Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

Advocate

Sat 7 Dec, 2013 09:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Your numbers are ridiculous. They are not even supported by the sources you gave. The real numbers are a small fraction of those you gave. See Wikipedia.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 8 Dec, 2013 02:05 am
@Advocate,
From wikipedia:
Quote:
B'Tselem has been harshly criticized by Israeli nationalists. In 2011, Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman charged the group with abetting terrorism and weakening Israel's defense forces

B'Tselem board members are among others:
Co-chairs
David Kretzmer, Professor of Law, Faculty of Law and School of Public Policy, Hebrew University.
Gila Svirsky, Co-founder of Coalition of Women for a Just Peace.

Neta Amar: Lawyer, Legal Advisor for IHL Project, Diakonia and Staff Attorney for Rabbis for Human Rights.
Anat Biletzki: Professor of Philosophy, Tel-Aviv University.
Orna Ben-Naftaly: Head of the Law and Culture Division and the International Law Division, the Law School, the College of Management Academic Studies.
Menachem Fisch: Professor of the History and Philosophy of Science, Tel-Aviv University and Senior Fellow, Shalom Hartman Institute.
Tamar Hermann: Dean of Academic Studies, the Open University of Israel, and Senior Research Fellow, the Israel Democracy Institute.
Danny Rubinstein: Journalist, Haaretz Newspaper.
Alla Shainskaya: Senior Staff Scientist, Weizmann Institute of Science.
... ... ...
cicerone imposter

Sun 8 Dec, 2013 12:30 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Good find, Walter. I'm sure Advocate has better representatives for his opinions about reliability of sources.
Advocate

Sun 8 Dec, 2013 01:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Funny! I guess you two know all those people.
cicerone imposter

Sun 8 Dec, 2013 02:00 pm
@Advocate,
No, but their names and positions speak volumes over your teeny weeny opinions.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 8 Dec, 2013 04:03 pm
@Advocate,
No. I've only met professor Kretzmer, and some others are friends of a friend of us.

Do you know all the persons who you quote? But you do know those mentioned above?
cicerone imposter

Sun 8 Dec, 2013 04:12 pm
@Advocate,
You,
Quote:

Advocate, You're stretching your position on most things related to this topic.
To inquire whether we know all the people who we quote is beyond reasonable and somewhat ignorant.

The REAL ISSUES ARE, can you refute what they say based on your own contacts - people you know?

You see how stupid that looks?
Advocate

Sun 8 Dec, 2013 05:33 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
So you think that knowing one person, and having heard some hearsay, validates the site. The fact remains that CI's numbers are a joke.
0 Replies

Advocate

Sun 8 Dec, 2013 05:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You,
Quote:

Advocate, You're stretching your position on most things related to this topic.
To inquire whether we know all the people who we quote is beyond reasonable and somewhat ignorant.

The REAL ISSUES ARE, can you refute what they say based on your own contacts - people you know?

You see how stupid that looks?

I don't have to refute what is said. They don't support your ridiculous numbers.
cicerone imposter

Sun 8 Dec, 2013 05:43 pm
@Advocate,
You,
Quote:
They don't support your ridiculous numbers.

They're not "my" numbers. They're from a source from the internet.
What's your point? If they're "ridiculous numbers" provide any reliable source that refutes them.
Advocate

Sun 8 Dec, 2013 05:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Wikipedia indicates that the correct numbers are a small fraction of yours.
cicerone imposter

Sun 8 Dec, 2013 06:36 pm
@Advocate,
From the jewishvirtuallibrary.org.

Quote:
TOTAL:
JEWS killed 24,843 PALESTINIANS killed 90,785

You'll have to ask the Jewish Virtual Library people.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sun 8 Dec, 2013 07:14 pm
Some numbers from "The Economist" magazine, not often (or ever) considered a Palestinian apologist:
Quote:
WITH a hat-tip to Harper’s Magazine, which invented this kind of index, here are some enlightening numbers regarding the fighting in Gaza, as of 8.00am GMT on November 19th.

Number of Israelis killed by fire from Gaza between January 1st 2012 and November 11th 2012: 1
(Source: Wikipedia)

Number of Palestinians in Gaza killed by Israeli fire during the same period: 78
(Source: United Nations)

Number of Israelis killed by fire from Gaza, November 13th-19th 2012: 3
(Source: press reports)

Number of Palestinians in Gaza killed by Israeli fire, November 13th-19th: 95
(Source: IDF)

Number of those killed in Gaza under 15 years of age: 19
(Source)

Total number of Israelis killed by rocket, mortar or anti-tank fire from Gaza since 2006: 47
(Source: Wikipedia. This is disputed; another source says 26)

Number of Palestinians in Gaza killed by Israeli fire from April 1st 2006 to July 21st 2012: 2,879
(Source: United Nations)
Number of Egyptian schoolchildren killed when a train hit their bus on November 17th 2012: 53
(Source: press reports)

Number of people killed in traffic accidents in Israel in 2011: 384

Number of Syrians killed in fighting between November 13th-19th 2012: 646
(Source: Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR)

Estimated deaths in Syria since beginning of unrest in March 2011: 40,000
(Source: SOHR)

Estimated deaths from all Israeli-Arab wars between 1945 and 1995: 92,000

Number of targets in Gaza struck by Israel, November 13th-19th: 1,350

Number of projectiles fired at Israel from Gaza from November 13th-19th, 2012: 848

Number that did not fall in "open areas": 35
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 9 Dec, 2013 02:27 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:
Israel has found, time and time again, that no good deed extended to the Pals that goes unpunished. Israel has tried to trade land for peace, but gets kicked in the teeth for it each time.

But I know the Israel and Jew haters here reject this out-of-hand. You should be sure that Israel will protect itself.

It's only a matter of time now. The Europeans torpedoed the Oslo Accords with their unilateral recognition of the Palestinians.

I don't know how Mr. Kerry managed to bring about a real opportunity for 1967 borders in the wake of that, but the Palestinians are doing a decent job of derailing that as well.

Assuming that is derailed in coming months, eventually the Israelis will realize that they cannot allow the Palestinians to remain in the West Bank if they refuse to make peace.

After that, eventually the Palestinians will give the Israelis an opportunity to deport them all to Gaza. Maybe it will be another "intifada". Hard to tell.

But once it happens, the "Palestinians" will have all become "Gazans". And that will be the end of the matter.
hawkeye10

Mon 9 Dec, 2013 03:15 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
But once it happens
The world would not allow this, and Israel can not survive isolated
oralloy

Mon 9 Dec, 2013 04:14 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
The world would not allow this, and Israel can not survive isolated

Actually, Israel could survive isolated if they needed to. All they would need to do is be a bit more proactive about keeping their neighbors suppressed. In the unlikely event that Israel ever faced invaders that they could not handle conventionally, they'd just fire atomic artillery shells at the invaders.

But Israel will not face isolation. The United States will also come to understand that the Palestinians cannot be left in the West Bank if they refuse to make peace. So we will continue to back Israel when the time comes.

The Palestinians are pretty much already doomed. These negotiations under Kerry are going to be their last chance ever.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 9 Dec, 2013 05:59 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
The Europeans torpedoed the Oslo Accords with their unilateral recognition of the Palestinians.
Your source for that? As far as I could find out, only Malta, Serbia, Albania, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Russia, Belarus*, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, and Poland out of the 47 member states of the Council of Europe (*Belarus is not a full member)
The German Democratic Republic recognised the State of Palestine on 18 November 1988,[same date as all theother foremer East European states, following the Palestine–Russia relations act] but because it later unified with the Federal Republic of Germany and the current government does not recognise it, their is no recognition.
oralloy

Mon 9 Dec, 2013 06:24 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Your source for that?

Mainly memory from when it happened. Here is one article I got from a quick search:
Quote:
On 29 November 2012, the United Nations General Assembly voted to upgrade the status of the Palestinians to that of a "non-member observer state".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-13701636
Walter Hinteler

Mon 9 Dec, 2013 06:41 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Mainly memory from when it happened.
My post has nothing to do with that.

I responded - see above - to:
oralloy wrote:
The Europeans torpedoed the Oslo Accords with their unilateral recognition of the Palestinians.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 9 Dec, 2013 07:09 am
Quote:
The Palestinian presidency has blamed Israel for the killing of a 15-year-old boy near Ramallah in the West Bank.

The teenager, Wajdi Wajih al-Ramahi, was killed in the Jelazoun refugee camp on Saturday night.

A Palestinian medical source told AFP he was dead on arrival at a Ramallah hospital, from a single gunshot wound, in what President Mahmoud Abbas said was a "cold-blooded assassination".

The Israeli army says it is investigating the reports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-25288900
0 Replies