speaking of old dogs...

OGIONIK

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 05:07 am
i dont know if it was wrong, but i had to put down one of my dogs recently, in fact its been destroying me.

she has infectiosn in her teeth, cancerous tumors, and she has siezures, i witnessed her first one, and it broke me, to put it lightly.

shes 14, a basste hound rottweiler german sheperd mix, been with me for years obfviously, from california, to washignton state chasin peacocks and horses to tall to kick her around port angeles..(inside joke)

i dont know why im so tore up, but i do, if u understand, or not..

well my rich friend mikey reciefved ofver 50 thousand doll,ars and he buys coke alot, i didnt do any haha, oddly enough...

abnyways i took a decent amount, over 3 grams im sure, i put it into some wet dog fvood and the rest is history.

i hafve heard that when someone is about to die that giving them some coke is the best way they can die, i dont remember where .but she was energetic for about 20 minutes after she ate it, then she laid down and i knew i was over, i put her head on my lap and just petted her and cried.

it was terrible, but i couldnt let her suffer i dont know if i did wrong or right , but i just needed to vent..

*raises glass* to the old dogs! let them live fvorefver in our hearts and souls!

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 05:13 am
It's not odd at all. I still mourn my old dogs. So loyal and loving creatures. I remember once being attacked by a dog and my dog fought it off until I could get to my feet. I took care of the house dogs my entire youth and learned all about caring for something other than myself. It's been years since they passed away. The last two passed away within a week of each other.

The first we had put to sleep. It was a hard choice, but he was really hurting. I honestly felt guilty for letting hi hurt that long. The last dog died a week later from a heart attack. I can't help but feel that he was heartbroken that the other was gone. It's hard. It's totally understandable that you feel torn up.

Just mourn right now.

Thanks for giving a dog a loving home.
K
O
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 05:22 am
I still mourn the first dog I ever had and each one that came after.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 07:56 am
I still miss Fred and it's been 15 years.
jespah

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 11:34 am
@Bella Dea,
Still miss Jake; we both still have a pic of him on our nightstands.
OGIONIK

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 07:06 am
@jespah,
i keep freaking out, what if it wasnt a pianless death? did i murder my dog?

man it was heartwrenching, ive never heard a dog screaming, it was worse than a "yelp"(she had tumors thruout her body, and her teeth were messed up, i dont know if dogs get the same teeth pain we do?)

she could barely walk **** man im about to start tearing up again... but i mean yeah i could feel her when she died i know she knew i loved her.. **** man that was probably a dumb way to go about it but i couldnt afford 200 dollars , i just wanted to make her pain go away

ill post pics . rip tasha

ugly ass dog hehe but i <3 'd her...
OGIONIK

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 07:09 am
@OGIONIK,
some highlights

were at lake mead , me my dad and my late brother..

we were fishing, she caught 5 fish(wtf?), my brother caught one without even baiting his line..me and my dad didnt catch ****

me and my mom and brother were going to our car when a man came out of the bushes, she went crazy and jumped out of the car and he just left. haha

just a year ago, she was in the backyard behind a tree for like 4-5 hours whne i was cleaning the yard, i see a flurry of activity and feather everywhere, she caught a pigeon

most cunning dog ive ever known. prolly the basset hound..
jespah

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 02:20 pm
@OGIONIK,
The thing about the circumstances of her death (and Jake died at home suddenly, so I kinda know how you feel) is, well, it's done. You can't change it no matter how many times you replay it in your mind. I do dream of him on occasion. He has been gone over 10 years. I can still feel his fur (it was coarse), his velvety ears, his smooch kisses (he didn't really lick kiss). He slept on the floor next to my side of the bed. For years I would get up if it was the middle of the night and step over but there's no one to make sure I don't accidentally step on.

Right now, we're both so busy that we can't do a dog justice. I wish it wasn't the case but both of our jobs are just way too demanding. Damn.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 08:46 pm
Oh, I just lost two pets recently, within two weeks of each other, I know just how you feel. It takes a long time to stop replaying their last moments, worrying whether you did everything you could, being afraid they were in pain, on and on. Just last night my mind suddenly dredged up the last few minutes with my Aero and started going over it again and again, and I got all freaked out and upset for the millionth time...don't feel like you're weird for having a hard time getting past it.

Jespah's right, you just have to do your best to accept that it's over and you can't do anything about the way it ended now. I try to remind myself that even if those last few minutes were bad, it was only a tiny fraction of their life and there was way, way more time that they had fun and were happy and felt good. Anyway, I know how you're feeling & am sending good thoughts to you & to Tasha.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 08:56 pm
@OGIONIK,
gotta do what you gotta do, Onion.

She knew you were there.

RIP Tasha.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 08:14 am
@cyphercat,
I'm sorry to read this, cypher.

It's funny, I was rooting around looking for painting stuff and found the doggie stuff. Leashes, bowls, coats, that sort of thing. We're holding it for the next wearer(s)/user(s). Red lead. Hunter green fleece coat. Stainless steel bowl. It didn't make me feel bad, it makes me smile to know we're ready to go at a moment's notice.
0 Replies