Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

cicerone imposter

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 11:18 am
@InfraBlue,
They wouldn't understand what repression meant until they were in the prisons in Germany and Poland. They never learn.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 11:27 am
@Moment-in-Time,
His death has brought the idea of apartheid to the fore, so that could benefit the Palestinians.

I would also like to contrast the response of Netanyahu to talks with Iran, with that of Shimon Peres whose response was a lot more positive.
0 Replies

Advocate

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 11:41 am
Israel has found, time and time again, that no good deed extended to the Pals that goes unpunished. Israel has tried to trade land for peace, but gets kicked in the teeth for it each time.

But I know the Israel and Jew haters here reject this out-of-hand. You should be sure that Israel will protect itself.
izzythepush

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 11:52 am
@Advocate,
**** off you racist ****.
cicerone imposter

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 12:05 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
TOTAL:
Jews/Israeli's killed:24,843 Palestinians killed: 90,785

Many of those Palestinians killed were civilians; men, women and children.

**** off is too mild; they have no humanity for others, but continue to decry what was done to them by Nazis. Will they be happy when they reach 4 million Palestinians killed by the Jews?
Walter Hinteler

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 12:13 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:
Israel has tried to trade land for peace, but gets kicked in the teeth for it each time.
The Bill on the Arrangement of Bedouin Settlement in the Negev, also known as the Prawer-Begin Plan,has nothing to do with Palestinians but with Israel citizens.

Last Saturday was marked as an International Day of Rage against the plan with protests also taking place in Haifa, Jerusalem, the northern Triangle area and in the West Bank in places near Ramallah and Hebron.
Today, thousands of people protested in Jaffa against this controversial pllan aimed at resettling the large majority of Bedouin in the Negev.
More protests will follow ...
0 Replies

Advocate

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 12:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What is the authority for the figures you provide. I am pretty sure they are wrong.
cicerone imposter

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 12:39 pm
@Advocate,
If you are sure they are wrong, prove it with your own evidence from any reliable source.
Advocate

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 02:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Okay, I gather you have no reputable source.
Advocate

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 02:43 pm
@Advocate,
Wikipedia states the following.

A variety of studies provide differing casualty data for the Israeli–Palestinian conflict. According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, 13,000 Israelis and Palestinians were killed in conflict with each other between 1948 and 1997.[226] Other estimations give 14,500 killed between 1948–2009.[226][227] Palestinian fatalities during the 1982 Lebanon War were 2,000 PLO combatants killed in armed conflict with Israel.[228]

This is a far cry from your figures.
cicerone imposter

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 02:56 pm
@Advocate,
From Israeli Center For Human Rights.

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/deaths.html

All I ask of you, Advocate, do you have any conscience for Palestinian lives at all?
Advocate

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 03:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Just as I suspected, your information is from a nonreputable source. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_Americans_Knew

Israel has been the most humane country in the world. Its retaliation for Pal attacks have been limited and carefully crafted to keep casusalties minimal. Your source has published only atttacks on Israel, and never has a good word about it. It fits the approach you and the other anti-Israel and anti-Jew folks on this forum take. BTW, I can now see why you were reluctant to provide a source for the bogus figures you posited.
izzythepush

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 03:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
He's lying by admission, note he never left a link, deliberately making it hard to check. Here's a link to the original article and a bit he decided to cut off.

Quote:
As reported by the Israeli human rights group B’Tselem, since 29 September 2000 a total of 7,454 Palestinian and Israeli individuals were killed due to the conflict. According to the report, 1,317 of the 6,371 Palestinians were minors, and at least 2,996 did not participate in fighting at time of death. Palestinians killed 1,083 Israelis, including 741 civilians. 124 of those killed were minors.[
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 03:21 pm
@Advocate,
You,
Quote:
Just as I suspected, your information is from a nonreputable source. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_Americans_Knew

How did you arrive at "nonreputable source?" There's nothing in the article that can refute what is being reported by them.

Good try, but no cupie doll. You flunk again!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 03:38 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:
Just as I suspected, your information is from a nonreputable source.

Quote:
B'Tselem (Hebrew: בצלם‎, "in the image of [God]") is an Israeli non-governmental organization (NGO) founded on February 3, 1989 by a group of prominent Israeli lawyers, academics, journalists, and members of the Knesset

Quote:
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zps9bc0b1b3.jpghttp://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/b_zpsa6e7a6b6.jpghttp://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/c_zps8e077c2a.jpg
... ... ...

Source: B'Tselem statistics
izzythepush

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 05:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Friday's definition of reputable source is the hardline, rightwing settler movement. He has no time for Israelis who care about human rights.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 05:29 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:
Israel has been the most humane country in the world.

Source please. You're saying Israel is more humane than Holland or Iceland?

Some sort of league table with a link to prove you're not bullshitting again.
cicerone imposter

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 05:40 pm
@izzythepush,
He can't produce any evidence for his claims, because none exists. NONE.
Advocate

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 05:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Your source doesn't support your numbers. BTW, see:

Second Intifada
"The B'Tselem casualties breakdown's reliability was questioned and its methodology has been heavily criticized by a variety of ...
151 KB (21,824 words) - 18:26, 6 December 2013

-- Wikipedia
cicerone imposter

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 06:11 pm
@Advocate,
If they are not supported, you need to provide any reliable source to refute them. You just can't claim "they are not supported." That's meaningless!

You,
Quote:
casualties breakdown's reliability was questioned and its methodology has been heavily criticized

To question the reliability and methodology, but doesn't explain why just isn't a good response. That's not an answer or challenges any of those numbers posted.