Illinois Governor Arrested

ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 05:42 pm
@JPB,
I'm sort of enjoying watching their heads spin Laughing
slkshock7

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 05:58 pm
I'm just amused at the association of Rezko in this case. Rezko may be the Abramh0ff of Democrat politics and could haunt Obama throughout his administration.
JPB

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 06:06 pm
@ehBeth,
me too!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 06:58 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
it will get expoentially better on Jan 20th is nothing happens other than bush getting the **** out....

Hate to say it but I agree with that....
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 07:38 pm
Quote:
Blagojevich also is no neophyte. He was baptized in the nitty gritty of Chicago Machine politics and confirmed in back-room bargaining and big money deals. He spent years climbing the ladder, first as a state representative, then a congressman and finally governor. He was boosted to power by his father-in-law, Alderman Dick Mell, a veteran Democratic ward boss and longtime stalwart of the once mighty Machine.

And yet, in conversations recorded from late October to last week, Blagojevich seemed almost oblivious as he vented his frustrations about being "stuck" as governor, complained of "struggling" financially, and allegedly talked of using the Senate appointment to land a lucrative job in the private sector, or even an ambassadorship or a Cabinet post.

"It's about greed," said Don Rose, a longtime political strategist in Chicago. "He's got to be completely off his rocker to be talking like that at a time when he knows the feds are looking at him. ... He's out there like he's talking to his wife in bed."

He added: "I think this is beyond ordinary sanity. We're talking about something clinical here. This is beyond logic. It's beyond greed as we know it."

He also scoffed at the notion that Blagojevich had any chance of obtaining a post in Obama's Cabinet.

"I consider myself a student of corruption, but I've never heard of this kind of thing going on," Rose said. "The way he's talking about it is lunacy. ... `Maybe they'll make me secretary of health and human services.' Who's going to hire this guy?"

Paul Green, a political scientist at Roosevelt University, said: "If you're under so much scrutiny by an unbelievably dedicated U.S. attorney's office, why would you risk it all? This is a case less about politics and more about social psychology. ... A hard-nosed Illinois politician wouldn't even dream of doing this, considering the situation."

One of the most intriguing aspects of the story was that Blagojevich was elected as Mr. Clean, promising to clean up state government. His predecessor, Republican Gov. George Ryan, is behind bars for graft.

Blagojevich "had everything going for him," Green said. "He could have been the Serbian Obama. He was young, handsome, articulate."source

Why does the thought that it's only lunacy because folks were watching/listening sicken me?
JPB

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 07:45 pm
@JPB,
The Serbian Obama?"

Laughing Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 07:46 pm
@JPB,
I don't think that's quite that they're getting at - it's that he's doing it while being aware of likely being under surveillance.

It's bad in any case, but it seems almost like deliberate political suicide - or something "clinical".
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 08:17 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:
Mr B was cheering this morning -- he'd been predicting this for over a year.

Just a year? In 2006, before the gubernatorial election, my mom asked me who she should vote for. I told her to vote for Blagojevich, because, when he got convicted, Pat Quinn, the lieutenant governor, would take over, and Quinn's a good guy.

As for me, I voted for the Green candidate. Fool me once ...
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 08:33 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
You've got nothing and O boy ain't going to change anything for the better.

Your support of O boy will only bring suffering to you and those like you.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 09:14 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

As for me, I voted for the Green candidate. Fool me once ...

Paul Vallas will continue to be an excellent write-in candidate - even if he no longer lives here.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 09:17 pm
@gungasnake,
I love the Obama haters who I am sure dream every night of the good old days when they could had hung him from a tree for being a upperly black man.

Sorry but this story had nothing to do with Obama fitiness for office and you will need to try Obama is not a citizen route once more.

Hell it is too bad that we amend the constitution to overturn the Supreme Court ruling that no black person could be a citizen is it not?
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 10:17 pm
@BillRM,
Right on, Bill. The 14th and 15th Amendments stick in the craw of guys like gunga, waterboy and cjhsa. The 2nd Amendment is the only one they cherish.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 10:30 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

How did such a stupid idiot get elected governor? I hope he and his aide go to prison for a long time.

BBB

It happens all the time. You haven't noticed?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 10:31 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Is Blagojevich a democrat?

Nobody knows, H2OMAN, I never see it reported. How do you explain that?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 10:32 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Aren't we lucky that we got the one honest man in Chicago politics as our president-elect?

Amazing how he was able to climb to the top with playing the game.

Only a Messiah could do it!
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 10:34 pm
@slkshock7,
slkshock7 wrote:

I'm just amused at the association of Rezko in this case. Rezko may be the Abramh0ff of Democrat politics and could haunt Obama throughout his administration.

Fundraiser for both Obama and the gov, I understand, and curious, why did the gov think Obama could get his wife a job in Washington? Did he make that up? What did he know and when did he know it?

Who was it again that tapped into Obama's cell phone? I remember that from a while back.

Lots of dots out there flitting around. Do they form any kind of a pattern?
okie

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 11:02 pm
@okie,
"WASHINGTON, DC, Dec 09, 2008 (MARKET WIRE via COMTEX) -- Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton issued the following statement today in response to the arrest of Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich:
"There has been an air of lawlessness around Governor Blagojevich for some time and Judicial Watch applauds U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald for his actions.
"Blagojevich's corruption is no surprise, but its breath and depravity is shocking. The alleged efforts to sell the Senate seat of Barack Obama are outrageous, but also seem to implicate many other powerful politicians and political players. Especially disturbing are the questions the scandal raises about Barack Obama and his close associates.
"This is a burgeoning crisis for Obama that should shake his presidency to its core.
"The criminal complaint filed today indicates that Obama and his team knew about Blagojevich's efforts to sell Obama's Senate seat. ('Tony' Rezko, Obama friend, fundraiser and real estate partner, is once again implicated in the corrupt activities exposed today.)
"Did Obama report Blagojevich to investigators about any efforts to sell his Senate seat?"

Judicial Watch has been investigating Rod Blagojevich for over two years and has ongoing open records litigation concerning the sale of government jobs for which he was arrested today. Blagojevich has stonewalled and refused to turn over documents to Judicial Watch that could have alerted the American people to his corruption.
For more information on Judicial Watch's campaign against government corruption, visit www.JudicialWatch.org. "

http://www.judicialwatch.org/news/2008/dec/judicial-watch-statement-blagojevich-arrest-shakes-obama-presidency-its-core
okie

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 11:35 pm
@okie,
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008/12/09/obama-contact-illinois-governor-vacated-senate-seat/

"Barack Obama adviser David Axelrod says he was 'mistaken' when he said in November that his boss had talked to Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich about Obama's Senate seat. "

That begs the question then, why did Axelrod say his boss had talked to the governor then? Then this:

"And Blagojevich himself, in taped conversations cited by prosecutors, suggested that Obama wouldn't be helpful to him. Even if the governor was to appoint a candidate favored by the Obama team, Blagojevich said, "they're not willing to give me anything except appreciation." "

How did Blagojevich know that if they had never talked? So if they did, why is Axelrod denying it? What exactly was talked about and who said what? Now that would be interesting to say the least.

okie

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 12:10 am
@okie,
More:

"Barack Obama stated earlier today that he never spoke to Governor Blagojevich AKA “Bleck” about his replacement.

“I had no contact with the Governor”.

Here’s Dave Axelrod discussing a few weeks ago how Obama discussed his replacement with the Governor. View it while you can before Google yanks it."

http://www.noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/12/09/axelrod-on-video-obama-talked-to-governor-blecky-about-his-replacement/
BillRM

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 04:26 am
@okie,
First there is nothing wrong with talking to a governor about your replacement in the senate and the good old governor were catch complaining on tape that the Obama team would not offer him anything for appointing someone to that position.

Second there is no way that Obama would be stupid enough to lied about talking directly to the man knowing that his phones and other communications was being tap.

So once more you do need to find some other mean of attacking Obama fitiness for office such as returning to he is not a citizen nonsense.
0 Replies