Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

Moment-in-Time

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 09:48 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The question was why didn't Nazi Germany persecute Afro-Caribbeans to the same extent that they persecuted the Jews.

And the question which was adequately answered by Walter Hinteler was a simple one; Afro-Caribbeans were such a minor minority, less than 1,000, in some areas; they were no threat to the Nazi powers who viewed blacks as even lower on the scale of human evolution than Jews....blacks were held up as a model of savagery, especially those blacks who worked in Black Minstrel Shows....Hitler needed blacks to make Germans look good.....so they served a purpose. True, they believed European Jews were inferior but within Germany,prior to the rise of Hitler, *most* Jewish people were relatively well off...some quite wealthy in fact, and despite their small number in Germany, Jews held some powerful positions in the arts and other professional status like professors in universities, etc; many Jewish people changed their names to appear more German in linage and being white, dressing like their business contemporaries, they passed as Aryan. Even though Blacks were married to some Germans, on the whole such was frowned on and when Hitler came to power he made sure these Mulattoes were later faced with sterilization, medical experimentation, incarceration, brutality, and murder. Blacks were warred on but not to the extreme extent as Jews who were rounded up, placed in cattle cars and shipped to concentration camps where few survived and these Jews were white in skin color.

Now if that answer doesn't suit you, too bad! That's the best I can do.
Moment-in-Time

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 09:58 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Another thing I must say in defense of the Jewish people. Most Jews are interested in higher learning. They make education a priority. Now, don't get me wrong, not all Jews are educated and or rich, especially those in education (which doesn't pay much) and there are Jews who do not bother to attend college. Let's face it, people are people and we will find all sorts within every ethnic group; however, here in America, despite their tiny number, the Jews are quite successful business people. They dominate the media, and in every sphere we have mental giants, beginning with Einstein, Zuckerberg, etc. (Maybe this is what Hitler was afraid of.) At my University there are professional Jews galore. Let's give credit where credit is do! Jews take advantage of their educational opportunities and are quite successful here in America.
izzythepush

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 10:10 am
@Moment-in-Time,
I didn't realise we were having an argument. I've not disagreed with anything you've said, but just added another dimension. The Nazis were as interested in PR as anyone else, which is why they invested so much time and money exposing the human rights abuses of the Katyn massacre. They needed an excuse, other than racist ideology, to persecute the Jews. The excuse was that there was this international conspiracy that attacked the German people. the fact that there were many wealthy Jewish financiers, bankers and diamond merchants helped that argument.

Without disagreeing with anything you've said, that argument would be a lot harder to make about Afro-Caribbeans seeing that there were not that many wealthy individuals and that a lot of them had spent years being enslaved.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 10:16 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
The question was why didn't Nazi Germany persecute Afro-Caribbeans to the same extent that they persecuted the Jews.
The black Germans during the Nazi period mainly were migrants from the former German colonies or their children.
They were a kind of "living capital" for the Nazis ... since they had colonial fantasies, too.

Those 600 to 800 "Rhineland bastards" (the Nazis gave that name to the children fathered by Africans serving as French colonial troops occupying the Rhineland after World War I) had a different (cruel) fate: from 1937 onwards, organised by the "Sonderkommission 3" [special commission 3] these children were forcibly sterilized (The 1933 sterilization law covered only individuals with specific “genetic diseases.”).

Because since Stalingrad (1941) the colonial fantasies became obsolete: "black Germans" as well as "coloured foreigners" were send to labour or concentration camps for the smallest petty offence.
cicerone imposter

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 11:37 am
@Moment-in-Time,
I don't give that much credence to any race that seems to show a high degree of education. I prefer to look at the individual who has a kind heart, is good to everybody, and treats all with equality.

FYI, research in California shows that Asians perform well in school - over 80%, while whites meet the standards at 58%. Blacks and Hispanics do not do as well. This kind of rating is self-perpetuating, and I find them to be offensive.

Individual personality is more important no matter what their "grade in school."

izzythepush

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 12:31 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks Walter, the North Africa campaign was one of the few places where the Nazis were cheered by the locals. Says a lot about British colonial rule.
McTag

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 03:30 pm
@izzythepush,

I had thought (I'm no expert, admittedly) that the N Africa campaign was fought in Francophone countries.

(I've got a pair of shoe-trees, which were owned by my father, marked "Altouninan Freres, Cairo")
izzythepush

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 03:51 pm
@McTag,
British, French and Italian.
0 Replies

Foofie

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 04:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

FYI, research in California shows that Asians perform well in school - over 80%, while whites meet the standards at 58%. Blacks and Hispanics do not do as well. This kind of rating is self-perpetuating, and I find them to be offensive.

So, should Asian students hide their intelligence, and get lower scores on purpose, so they can ingratiate themselves to the mediocre majority?

Here in NYC the prestigious Stuyvesant High School is 65% Asian students. Back in the '60's is was 70% Jewish students. Regardless, Asians are a valued resource in a country where the popular culture is turning out contestants on reality shows. You are looking at this from a micro perspective. From a macro perspective Asians are just what the U.S. needed after earlier generations of immigrants' descendants lost some of their grandparents' industriousness. Bless the Asian Tiger Mother, in my opinion.

MontereyJack

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 04:15 pm
@Foofie,
True that. Have you thought of any way to convince Republicans?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 04:44 pm
@Foofie,
You're about as stupid as the dumbest student in any class. All I've stated were facts. "Lower scores on purpose" can be dreamed up by stupid people like you!
0 Replies

Advocate

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 04:54 pm
It is interesting that Izzy, CI, and MIT are sucking up to Walter in their defense of the Nazi persecution (a mild word for what they did) of Jews and most other minorities. They are all sick anti-Semites and vermin.
Foofie

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 04:59 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Here in NYC the prestigious Stuyvesant High School is 65% Asian students. Back in the '60's is was 70% Jewish students.

I forgot to put these statistics into the context that in the '60's NYC was about one-quarter Jewish, and today NYC is one-tenth Asian. Meaning that with a greater percentage of the population than Asians have today in NYC, Jews were 70% of the Stuyvesant High School population; however, with only one-tenth of the NYC population, Asians comprise 65% of the Stuvesant High School population. In effect, one can see that Asian students can get into a special high school to a great degree, with a smaller population. A testament to the Asian Tiger Mother, in my opinion.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 05:09 pm
@Advocate,
We're not "sucking up" to anything. All Walter is doing is presenting facts that you can't challenge. So quit with the ad hominems, and learn some humility.

0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 06:12 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
It is interesting that Izzy, CI, and MIT are sucking up to Walter in their defense of the Nazi persecution (a mild word for what they did) of Jews and most other minorities. They are all sick anti-Semites and vermin.

Advocate, did you ever consider just for one moment that you're the sick one? Ah! What the heck am I saying?! The majority of sick people are unable to recognize their own illness, and in fact, most of them think others are twisted.

I enjoy immensely Walter Hinteler's most informative posts and would not describe this as "sucking up" to him. I find Walter Hinteler simply amazing and he certainly appear to know what he's talking about because I've checked the web.

Walter Hinteler was speaking factually.... not condoning the Third Reich's actions towards Jews and other minorities. What's wrong with your brain, Advocate? You blatantly blurt out the Nazis killed every black, only to have this refuted by a sober poster, Walter Hinteler.....Were you embarrassed by the poster's response and now are trying to detract from your original gaffe? You really should have someone interpret what you read so you don't get the intended message ass-backwards...something you do quite frequently!
RABEL222

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 10:34 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
You really should have someone interpret what you read so you don't get the intended message ass-backwards...something you do quite frequently!

He aint the only one who should follow this advice.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 15 Dec, 2013 12:18 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

You either can't read what I write or my English is worse.
But since I just this week again was guiding some English-speaking groups of Jews and non-Jews through the concentration camp, they understood me very well, it could be more a fault on your side.

Meanwhile I think that you are quite uneducated about this subject re historic facts. But just follow the slogans of some extremists.

I would somehow accept that I've got the original sin of being German.
But facts are fact - in Germany as well as in Palestine, the Near East/Middle East, in Israel, the USA ... (And many if not most of those sources I post are even online.)
0 Replies

McTag

Sun 15 Dec, 2013 01:05 am
@Advocate,

Quote:
Izzy, CI, and MIT

I've got more nous than Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
0 Replies

McTag

Sun 15 Dec, 2013 01:14 am
@Advocate,

Quote:

So many points arising from that; where to begin?
Firstly, you will not find from Walter any scrap of apology or "defense" for the actions of the nazis.

It is laughable that any critic of Zionist machinations very soon gets labelled "anti-semitic". This phrase is largely meaningless in this context. The Palestinians are semites too. And a very large proportion of the wider Jewish community, both inside and outwith Israel, are critical of the actions of the state particularly with regard to the settlements question and the misappropriation of Palestine lands.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 15 Dec, 2013 01:56 am
@McTag,
Anti-Semitism is a statutory offence in Germany ($130 German Criminal Code).

I'm posting here (and elsewhere) with my real name.
I've researched (and published) quite a bit about the Nazi period.
I've researched a bit about Zionism and wrote a year's paper about it. [But that's already quite some time ago.]

I do think that there are lot of people more knowledgeable about this topic than I am.
Advocate certainly isn't among them.