I sent this letter to Rachel Maddow today

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 10:31 am
Rachel, while I applaud Barack Obama's proposal to create jobs, I've noticed that the emphasis appears to be work predominately performed by men. I've not seen any proposals for worked predominately performed by women.

It's admirable that Obama wants to help men, but what about single women, single mothers, etc. who have been laid off and can't find work. The job concept needs to be expanded to include women's work.

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,021 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 10:59 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
They will be put to work as concubines for Obamas all black mooooslim staff.... the white women anyway....plotting the overthrow of America is stressful work and these men will need relief on a regular basis
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 11:02 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Rachel, while I applaud Barack Obama's proposal to create jobs, I've noticed that the emphasis appears to be work predominately performed by men. I've not seen any proposals for worked predominately performed by women.

It's admirable that Obama wants to help men, but what about single women, single mothers, etc. who have been laid off and can't find work. The job concept needs to be expanded to include women's work.

BBB

I wonder, how would you propose we promote creating such jobs? Specifically, as it seems most jobs could be done by either sex.

Cycloptichorn
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 11:03 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I usually find you funny, Bear, but not this time!

BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 11:05 am
@Cycloptichorn,
You are smart, think again and you will understand.

BBB
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 11:07 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
just a little poke at the more reactionary right wing types dear....don't get upset...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 11:07 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

You are smart, think again and you will understand.

BBB

Well, that's why I bothered to respond - I did think about it, and couldn't come up with a clear way to do what you propose. I know that there are many industries in trouble right now and when it comes to handing out money in order to create jobs - which is what we are basically talking about - it's difficult for me to see how those jobs 'traditionally' done by women can be isolated.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 11:09 am
BBB, Where have you been? There are many women working in the construction industry including the paving of roads, and making of bridges. Local public works departments also hire women; they must apply for those jobs just like the men - who also work as RNs and other women dominated careers like maids.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 11:10 am
a woman can do whatever a man can do except for writing her name in the snow, so this shouldn't be a problem.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 11:13 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
YOu just didn't try hard enough. Wink
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 12:35 pm
I don't think that Obama's program is about creating jobs for men particularly. It's about creating jobs. Period. As so many have already pointed out, today almost all jobs are gender-neutral. In fact, the Equal Opportunity Act specifically forbids advertising employment exclusively for one sex or the other. There are plenty of women construction workers just as there are plenty of male RNs.
0 Replies