Illinois Governor Arrested

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 04:54 am
I'm still trying to figure out what, exactly, Okie's lengthy cut-and-pastes are supposed to convey to the reader. There are innuendos here and snide hints that there's more here than meets the eye. But that's all. I don't see a single thing that somehow points a finger at Obama, accusing him of anything illegal or immoral. Not one thing. It's all <wink, wink> <nudge, nudge> by someone who's still obsessed about a 'darky' being in the Oval Office this long after the election.
snood

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 06:09 am
@Merry Andrew,
Dude, that obsession will outlast this particular president-elect's administration (s). That obsession is deep, and uglier than reason can reach.
CoastalRat

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 06:46 am
I gotta agree with BillRM that there was nothing wrong with Obama talking to the governor about his replacement. No big deal there. So why would Obama lie about that?

Funny how I've read for years all the democrat postings here about Bush and his lies and now Obama is obviously telling a falsehood (or so it seems) and we have nary a complaint from the left. Funny how that works, ain't it? My democrat friends are going to have 4 years of listening to conservatives point out every time Obama tells an apparent lie. I guess what goes around comes around.

These next 4 years sure are gonna be fun. I'm looking forward to it.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 06:49 am
@CoastalRat,
All politicians lie when in a controversy. To Obama's credit, he did not offer any incentive, not money or anything else, to have his choice installed as senator. For that reason, I think it is more ado than subsance.
cjhsa

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 06:49 am
This is huge.

January may never come for O-boy.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 06:57 am
@edgarblythe,
I agree edgar. And to Obama's credit he obviously did nothing wrong. A definate plus. So why lie about it?

But as you say, all pols are such good liars that I guess they don't realize that there are times when the truth won't hurt them. Oh well.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 07:03 am
Hey Dumbocrats!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How's your boy from Crook County looking now!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 07:42 am
@cjhsa,
Our boy is looking like he's about to be inaugurated as President. You continue to appear to be a childish dick with a stupid avatar. I don't see any difference today from yesterday except that a governor got arrested.
cjhsa

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 07:52 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
January may never come for O-boy.....

Interesting trivia: Has a president-elect ever been indicted before?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 07:59 am
@cjhsa,
you're dreaming.....
revel

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 08:07 am
Surely Obama is aware that Blagojevich was being watched and taped. Obama is not stupid enough to say he had no contact with Blagojevich when it can be proven otherwise. Admitting to having conversations about the open seat but not promising anything in return with Blagojevich would have had no ill effects so Obama has no reason to lie about it.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 08:07 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,

Are you faulting the man for having a dream?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 08:08 am
@revel,
revel wrote:

Obama is not stupid enough to say he had no contact with Blagojevich when it can be proven otherwise.

Sure he is.
revel

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 08:17 am
@H2O MAN,
No he is not or he would not have made it this far against such odds in which he started out with. Obama graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law School; so he is not dumb by any standards and he would have to be to lie about something which can be easily proven otherwise.

maporsche

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 08:31 am
@revel,
There is a highly educated man who let his son use an Uzi a few weeks ago. The kid blew his face off.

Highly educated people can make mistakes.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 08:37 am
@CoastalRat,
CoastalRat wrote:

I gotta agree with BillRM that there was nothing wrong with Obama talking to the governor about his replacement. No big deal there. So why would Obama lie about that?

What makes you think that Obama is lying?
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 08:40 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

What makes you think that Obama is lying?

His lips were moving.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 08:40 am
@joefromchicago,
Axelrod was lying then if he told the press that Obama and Blago had talked when they hadn't.
JPB

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 08:42 am
@maporsche,
...or misinformed, or talking out of his ass.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 08:44 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Axelrod was lying then if he told the press that Obama and Blago had talked when they hadn't.

Well, I'll just ask the same question that Brandon always asks: what evidence do you have that Axelrod was lying?
0 Replies