Did we ever really land on the moon?

DrewDad

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 10:07 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Well, I didn't...but some other folk did.

Damn you for taking my joke.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 10:08 am
The kick in the head is the idea that they went to all that trouble and expense to put human feet on the moon and then very quickly the whole thing fell off the radar screen, at least as far as the educated layman can discern.

Conspiracy theories are generally a last resort for explaining things but, in this case, I would have to assume that they found something up there which messed their minds fairly severely, and that all further investigations have been under wraps since that time.
DrewDad

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 10:11 am
@gungasnake,
Alternate theory:

It's goddamn expensive to get to the moon, and all of the money is to be made in low Earth orbit.
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 11:17 am
@gungasnake,
The technology at the time allow you to reach the moon but not at a cost that would allow you to set up bases or do anything but short costly visits.

It kind of like when the very first stream ship cross the Atlantic under power but afterward it was found with the technology at hand it was not cost-effective.

The stream engine was ripped out of her hull and she was turn into a sailing ship of all things.

Of course in the next generation the technology reached the point where power was far more economical then sailing ships.
0 Replies

Foofie

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 12:30 pm
The reason I say we definitely were on the moon, is because, if it was staged, would it not be staged again, before 39 years passed? The fact that 39 years have passed and we have not gotten men on another body in space, tells me that it was real in 1969. If it was staged, I believe, there would have been another supposed re-enactment before 2000, if for no better reason than to gain some international prestige by going there a second time, or perhaps Mars for a more thrilling staging. It is the realities, of the cost of a space program, that hindered progress in the ensuing 39 years, I believe. If it was staged, the cost of a re-enactment would not have hindered another staging.

But, it amazes me also how so many people in the world would not only want to believe it was staged, but would continue to promulgate the falsity. And, when the falsity is promulgated, I also am amazed that few people do not seem to realize the value of such false propaganda to the rivals/enemies of the U.S.
wandeljw

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 12:33 pm
moon-centric threads offend me
Foofie

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 12:52 pm
@wandeljw,
Does that count as a Foofie joke or a moon joke. Perhaps, a combination joke?

Very good humor, I believe.
Zippo

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 01:02 pm
Hey buddy! check this out!

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2620/moonhoax2he7.jpg
Foofie

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 01:15 pm
@Zippo,
The thought is who is taking the picture? Obviously, someone who came down first. Otherwise, what is the thought here?
Zippo

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 01:27 pm
@Foofie,
The moon in the background. Laughing

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/news/home/3523496.html
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 01:33 pm
@Zippo,
That pic is an amateur photoshop. The shadow on the LEM is to the left, yet there is no shdow on the planet in the sky
Zippo

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 01:53 pm
@farmerman,
Its the Moon in the dark sky above the astronaut, not a planet.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 02:02 pm
Hey, Dipshit . . . the point FM is making is that the daylight is coming from the right-hand side of the image, so the "moon" in the sky should be shadowed on the left-hand side. It's not, therefore your photo is a bullshit photo which has been altered, and altered in a very amateurish fashion.
BillRM

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 02:06 pm
@Foofie,
Hell it would take a higher level of technology to do a good job of staging and cost far more then going to the moon and that is not even addressing the human element of keeping such a secret with thousnads of people would need to be in the know.

Completely insane nonsense in every way.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 02:07 pm

A rat done bit my sister Nell.
(with Whitey on the moon)
Her face and arms began to swell.
(and Whitey's on the moon)
I can't pay no doctor bill.
(but Whitey's on the moon)
Ten years from now I'll be payin' still.
(while Whitey's on the moon)
The man jus' upped my rent las' night.
('cause Whitey's on the moon)
No hot water, no toilets, no lights.
I wonder why he's uppi' me?
('cause Whitey's on the moon?)
I wuz already payin' 'im fifty a week.
Taxes takin' my whole damn check,
Junkies makin' me a nervous wreck,
The price of food is goin' up,
An' as if all that **** wuzn't enough:
A rat done bit my sister Nell.
Her face an' arm began to swell.
Was all that money I made las' year
(for Whitey on the moon?)
How come there ain't no money here?
(Hmm! Whitey's on the moon)
Y'know I jus' 'bout had my fill
(of Whitey on the moon)
I think I'll sen' these doctor bills,
Airmail special
(to Whitey on the moon)
0 Replies

Zippo

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 02:09 pm
@Setanta,
The missing shadow is solid proof that they' filmed it inside a studio. They were stupid enough to leave out the shadow.
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 02:32 pm
@Foofie,
I thought the previous post bearing upon the absurd contention that the moon landings were faked was one stemming from a sensible mind.

Then I saw the compliment to wande's sense of humour, which asymptotes with zero if not actually zero.

Maybe I should rethink my position.

I wouldn't want to be caught on the same side as a sense of humour of that nature. No Sir!

We are very gullible with moving pictures. Even stills. And with all their measuring equipment the President must have known that there was nothing up there worth bothering about. They had had a good look. Maybe they just staged the LEM bit. Fancy landing the LEM eh? Fancy turning the ******* engine off.

I remember a great scene in a movie about going west where this crazy looking guy has a camera on a tripod and he gets a bunch together who don't believe he can take a picture of them. I think Gregory Peck was one. And he got under the black cloth and said "Smile" ( I'm gambling there) and popped something. Then they joshed him a bit about how nutty he was. The crazy guy tapped the camera knowingly and said something to the effect of the earth shaking significance of this equipment.

I give it the benefit of the doubt because it was brilliant to watch and I don't mind having my leg pulled that good. We know one thing--the Soviets would have found the joins if they existed. It sure did make a lot of other stuff look a trifle soppy.

Come to think of it, on my 3 or 4 experiences arguing about it in the pub, I think that there might be characterological similiarities in those who claim it was faked. They were all junior management types. Silly cunts in other words. They couldn't bring themselves to have pretty boundless admiration for another bloke. Difficult to deal with.
0 Replies

NickFun

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 02:39 pm
I find it remarkable that anyone actually believes we did NOT land on the Moon. We did. We were there. We came home. Certainly if we did not someone in authority would have stepped up by now.
Intrepid

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 02:41 pm
One (me) has to wonder about why there was a need for a moon landing at all. Other than to beat the Russians in some way. One (me) has to wonder why it was only done once and abandoned. If they could do it in 1969 it should be a breeze now. One (me) has to wonder at all of the peculiar nuances in many of the photographs. One (me) has to wonder how some of them were taken. More questions than there are answers.
BillRM

Wed 17 Dec, 2008 03:27 pm
@Intrepid,
Hell it is a very costly breeze even today to say the lest.

As to why we went to the moon, you could have say the same thing about why great sailing nations outfitted ships to explore the great unknown in the 14 to 16 centuries.

It is in our DNA to spread out as far as we can that is why you will find humans all over the earth..