Illinois Governor Arrested

okie

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 04:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
ci, seriously, you are so tiresomely dense, I guess you haven't absorbed anything about what has happened the past few years? I know you are getting older, but is your memory getting a littly fuzzy? No offense intended, but seriously I think your memory is pretty bad.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 05:54 pm
@okie,
Yes, okie, I'm getting old and senile. Please list for me all the lies by Hillary and Bill Clinton. Maybe it'll shake some of my grey matter that's been losing my memory cells.

BTW, and if you don't mind, please provide the credible source from which you make your list.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 06:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
okie, I would also ask you to compare the seriousness of any lies by Hillary and Bill with the doozies told by Bush and his gang.

Quote:
False Pretenses
Following 9/11, President Bush and seven top officials of his administration waged a carefully orchestrated campaign of misinformation about the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's Iraq.

By Charles Lewis and Mark Reading-Smith
January 23, 2008

President George W. Bush and seven of his administration's top officials, including Vice President Dick Cheney, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, made at least 935 false statements in the two years following September 11, 2001, about the national security threat posed by Saddam Hussein's Iraq. Nearly five years after the U.S. invasion of Iraq, an exhaustive examination of the record shows that the statements were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses.

On at least 532 separate occasions (in speeches, briefings, interviews, testimony, and the like), Bush and these three key officials, along with Secretary of State Colin Powell, Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, and White House press secretaries Ari Fleischer and Scott McClellan, stated unequivocally that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction (or was trying to produce or obtain them), links to Al Qaeda, or both. This concerted effort was the underpinning of the Bush administration's case for war.

okie, How many people died from lies told by Hillary and Bill vs GWBush and his gang?
Lightwizard

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 06:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The rate of suicides in the military personnel who have returned from Iraq is up and now is outnumbering those who are dying in Iraq. The war has been a massive downer and negatively effected our economy. Lives to the last administration are, of course, less important than money so they'll continue their propaganda until Hell freezes over.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 06:52 pm
@Lightwizard,
Cyclo, It's not only suicides but divorce and violence from returning soldiers are a huge problem for many families back home. These aren't even counted in the "casaulty" logs where they belong.
JTT

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 07:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Okie, you are such a miserable excuse for a human being with your unflagging support for a bunch of war criminals. People died because of you, people died because you parked your brain and lapped up the nonsense. Pathetic.

Quote:

George W Bush, White House told 935 lies after September 11

US President George W Bush and other top officials issued almost one thousand false statements about the national security threat from Iraq following the September 11 attacks, according to a study by two not-for-profit organisations.
The Associated Press reports the study, published on the website of the Centre for Public Integrity, concluded the statements “were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanised public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretences”.

According to the study, 935 false statements were issued by the White House in the two years after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

In speeches, briefings and interviews, President Bush and other officials stated “unequivocally” on at least 532 occasions that Iraq had links to al-Qaeda, or had weapons of mass destruction or was trying to get them.

“It is now beyond dispute that Iraq did not possess any weapons of mass destruction or have meaningful ties to al-Qaeda,” wrote the study’s authors Charles Lewis and Mark Reading-Smith.

“In short, the Bush administration led the nation to war on the basis of erroneous information that it methodically propagated and that culminated in military action against Iraq on March 19, 2003.”

The study found that President Bush alone made 259 false statements " 231 about weapons of mass destruction and 28 about Iraq’s links to al-Qaeda.

The other officials named in the study are vice president Dick Cheney, then-national security advisor Condoleezza Rice, then-defence secretary Donald Rumsfeld, then-secretary of state Colin Powell, deputy defence secretary Paul Wolfowitz and White House spokesmen Ari Fleischer and Scott McClellan.

“The cumulative effect of these false statements " amplified by thousands of news stories and broadcasts " was massive, with the media coverage creating an almost impenetrable din for several critical months in the run-up to war,” the study concluded.

“Some journalists " indeed, even some entire news organisations " have since acknowledged that their coverage during those pre-war months was far too deferential and uncritical. These mea culpas notwithstanding, much of the wall-to-wall media coverage provided additional ‘independent’ validation of the Bush administration’s false statements about Iraq.”

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23098129-401,00.html
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 11:09 pm
Bush makes Blago look like a saint. There is going to be a special place in hell for Bush.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 11:39 am
@Advocate,
The suicide rate amongst soldiers are now higher than the casualty from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. This is the "legacy" GW Bush has wrought our country, and we still have "dummies" supporting Bush and this war.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 11:52 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Yes, okie, I'm getting old and senile. Please list for me all the lies by Hillary and Bill Clinton. Maybe it'll shake some of my grey matter that's been losing my memory cells.

I doubt it can be shook, ci, I think you are beyond hope. Thanks to Bush and Cheney, you had a few more years of peace. I wish you the best, ci.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 11:55 am
@okie,
okie, You made a claim; now show evidence or bug out! You continue to make claims or opinions that you can't provide credible source for. Why do you even bother posting garbage all the time? Your stupid pill does you no favors; it only continues to prove you are a worthless debater.
okie

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 01:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You are becoming very shrill, ci, not a good sign. I detect your confidence in the messiah, Barack Obama, is waning.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 01:54 pm
@okie,
I'm not "shrill" at all; just asking you to back up what you say/claim. That's not too much to ask when you wish to debate an issue.
okie

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 06:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No terror attacks on our soil after 9/11, ci, After Bush converted the terrorist problem to a military one from a crime problem. Now, Obama is in process of converting terrorism into a crime problem once again, thus I would not be confident, ci. You asked for evidence, I presented it. In regard to crime problem vs. military problem, and how the 2 administrations treat it, this is common knowledge. If you are unaware of this, I would suggest you do a little research into what has been happening. I cannot teach you all of the facts if you have none whatsoever, there is not enough time in the day to do it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 06:43 pm
@okie,
You guys keep saying we had no attacks on our soil since 9-11, but fail to understand the security throughout the world when anybody travels by public transportation. Ignorance is devine.

No, what Bush did was break international and domestic laws on being charged with a crime. Bush authorized illegal wiretaps, and held people without charge and held in prison for many years. When you don't understand the Constitution and/or the Geneva Conventions, you remain ignorant in your comments about our security vs breaking the laws.
okie

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 08:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You guys keep saying we had no attacks on our soil since 9-11, but fail to understand the security throughout the world when anybody travels by public transportation. Ignorance is devine.

There have been attacks elsewhere. You are not above ignorance, ci, you cannot claim it for everyone else, but exempt yourself.

Quote:
No, what Bush did was break international and domestic laws on being charged with a crime. Bush authorized illegal wiretaps, and held people without charge and held in prison for many years. When you don't understand the Constitution and/or the Geneva Conventions, you remain ignorant in your comments about our security vs breaking the laws.

Obviously you have never studied history because you have no context to your beliefs, because if you did, you would now be demanding FDR be tried in absentia for war crimes, and you have told me many times that his actions touched you personally. I am glad Bush lived up to his responsibilities under his presidential constitutional powers to tap phone conversations that undoubtedly saved lives. You use the politics of fear, when law abiding citizens have no need to fear anyone tapping a conversation with suspected terrorists. Bush fulfilled his presidential responsibilities, and for that I am grateful, and you should be too, you ungrateful old lout. Geneva conventions do not apply to terrorists not acting under a country's flag, ci, so again, no laws broken. And if Obama lets something happen because of not fulfilling his responsibility, we should all hold him personally responsible, and that includes you as well.
Advocate

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 11:06 pm
@okie,
I guess Clinton deserves tremendous credit because we were not attacked domestically for 8.5 years following the first attack on the Twin Towers. Also, that was before there was a Homeland Security Dept., etc.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 11:01 am
@okie,
okie wrote:
Quote:
There have been attacks elsewhere. You are not above ignorance, ci, you cannot claim it for everyone else, but exempt yourself.

okie, Do you know anything about geography?

okie wrote:
Quote:
Obviously you have never studied history because you have no context to your beliefs, because if you did, you would now be demanding FDR be tried in absentia for war crimes, and you have told me many times that his actions touched you personally.

Typical conservative response; charge all the past democratic presidents for the ills created by GWBush; now even dead presidents. Do you understand the word "rational?"
okie

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 11:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Typical conservative response; charge all the past democratic presidents for the ills created by GWBush; now even dead presidents. Do you understand the word "rational?"

So was it Bush that sent over a hundred thousand Japanese Americans to concentration camps? Man, I guess I need to brush up on history. And biology, to figure out how Bush did that before he was born!!!!!!!
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 01:03 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:
You use the politics of fear, when law abiding citizens have no need to fear anyone tapping a conversation with suspected terrorists.

You use politics of fear when claiming that your privacy is being invaded by the government's attempt to crack down on those terrorists who are trying to kill as many Americans as possible, eh?

Is this an attempt at very subtle sarcasm, or has the term "politics of fear" has been redefined recently?
Advocate

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 03:11 pm
I saw a bulletin that Blago just got a huge contract from the Hair Club For Men in return for endorsing the Club's products. I'm happy for the guy.