GET OUT OF AFGHANISTAN

okie

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 04:31 pm
@Advocate,
Actually, there are still people out there that believe, plus some evidence that perhaps Iraq's WMD stuff may have gone to Syria. I understand that in fact Syria has a program, and I personally find it strange that this is never reported upon as a growing threat or something to be concerned about!

I would not find it at all surprising, given the fact that we telegraphed our entry into Iraq literally months ahead of time, so that Iraq could very easily have moved them into Syria.
Advocate

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 06:48 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:

Advocate - you're the online equivalent of a broken record. Please move your repetitive content to some thread not entitled "Afghanistan".

I know how you hate those facts. They are nasty things.
Advocate

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 06:51 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Actually, there are still people out there that believe, plus some evidence that perhaps Iraq's WMD stuff may have gone to Syria. I understand that in fact Syria has a program, and I personally find it strange that this is never reported upon as a growing threat or something to be concerned about!

I would not find it at all surprising, given the fact that we telegraphed our entry into Iraq literally months ahead of time, so that Iraq could very easily have moved them into Syria.

Top Iraqi officials, as well as Saddam himself, said that there were no WMD. They didn't advertise this because the info would possibly be of value to enemies.

okie

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 07:45 pm
@Advocate,
I would not take their word, after all, if some stuff did go to Syria, it would be in their best interests to lie about it, also Syria's best interests, and perhaps both of their collective best interest. When I say "best interest," I am referring to their selfish interests.
Advocate

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 05:39 am
@okie,
You should know by now that Bush and Cheney went into Iraq for the oil.
okie

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 10:18 am
@Advocate,
The Left's mantra grows pretty old and stale, when it is just nonsense on its face. If that were the case, perhaps we would have all of it by now, but the truth is we don't, far from it, in fact a recent auction shows we got very little of the action compared to other countries. Plus, you need to be consistent, if we are in Iraq for the oil, which is a simpleton's opinion in the first place, then it should follow that we are in Afghanistan for the oil, which is not logical. Is Obama in Afghanistan for "Big Poppies?"

Check the thread on the economy, Advocate, where Mysteryman posted some good information on oil in Iraq.

http://able2know.org/topic/47327-443#post-3846147
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 10:45 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

The Left's mantra grows pretty old and stale, when it is just nonsense on its face. If that were the case, perhaps we would have all of it by now, but the truth is we don't, far from it, in fact a recent auction shows we got very little of the action compared to other countries. Plus, you need to be consistent, if we are in Iraq for the oil, which is a simpleton's opinion in the first place, then it should follow that we are in Afghanistan for the oil, which is not logical. Is Obama in Afghanistan for "Big Poppies?"

Check the thread on the economy, Advocate, where Mysteryman posted some good information on oil in Iraq.

http://able2know.org/topic/47327-443#post-3846147

Just because they didn't end up getting it, doesn't change the fact that it was a large part of the calculation to invade, Okie. It just means that, yet again, the Bush crew fucked things up. Again.

What a joke Iraq was - super expensive and accomplished nothing.

Cycloptichorn
Advocate

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 11:18 am
@okie,
Your reading comprehension is zilch. I said Bush and Cheney WENT INTO IRAQ for oil. There are maps and other evidence proving this. They failed to get this oil, and now USA companies have to bid in competition with companies all over the world.
okie

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 12:26 pm
@Advocate,
If they went into Iraq for the oil, they could have had the oil. Case closed. Besides, what evidence is there that oil was the primary motive? None. You guys are so predictable, and so vacuous with your stupid arguments about oil.
Advocate

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 12:56 pm
@okie,
We could not have secured the oil had we wanted to. We could barely navigate the roads safely, much less safeguard all the oil equipment and pipelines, as well as the needed tanker trucks. It was absolutely impossible. Bush thought that the public would all be waving American flags when we occupied the country. How wrong can you be.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 03:25 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:
High Seas wrote:
Advocate - you're the online equivalent of a broken record. Please move your repetitive content to some thread not entitled "Afghanistan".

I know how you hate those facts. They are nasty things.

ROFL - you have obviously lost whatever tiny brain God endowed you with originally. Look up the TITLE here, it's YOUR thread <G>
okie

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 06:43 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Just because they didn't end up getting it, doesn't change the fact that it was a large part of the calculation to invade, Okie. It just means that, yet again, the Bush crew fucked things up. Again.

Cycloptichorn

Cyclops, I don't know what to say, except your argument is basically that of a "simpleton." It makes about as much sense as to make up the same reason for Afghanistan, after all you need to be consistent. How about Obama being in Afghansistan for "Big Poppies," instead of "Big Oil?" That would make as much sense. You really need to break out of the age old liberal template of evil big oil being the reaon for almost everything. It is really a shallow and artificial way to look at issues. You can do better than that.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 06:46 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Cyclops, I don't know what to say, except your argument is basically that of a "simpleton."

Oh, really?

This from the guy who thinks this:

Quote:
If they went into Iraq for the oil, they could have had the oil. Case closed

Is a nuanced and well-thought out argument? Please.

Quote:
It makes about as much sense as to make up the same reason for Afghanistan, after all you need to be consistent. How about Obama being in Afghansistan for "Big Poppies," instead of "Big Oil?" That would make as much sense.

It might, if 'big poppies' was a real thing, instead of something you just made up in a lame attempt to make a point. On the other hand, Big Oil is a very real and very pervasive force in our society. Your attempt fails.

Quote:
You really need to break out of the age old liberal template of evil big oil being the reaon for almost everything. It is really a shallow and artificial way to look at issues. You can do better than that.

It is not the only reason for anything - but the PNAC, who essentially became the Bush admin two years later, argued strongly that the US should go to war in the Middle East to secure our source of oil for the next century. There is ample evidence that oil was a calculation in this war; you've just decided to ignore it all, because it's politically troublesome for you to admit it.

Cycloptichorn
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 06:33 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

Bush was caught in lie about the 9/11 attack on the WTC.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/bushlie.html

If he were going to lie in public, why would he lie about something so unimportant? There are numerous explanations for people who aren't personally invested in finding a lie. For instance, maybe he saw the tower after the impact and the narrator was saying that a plane had just hit it, and then later was shown a film of the plane. That's what liberals would say if attacked by conservatives about a trivial misstatement by Obama.
okie

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 07:07 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Cyclops, I don't know what to say, except your argument is basically that of a "simpleton."

Oh, really?

This from the guy who thinks this:

Quote:
If they went into Iraq for the oil, they could have had the oil. Case closed

Is a nuanced and well-thought out argument? Please.Cycloptichorn

My argument makes infinitely more sense than yours. Seriously, if oil was the biggest purpose for going there, we have enough military strength that we could have merely taken the oil. I have heard the arguments of liberal leftists now for decades, and have seen mindless people marching around with placards saying "No more blood for oil" and similar nonsense. All of the silly leftist ideas that they see through their prism of America is rotten and America is greedy and selfish, and America is evil, it wears very thin, cyclops. Anyone with an ounce of common sense could see through it. But unfortunately, if you are the party of Cindy Sheehan and Michael Moore, that is what it amounts to, which is mindless drivel, which is born out of some kind of self hatred for your own country, unable or unwilling to be able to reason very deeply into the issues. And unfortunately, I think Obama carries around a similar mindset, as he is constantly apologizing to somebody for America's sins and evils.

Frankly, I am sick of it, cyclops, and I am ready for somebody to represent me that has at least an ounce of common sense, and at least a little affection for their own country.
JTT

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 12:38 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
If he were going to lie in public, why would he lie about something so unimportant?

Liars have trouble keeping their stories straight. Like you, right now Brandon.
JTT

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 12:50 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
If he were going to lie in public, why would he lie about something so unimportant?

The same reason guys play pepper [batting], just to keep themselves loose, to keep practicing what they do so when game time comes they are ready.

Quote:
The 9/11 Commission Rejects own Report as Based on Government Lies

Gordon Duff Salem-News.com

Does Farmer have cooperation and agreement from other members of the Commission? Yes. Did they say Bush ordered 9/11? No. Do they say that the 9/11 Commission was lied to by the FBI, CIA, Whitehouse and NORAD? Yes. Is there full documentary proof of this? Yes.

Farmer states...“at some level of the government, at some point in time…there was an agreement not to tell the truth about what happened... I was shocked at how different the truth was from the way it was described …. The [Norad air defense] tapes told a radically different story from what had been told to us and the public for two years. This is not spin.”

The 9/11 Commission head, Thomas Kean, was the Republican governor of New Jersey. He had the following to say... “We to this day don’t know why NORAD [the North American Aerospace Command] told us what they told us, it was just so far from the truth. . . " When Bush's own handpicked commission failed to go along with the cover up and requested a criminal investigation, why was nothing done?

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/september112009/911_truth_9-11-09.php
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 01:02 pm
@okie,
Quote:
My argument makes infinitely more sense than yours.

A clear illustration of the depth of your delusion, Okie.

Quote:
Seriously, if oil was the biggest purpose for going there, we have enough military strength that we could have merely taken the oil.

That doesn't fit the propaganda stream very well.

Remember Smedley:

Quote:
"I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914.

I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916.

I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents."[26]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler

The leopard hasn't changed its spots, it's only increased the level of propaganda to dupe idiots like you. Have you by chance read any of this radical liberal's books?
okie

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 01:52 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
My argument makes infinitely more sense than yours.

A clear illustration of the depth of your delusion, Okie.

JTT accuses others of delusion!!!! If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny. Get a grip, JTT, you are one of the most delusional on this board.
JTT

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 01:58 pm
@okie,
Ummmm, Okie. You really do have a major aversion to the facts being put right in front of your nose. The smell of honesty mixing in with all that brown stuff on your nose just isn't for you.