stach

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 09:33 am
I came across this expression on the net and wonder what makes it so vulgar? I suppose it means "sexual partner" or something like that. It probably is based on something like "time when we do something a bit unusual". A hockey player was suspended from NHL for saying these words into a TV camera.

quote:

Avery approached a group of reporters, asked if a camera was present, then said he wanted to say one thing: "I'm really happy to be back in Calgary; I love Canada," he said. "I just wanted to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about. But, enjoy the game tonight."

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,387 • Replies: 8
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 09:43 am
This is when your girlfriend comes home from her other boyfriend's house and wants oral sex. Capiche?
Bella Dea

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 10:41 am
@cjhsa,
Uh, no it doesn't Cj.

It means when one man has unprotected sex with a woman who's vagina still contains semen from a previous partner, and that semen is used for lube.
cjhsa

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 11:28 am
@Bella Dea,
Same thing BD..... my version was just more graphic.
0 Replies

stach

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 11:54 am
ok, thanks - now i see it is vulgar - now why is it "sloppy" and why "seconds" if you don't mind explaining

sloppy is something not straight and seconds could mean time unit or the second, the third...

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 12:12 pm
@stach,
Sloppy in the sense of messy, untidy; seconds in the sense of second helpings (as at a buffet, for example).
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 12:14 pm
@stach,
You are translating the specific words "sloppy" and "seconds".

Sloppy in this instance means messy.

Seconds means something that comes after something else - e.g. Bill was first, Ted was second. Bill will say Ted was second to him.

So the expression is meant to signify that Bill is saying Ted is getting his "sloppy seconds", he is getting the woman AFTER Bill has been with her and presumably Bill has left the area (womans orifices) "messy"!

The expression is explained in prior posts above.
stach

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 03:10 pm
@Heeven,
so now it makes sense it is vulgar

English is so playful, incredible. Sloppy seconds. Someone falls in love with my sloppy seconds. I think there is a logical mistake. It should be "fall in love with THEIR sloppy seconds" . Because the suspended player did not have the second serving, they had the second serving, I guess.
JTT

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 02:10 pm
@stach,
In this case, Stach, my sloppy seconds' was used as a much cruder, 'my former girlfriend'. Had he use the latter, he wouldn't be sitting out six or going back to school.
0 Replies