Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 03:15 pm
Okay, have fun! Same idea, different musical... Very Happy

Matt Dillon/Meg Ryan
Ruth Warrick/James Gandolfini
Timothy Hutton/Katharine Hepburn
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 03:24 pm
Do you mean each song is from a different musical? Sounds like you are cracking down on me. Laughing
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 03:33 pm
No, sorry to be imprecise! Very Happy

The three songs are all from the same R&H musical - just not South Pacific...
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 03:36 pm
Oh, that helps, but don't hold your breath waiting for an answer. Laughing
0 Replies

bree

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 04:13 pm
Wow, I wish I'd been able to get here earlier this afternoon (work called) -- that question looks like fun! I'll work on the new one at home tonight (if Raggedy doesn't get it first)!
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 04:57 pm
I was looking for People Will Say We're in Love. (Hutton, Ordinary People, but I couldn't find anything for Hepburn to match. I think it's O K L A H O M A where the wind comes sweeping oer the plain and the waving wheat sure smells sweet.

Dillon - Kansas
Ryan - City of Angels
(Everything's Up to Date in Kansas City)

Hutton - Scenes from Every Day Life
Hepburn - Stage Door
(Life Upon the Wicked Stage)

Warrick - One Too Many
Gandolfini - A Whole New Day
Many A New Day

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:IrGRMSVXyqAC:www.firstshotphoto.com/images/Fringe%2520Top%2520Surrey.jpg Chicks and ducks and geese better scurry when I take you out in the surrey with the fringe on top.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 05:14 pm
Changed my mind, Mac. I know you wouldn't leave such an important word as wicked out. Laughing

Timothy Hutton - Beautiful Girls
Katharine Hepburn - Morning Glory
(Oh, What a Beautiful Morning)

Is that better?
0 Replies

bree

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 07:55 pm
Those have to be right, Raggedy. Dang, a person has to get up pretty early in the morning to figure out an answer ahead of you!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 09:10 pm
You got 'em all, Raggedy!

And by the way, Life Upon the Wicked Stage is from Showboat. Very Happy Please don't hate me 'cuz I know this stuff - it was repeated over and over in various rehearsal halls when I was very young and impressionable!

Oklahoma was the first show I ever stage-managed. I was 18 (barely) and it was the local little theatre. Actually I was the 2nd Assistant Stage Manager, but they all started dropping like flies and I was put in charge briefly.

I worked on Showboat my freshman year in college. I was one of the assistant directors - I mostly hung out at the dance rehearsals and ran the tape deck, as I recall. For performances, I was the prop crew. 100 people or so in the cast - one freshman for the entire prop crew.

There are about a dozen other musicals that I worked on before the age of 25 that I know inside out...
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 08:24 am
Life Upon the Wicked Stage is from Show Boat. I knew that. Laughing Marge & Gower Champion performed it in the 1951 movie. Now, I know what they mean by those senior moments. But, I have, for some unexplainable reason, always confused that role with Ado Annie in Oklahoma.

Mac: I admire you for your knowledge of all those musicals and envy your participation in the productions.

One more easy R/H musical and then perhaps you'll have a new scavenger hunt to taunt us. (I'm working on one).

Rogers/Hammerstein Musical - 3 songs

1. Barbra Streisand/Peter Fonda
2. Bebe Neuwirth
3. Fred Astaire
0 Replies

bree

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 09:19 am
From The King and I:

Streisand and Fonda: Hello Dolly - The Young Lovers

Neuwirth: Getting to Know You

Astaire: Shall We Dance
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 09:55 am
Go bree! Very Happy

Work looks very busy this morning - hopefully I can be here more this afternoon... Sad
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 10:02 am
Hi Bree. You got it. Your turn. Very Happy
0 Replies

bree

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 01:06 pm
Sorry I was away for so long -- work blew up on me again, and now I have to go into a meeting in a couple of minutes. I pass my turn to the next person who wants to ask a question.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 01:35 pm
I'm sorry it's such a busy work day, Bree. We've all been in and out today. I'll ask Mac.
Mac: Would you like to take the next question? Laughing
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 02:20 pm
I have nothing prepared! Laughing If you do, go ahead and sock it to us...as they used to say on Laugh-In.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 02:52 pm
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:REFpidqGpG0C:www.danalco.com/images/logos/sock.jpg
Three songs from R/H movie musical. Title (Easy Very Happy )

1. Bette Davis, Richard Pryor, Robert Loggia

2. Henry Fonda/Ethan Hawke

3. William Lundigan (not exactly, but close enough)
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 03:00 pm
Is William Lundigan - I'll Climb the Highest (Every) Mountain?

(Just checking to see if I'm on the right musical!)
0 Replies