Throwing Shoes at President Bush

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 11:05 pm
@okie,
You understand they were mostly embarrassed? Did you call and have a chat about it with some Iraqis?

Jeez

Cycloptichorn

dlowan

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 12:04 am
@msolga,
I hafta say I find it all kind of guiltily amusing, because of how much I loathe what Bush and his cronies have done, although I don't approve of such behaviour since it is dangerous and serves no useful purpose.

I kind of feel a bit like Noel Coward is said to have felt when emerging from an over-wrought staging of the opera Aida, where real elephants appeared on stage.

One of them is said to have deposited a huge pile of elephant dung during an aria.

Coward's comment is said to have been something like:

"Appalling behaviour, of course...but WHAT a critic!"
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 12:05 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:
All Americans should be proud of our president and how he handled this incident.

That's funny! Laughing

Actually, much as I loathe Bush's actions in general, I agree that he handled what must have been a pretty awful incident with great aplomb.
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 12:58 am

Sometimes this place gives me nightmares
dlowan

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 02:13 am
@Endymion,
Pray amplify.
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 07:01 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cyclo lies again!
Quote:
It is a very visible signal of a failure of a president, when you have foreign reporters throwing shoes at you, and people are mostly sad that he missed.

Sorry sweetheart. It was A REPORTER.

I also recognize the fact that you are PROUD of the fact a foreign journalist embarrassed the Office of the President of the United States.

For me, as a real American, I am upset that the reporter was not shot after throwing the first shoe.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 07:13 am
all this real american bullshit is just that.

if you were born and live here you're a real american. period.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 07:15 am
@H2O MAN,
I will once again mention the adage that you are what you eat...which may explain why waterboy is always acting like a dick.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 07:16 am
@Woiyo9,
This is the kind of real American that makes one wish to throw a great deal more than shoes.

Fortunately, America also has a lot of real PEOPLE.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 07:20 am
Let's back up a few years to the times of "freedom fries". If a reporter had thrown a shoe at the French president at a conference in the Rose Garden....these same people here that are appalled would be dancing around, suggesting a ticker tape parade and applying lipstick for the purpose of french kissing the guys ass. It's all little league sports parent behavior.
revel

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 07:44 am
Okie wrote:
Quote:
I understand fellow Iraqis were mostly embarrassed over it,

Which is why thousands rose up in protest over his arrest I suppose.

http://www.azzaman.com/articles/2008/12/12-15/999.jpg
dlowan

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 07:46 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Let's back up a few years to the times of "freedom fries". If a reporter had thrown a shoe at the French president at a conference in the Rose Garden....these same people here that are appalled would be dancing around, suggesting a ticker tape parade and applying lipstick for the purpose of french kissing the guys ass. It's all little league sports parent behavior.

And we have people advocating he be murdered!

I agree...the likes of Woiyo probably would have suggested a public holiday for anyone throwing a shoe at the French President.
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 07:49 am
@dlowan,
You are the example of the "pussy-fication" of America.

You accept foreigners assaulting the Office of The President which is an assault on it's people.
parados

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 08:25 am
@Woiyo9,
Bush is President. He isn't the office and the shoe thrower was not attacking the office if you look at his statements.

Are you trying to be an example of the stupidification of America with your claims?
Woiyo9

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 08:36 am
@parados,
Really? Bush is President but does not represent the office?

Sorry asshole, you win the stupid award of the day.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 08:39 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

You are the example of the "pussy-fication" of America.

You accept foreigners assaulting the Office of The President which is an assault on it's people.

There is a certain feeling of amusement to see Woiyo call Parados stupid while citing dlowan, an Australian, as an example of the pussification of America.

I take that back. It's way more than a certain feeling. It's a knee slapper.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 08:42 am
@Woiyo9,
I suppose you could be correct there Woiyo. Bush isn't really President but only represents the office. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 08:44 am
10 am is a little early for the firewater....but I don't judge.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 08:46 am
@Zippo,
Quote:
The Iraqi people would celebrate and world wide terrorism would decline. Just like how peace came about in Europe when Hitler was killed.

Are you really this challenged regarding history?
Hitler wasnt killed, he took the cowards way out and committed suicide.
And that was only AFTER the Russian army had surrounded his bunker and he had nowhere left to hide.
His death didnt end the war in Europe.
He had appointed Karl Dönitz, the head of the navy and a devoted Nazi, as his successor.
Donitz actually continued the war for another week, until May 8.

Now, since you seem to believe that killing Bush would cause the decline of terrorism in the world, please explain HOW that would happen?
Obama has been elected, but there are still terrorists fighting people all over the world.

Lets remember what Joe Biden said...

Quote:
Mark my words,” the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. “It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We’re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

“I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate,” Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. “And he’s gonna need help. And the kind of help he’s gonna need is, he’s gonna need you - not financially to help him - we’re gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it’s not gonna be apparent initially, it’s not gonna be apparent that we’re right.”

So even he believes that terrorists will "test" Obama.
Why is that if terrorism will end just by Killing Bush?

You have every right to dislike Bush, but to suggest that he needs to be killed is wrong.
Your hatred of him borders on the pathological.
mysteryman

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 08:49 am
@revel,
It is possible to be embarrased by what someone has done and still protest their arrest for doing it.

I dont understand why you feel the Iraqi people cant be or do both.