Where is Linkat?

mismi

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 10:03 am
I have not seen her in a while....not since her "running away" thread...and that was a while back. Anyone heard from her? I do not have time to read all the threads and she may have been around lately - but I have not seen her. Just want to make sure she is okay....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,073 • Replies: 22
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 10:06 am
You're right, mismi, she hasn't posted in a while. Hm, perhaps she's on vacation.

It's so hard to keep track of people with this new design *sigh*
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 10:10 am
@mismi,
Looks like she last posted Nov. 17th:

http://able2know.org/user/linkat/

(Found that by clicking on mismi's name and then replacing "mismi" with "linkat.")

I'd bet she's especially busy right now -- hope everything's fine though. (I miss FreeDuck too but I'm assuming it's the same. This season is crazy enough for stay-at-home moms, super-crazy for those who work outside the home too.)
mismi

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 10:15 am
@sozobe,
I can't imagine - I am working three days a week now and it's kicking my butt! Well...I just miss her. I knew she was concerned about being laid off at one point...anyway - I am hoping she and Free Duck are well and things are good with them. Looking forward to hearing from them soon though!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 08:20 am
@mismi,
I am just sending it through again. Hoping you are okay Linkat.
djjd62

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 08:26 am
@mismi,
freeduck posted on the "you can keep your socks on thread", still no sign of linkat as far as i can see
mismi

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 08:38 am
@djjd62,
Thanks dj Smile
djjd62

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 04:16 pm
@mismi,
linkat sighting here
Linkat

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 04:29 pm
@djjd62,
wow you're quick and thanks mismi for thinking of me -

I will fill you in on the happenings - lots - and I was running in a sense.
flyboy804

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 04:31 pm
@djjd62,
This was her first posting since 17 November. If she wants to let us know what she's been doing in the interim, I'm sure she will.
flyboy804

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 04:32 pm
@flyboy804,
Likats post beat me by two minutes.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 04:58 pm
@mismi,
Thanks Mismi for thinking of me - I have read many of your comments in the past and you are always thoughtful.

It is definately nice to know that some one is concerned.
sozobe

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 07:27 pm
@Linkat,
Oooh, that sounds ominous.

Looking forward to being filled in though... and hope it's NOT ominous...
mismi

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 09:22 pm
@Linkat,
HEY LINKAT! So happy to see you here. I have been hoping that all is well with you. Looking forward to hearing when you have time. I have missed seeing you around!
Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 11:39 am
@sozobe,
Not ominious (I can't spell) - just I ran away from A2k. Didn't like it much. Too much whining (including me) and many people were pissing me off - normally stuff like that - that doesn't bother me, but things that normally don't bother me were starting to bother me. I guess all the stress in my life.

I also didn't like how I was acting to others - so I ran away. Didn't want to bother with this place any more. Then I got real busy at work so I was too busy and didn't want to check in any more.

One day I actually had a few minutes and instead of reading the paper decided I'd take a peek. And mismi was so sweet thinking of me.

So I am well (physically) and actually have had some good news, less stress so maybe I can handle you guys again.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 11:39 am
@mismi,
thanks!
mismi

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 08:24 am
@Linkat,
You are welcome - I did miss you and just wanted to make sure all was well with you.

I get like that sometimes too. Actually - the internet altogether - too much information. So I just stay away. And really, I have enough to do outside of my piddling around here - But I do enjoy it. I have learned to pick and choose threads. I give advice sometimes....but not often anymore. It usually gets answered better than I can give anyway - just don't feel that's my niche.

How's the job? You say you are not as stressed - is there still the possibility of layoff?
Linkat

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 12:28 pm
@mismi,
Ah - the job. Lots changed on that.

No relocation now! We are staying! Couldn't sell unless we sold for 70k less than the assessed value which was insane. My boss (without me knowing) went ahead and pushed for me to stay - it took months as this had to be approved by several levels. One day my boss' boss asked to see me in her office - oh crap I'm thinking with all the recent layoffs. She said my job is staying here. Sort of an end of discussion - she said I hope this is good news - they had to work so hard to get my position approved that it was pretty much a done deal.

Much better than the other alternative (being laid off).

So we talked to the builder where we had given over 14k and they agreed to send us back all our money! They sold our house (for more than what we were going to pay) so they were satisified.

Once we got that news - we booked a trip for the kids to Disney and gave it to them for Christmas and bought ourselves a flat screen TV. The rest will be put away (as you never know what will happen in the future).
sozobe

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 12:41 pm
@Linkat,
Oh wow Linkat! That seems like really excellent news.

What do your parents think about it? Have things kind of permanently shifted anyway?
Linkat

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 12:46 pm
@sozobe,
Of course they are happy (my parents that is) - I'm just happy to be employed.

Not sure what you mean by permanently shifted? If anything work is in a complete flux (probably why they were able to keep me) - they are looking at re-structuring things at all levels so I could have a different type of position in a sense - (ie move from being a manager to an individual contributor) - nothing is really known yet other than things are going to change.