Illinois Governor Arrested

okie

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 11:38 am
@wandeljw,
I am beginning to think the Democrats and the legislature may begin to have second thoughts and may be starting to run scared of Blagojevich, because throwing him out could damage Obama. Already his lawyer is claiming the Obama report can be used to prove his innocence. Face it, this entire case is linked to Obama, whether Obama played the game or did not play the game, Obama is the only guy that had the power to give Blagojevich what people are accusing him of wanting to get out of the deal.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 03:53 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:
. . .Obama is the only guy that had the power to give Blagojevich what people are accusing him of wanting to get out of the deal.

No he's not. Plain and simply, Blago wanted money for picking Obama's replacement. Obama isn't the only politician, or Illinoisan for that matter, with money.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 03:58 pm
Hey okie, I don't know if you've heard this but, Fitzgerald has said that Obama is not a subject of this investigation.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 04:30 pm
@okie,
My God, okie. Are you really this ignorant? There are 2 counts to the indictment. Neither is about the Senate seat.
Count 1 is Blago defrauded the state of his honest services since 2002.
Count 2 is bribery for offering assistance to build Wrigley field in exchange for firing certain people at the Chicago Trib.

The only reason they moved when they did was because the seat might be sold to the highest bidder not because it was the reason for indictment. The "entire case" is NOT linked to Obama. The only part of the case that can be partially linked to Obama is the Senate seat he vacated gave Blago something he considered valuable to trade for favors as part of his ongoing corruption since 2002. That is a small part of the case and probably won't even be part of it in the end. There are other parts of the case that involve actual quid pro quo.
okie

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 04:35 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

okie wrote:
. . .Obama is the only guy that had the power to give Blagojevich what people are accusing him of wanting to get out of the deal.

No he's not. Plain and simply, Blago wanted money for picking Obama's replacement. Obama isn't the only politician, or Illinoisan for that matter, with money.

But Obama is the one that has the power to arrange some of the stuff that the governor may have wanted.
parados

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 04:38 pm
@okie,
Really? What stuff? Be specific.
okie

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 04:39 pm
@parados,
You are correct, Parados, I mis-spoke, the entire scandal is not linked to Obama, only part of it. As I have said numerous times, Obama may be innocent, or he may be only guilty of knowing more about this than he admits, which is what I suspect, but indications are that he did not participate in any pay for play scheme. But I do not honestly know, but one thing I do know, Obama has not been entirely forthcoming and open to clearing up the suspicions, so I along with the entire country will continue to follow the story, I am not going to give a pass to Obama.
okie

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 04:47 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Really? What stuff? Be specific.

He may have wanted a cabinet post, and who appoints those, Parados? Just one possibility. Who knows all of them? And Jarrett was wanted, originally, by Emanuel at least although they claim it wasn't Obama's idea, but who is one of Obama's best friends and confidants, its Jarrett, so who would be the logical person to make that happen, its Obama, Parados.

Parados, I have noticed you are one that has kicked into full alert mode of defense here of Obama with this case. Is this just your personal interest, or are you part of a team, part of your job? You never answer my question, are you a lawyer?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 05:00 pm
Okie, stand firm! Don't back down in the face of truth.

BTW, I gather that people connected to Jesse Jackson Jr. made a great offer.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 08:59 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

You are correct, Parados, I mis-spoke, the entire scandal is not linked to Obama, only part of it. As I have said numerous times, Obama may be innocent, or he may be only guilty of knowing more about this than he admits, which is what I suspect, but indications are that he did not participate in any pay for play scheme. But I do not honestly know, but one thing I do know, Obama has not been entirely forthcoming and open to clearing up the suspicions, so I along with the entire country will continue to follow the story, I am not going to give a pass to Obama.

That is the perfect example of okie speak.
I don't know what is true but because he hasn't told what I think is true he therefore might be guilty.

What facts do you have that makes you think he hasn't been forthcoming other than your "suspicions?"
Rockhead

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 09:01 pm
@parados,
he's just keeping the ashes warm in case...

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 09:06 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

okie wrote:

That is the perfect example of okie speak.

I won't try to explain "Parados speak."
Quote:
I don't know what is true but because he hasn't told what I think is true he therefore might be guilty.

What facts do you have that makes you think he hasn't been forthcoming other than your "suspicions?"

Go back and read all the posts, Parados, I am tired of repeating the obvious. Learn to read, parados, that is all I can tell you to try to help you.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 09:10 pm
@okie,
The Okie wrote -

"I am tired of repeating the obvious"

Laughing Rolling Eyes

(obviously you are just getting warmed up...)
Lightwizard

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 12:38 pm
@Rockhead,
Irrational suspicions are a sign of depression. A little Prozac might help okie come back to the real world. If the Bush administration FBI and Attorney General are that inept, then I guess nothing has improved since 9/11 and I also guess okie might even believe that the FBI is still run by a drag queen and Michelle is a transexual.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 02:12 pm
Quote:
Senate Democrats' letter on Obama replacement
(The Associated Press, December 30, 2008)

The text of the letter released Tuesday by the Democratic leadership in the Senate in which Democrats say they will not seat anyone Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich's appoints to the seat vacated by President-elect Barack Obama. Blagojevich was expected to nominate Roland Burris, former attorney general of Illinois:
Quote:
It is truly regrettable that despite warning from all 50 Democratic senators and public officials throughout Illinois, Gov. Blagojevich would take the imprudent step of appointing someone to the United States Senate who would serve under a shadow and be plagued by questions of impropriety. We say this without prejudice toward Roland Burris's ability, and we respect his years of public service. But this is not about Mr. Burris; it is about the integrity of a governor accused of attempting to sell this United States Senate seat. Under these circumstances, anyone appointed by Gov. Blagojevich cannot be an effective representative of the people of Illinois and, as we have said, will not be seated by the Democratic Caucus.

Next week we will start one of the most important debates of the year outlining an economic recovery plan to create jobs and invest in America. And in the coming weeks, we will be working to protect homeowners and consumers, make America more energy independent, strengthen our national security, and improve health care and educational opportunities. There is much work to do and a lot at stake. It is thus critical that Illinois and every other state have two seated senators without delay.

We again urge Gov. Blagojevich to not make this appointment. It is unfair to Mr. Burris, it is unfair to the people of Illinois and it will ultimately not stand. The governor must put the interests of the people of Illinois and all Americans first by stepping aside now and letting his successor appoint someone who we will seat.

0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 07:55 pm
This is hilarious. Blago is sticking it to them. After all, they wouldn't pay up like he wanted them to. And Bobby Rush, the guy that beat Obama a few years ago, is saying do not dare undercut this appointment, Ha ha. And Obama in a written statement, sided with the Senate leadership, saying the governor's decision was "disappointing" and that he should resign so a "lawful and appropriate process of succession" can take place.

Hey Barack, the man is innocent until proven guilty, and your internal report is going to be used by his lawyer to help prove his innocence. After all, it is alleged he was trying to ask for money or rewards in exchange for the appointment, and the main guy he was supposedly asking this of said pay for play was not discussed or negotiated. That main guy is you, Barack, hello. Your internal report has no evidence of any wrongdoing with your people. So if he didn't discuss it with you or your people, then who else was it? If you can't name names, then get off his case, Barack. And that goes for the rest of you Democrats, if you can't name names, get off the man's case.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 08:21 pm
@okie,
"Hey Barack, the man is innocent until proven guilty"

OK, now you and Rush both make me laugh...

Thanks Okester.

Just for fun...

"if you can't name names, get off the man's case."

(yer a riot)

Shocked Rolling Eyes
okie

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 08:25 pm
@Rockhead,
Just wondering why Barack is confused, why he thinks Blago's appointment is "unlawful." I thought Barack had a law degree? And besides, Obama's own internal report cleared the man of any inappropriate dealing with Obama's people, and who else would it have been with? Can Obama name names?

Should Barack call you, Rocky, maybe you know?
parados

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 08:28 pm
@okie,
Maybe you should read the indictment filed by Fitzgerald okie.

If anyone doubted your partisanship idiocy, that post proves it after you went on and on about Obama could be guilty and now attack Obama because Blago hasn't been convicted yet.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 08:28 pm
@okie,
I don't think you are wondering ****...

you are the most insidious bullshit promoter I've come across in a while.

mooooo....

"I thought"... No flippin' way. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies