifts, and choose to behave worse than a cockroach.
McTag

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 02:10 am
@oralloy,

Quote:
That does not justify your evil anti-Semitic lies, you vile Nazi scum.

Oralloy, we have read your thoughts and opinions, and we know what you would like to do with the Palestinians in Palestine.

Can you explain to us therefore, because I have got a problem understanding this, what exactly is the difference between your attitude to the Palestinians and the Nazis towards the Jews in 1930s Germany?
oralloy

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 04:31 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
You evil twisted little person, shall I compare thee to a cockroach? No, because a cockroach only eats and shits and scuttles. It just gets on with its cockroachery.
You, on the other hand, have been given the gift of reason, and of choice. And you choose wilfully to misuse those gifts, and choose to behave worse than a cockroach.

You evil scumbags sure do like falsely accusing good people of committing your own atrocities.

When the Italians release Rudy Guede, I hope he ends up crawling through the bedroom window of someone you love.
oralloy

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 04:31 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
Oralloy, we have read your thoughts and opinions, and we know what you would like to do with the Palestinians in Palestine.

Can you explain to us therefore, because I have got a problem understanding this, what exactly is the difference between your attitude to the Palestinians and the Nazis towards the Jews in 1930s Germany?

I already explained that difference very clearly a few pages back, when I responded to one of your outrageous posts making similar allegations against Israel.

If you missed it the first time, here is a cut-n-paste of that explanation:
Quote:
Your fellow Nazis didn't "clear people out of the way". They outright murdered them.

And the people that your fellow Nazis murdered, had never done anything to harm anyone.

Israel has repeatedly offered 1967 borders to the Palestinians if only they would finally make peace with Israel, and the Palestinians always refuse to make peace.

The only reason the Palestinians have to be cleared off the West Bank is because there is simply no other way to prevent them from murdering innocent Israelis.

And no one is going to murder the Palestinians the way your fellow Nazis murdered millions of innocents. The Palestinians are simply going to be scooped up and deposited in the Gaza Strip.
McTag

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 04:50 am
@oralloy,

Quote:
good people

Who dat? Where?
0 Replies

korkamann

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 09:49 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

And no one is going to murder the Palestinians the way your fellow Nazis murdered millions of innocents. The Palestinians are simply going to be scooped up and deposited in the Gaza Strip.

Uh-uh! Your theory will not work, Oral. The high-ranking Nazi mass murderer Heydrich, was one of the planners of Hitler's Final Solution. A network of over 40,000 facilities in Germany and German-occupied territory were used to concentrate, hold, and kill Jews and other victims with a majority in Poland. It did not begin with the aim at executing all Jews (the Nazis wanted them out of Europe) but with so many Jews in one area, lack of decent sanitation, very little soap, no decent food, and many borderline starvation, disease broke out within these densely packed neighborhoods/camps. Disease created further chaos, spurring the planning of Heydrich's Final Solution. If you pack all Palestinians into the Gaza Strip, the same type of problem will soon emerge as a result of overcrowding. You, Oral, are using the same process as the Nazi leader, Reinhard Heydrich.
Foofie

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 09:51 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

As an infant, you had no control over what your parents or anybody else did that you disagree with as an adult. If there's no documentation of the event, why are you so worried about it? Guilt? For what?

Not worried at all about a few drops of water, and a few Latin sentences. Just from the point of an intellectual exercise, I was wondering how the Catholic church would view these apparent Catholics that practice another faith? Lost sheep that one cannot bring back to the flock, in the way of metaphor?
0 Replies

Foofie

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 09:53 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I thought the limbo thing for babies was deleted.?

Yes. So was eating fish on Friday; however, some Catholics just feel comfortable not eating meat on Friday. Tradition?
Foofie

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 09:58 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

Quote:
The "reply" has become a joke amongst those that are aware of the inference of the reply in the movie. It might be better for one to say that one has both Jewish and non-Jewish friends.

I was not aware of the film, so no inference should be drawn from my remark other than the primary meaning. I have got other good friends who are not Jews of course, and some who are.

Now lets solicit responses from both groups of friends to see who likes you more? Just kidding.