'Jesus was born in June', astronomers claim

Foofie

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 04:46 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Foofie probably never knew and/or never learned that the Americans refused
entry to thousands of Jews fleeing Nazi-Germany by ship. After being rejected
by the Americans they had no other choice than to return to Germany.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_St._Louis

I know this historical fact. What is your point relating to me? The United States is not Europe, and whether I like it or not, back in the early 1940's the popular culture's level of anti-Semitism was not zero, as I have heard. However, you might not be aware of what would have happened to some of the Jews in the U.S., if the Nazis won.

Anyway, while not everyone in the U.S. adores Jews, you surely are aware they have thrived in this country, as opposed to some European countries where they are still marginalized at best. I include Eastern Europe in that thought.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 05:15 pm
@Francis,
Francis wrote:

I'm not talking to an American, be he Jewish or not.

I'm not talking as an European, but as an human being.

I'm talking to a twisted person wich twisted ways are damageable to humanhood.

You are so cynical that you even try to shift what I'm telling YOU to the story of the horrible sufferings of the Jewish people, while you hadn't suffered anything.

All you touch turns to filth.

Be advised that my good Jewish friends (Americans and other, who I cherish) despise you as much as I do.

Obviously you are a human being; however, I define my human being hood in context of being an American, a veteran from the Vietnam Era, a Republican, someone who voted for both Bushes and McCain, and NOT, in my opinion, a citizen of the world. I am only a citizen of the U.S.A.

You mentioned above of some sort of vitriol relating to me, I believe? They sound like ad-hominems that are not backed up by specific facts. What do you care if I do not care for Europe and its people? Why empower me for my opinion? You need not like the U.S.? I really do not understand your thinking.

You are wrong about my not being affected by European anti-Semitism, since it was European anti-Semitism that was exported to the U.S., just like the British anti-Irish prejudices were exported to the U.S., and it took decades for Irish-Americans to advance in this country because of that exported anti-Irish prejudice. So, when my family came here in the latter half of the 19th century, they had a hard immigrant experience, aggravated by the European brand of prejudices that infested the U.S. in that era. I just do not care for the European concept of society; for example, what was all the concern in France if Muslim girls wear a head covering in school? Here in the U.S. Muslim girls wear a head covering in school, and are TOTALLY accepted by teachers and students alike. I personally believe the U.S. society is way ahead of Europe in inclusiveness.

Please do not tell me how you have Jewish friends. That is not any of my concern. Please allow me to mind my own business when it comes to your life.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 07:59 am
@Merry Andrew,
The trip from the Baltic countries was not always that easy, many fled in overloaded open boats being on the sea for several days, alsways being afraid of Russian airplanes bombing them. From Lithuania many took the roads west
through eastern Germany and Poland.
As you know some Swedish I left the infos in Swedish too.
Tiotusentals av dessa människor nådde Sverige, många i små, överlastade öppna båtar efter att ha färdats i flera dygn över öppet hav, i ständig skräck för att bli beskjutna av ryska flygplan. Från Litauen gick flykten mestadels landvägen västerut, genom de till slagfält förvandlade östra Tyskland och Polen.
0 Replies